Poll: What do you think of the pace of alt leveling in WoD?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pace of alt leveling in WoD

What do you think of the pace of alt leveling in WoD at the moment? Considering that players have access to things like many heirlooms and potions. Too fast? Too slow? Or just right? Do you think that this pace of alt leveling has positive or negative repercussions on the game? In what ways?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    currently about to max with a new character. had Heirlooms til 90. Pace feels nice.

Chance (aka Sodapoppin) just leveled from 1-100 in 4 hours and 50 minutes. Way...WAY TOO FAST.

With heirlooms, it's alright. (For an alt)

New players should take a bit more time to level up, but, if you're running through the world with your 15th alt, the world gets boring. (they should add a mechanic that gives you extra xp gain depending on how many chars you got up on max level, doesn't have to be a huge %, maybe like 2% per 1x lv100 )

Quote Originally Posted by Savedge View Post
    Chance (aka Sodapoppin) just leveled from 1-100 in 4 hours and 50 minutes. Way...WAY TOO FAST.
    I don't think RAF should be allowed to count as not everyone has access to 300% extra xp till 90.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its still to slow when ur at alt number 8 etc, wish we could get an +10% exp boost pr. max lvl char we have
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Link? /10
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnyride View Post
    I don't think RAF should be allowed to count as not everyone has access to 300% extra xp till 90.
    Anybody with gold or a friend with gold does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how the game has been about end game ever since BC and the level cap is now at 100, the leveling pace is absolutely fine. If you're at a point where you're blowing through leveling then you're most likely already an experienced player who has at least one character at max level and don't need to worry about it being "too fast" (if that's even ever possible). Newer players will still be able to enjoy and go through the leveling process at a decent pace.

If you're talking about actually leveling in the WoD zones, then most of my point still stands. You go through it at a reasonable pace without heirloom gear, and with it you still level fairly quickly without wanting to shoot yourself. As for the Gorgrond cheese, that's obviously an entire different story and I'm hoping Legion won't have anything like that be possible again, no matter how nice it is to quickly get an alt to 100.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-04-19 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Yes but he spend spend what 200k on potions and he spend hours farming another plus recruit a friend so you can us him doing that as a viable model for an average level experience.

Just fine. They really screwed up the xp distribution. So every alt you basically skip the middle Talador zone because the xp there is just crap. It's all about using xp pot in Gorgrond and then top it off if you need to somewhere in Nagrand. When you get 13 characters who basically go from 92-100 in the same zone, the faster the better. If the xp was better distributed, maybe I'd feel different.

I leveled from 90 to 100 in 1.5-2 hours. That's fine, could be faster though, I dun see any point in slow alt progression, cuz I'll see nothing new anyway. WoW is extremely linear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Propheteu View Post
    Yes but he spend spend what 200k on potions and he spend hours farming another plus recruit a friend so you can us him doing that as a viable model for an average level experience.
    He isn't a wise dude then. You need 2 pots max, that's 5-6k on my realm.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I leveled from 90 to 100 in 1.5-2 hours. That's fine, could be faster though, I dun see any point in slow alt progression, cuz I'll see nothing new anyway. WoW is extremely linear.

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't a wise dude then. You need 2 pots max, that's 5-6k on my realm.
    Yep this too. It's not like each alt has different experiences and has different encounters when they are leveling. It's all the same so no need for it to be this huge chore.

Way too fast from 90-100 with flight, level 100 heirlooms, and the potion you can get from the garrison. I try to keep one of each class caught up to the current max level and once flight came into play it is kinda silly just how fast you can get to 100 just by building your garrsion, opening up the outposts in each zone, and doing all of the bonus objectives.

Bonus objective completion benefits from rested (similar to quest completion) but does not consume it like kills do. Another trick is to get within one kill of each bonus objective in Gorgrond and Talador then pop a 300% exp pot and complete each one within the duration of the potion. It is a tremendous amount of exp in a short time frame without burning much rested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think it's too fast. I understand precisely how it is for people that have been through it all a dozen times. I've been through it at least a dozen times myself on both factions.

However, after not raising a serious alt for nearly a year sometimes it would be nice to take it slow and easy and have your toon not out-leveling zones before you were even half-finished with them. Leveling like that is really a very nice game in itself and it's spoiled by all of the shortcuts that are allowed now and which are troublesome to evade if you want to go at a more measured pace.

I don't know really how to solve the problem unless they create a fast-track, slow-track leveling process that you could choose to use. I know you can turn off XP and the fact is I do but the adventurer in me likes to go out on long trips and stay out without returning to a capital every other day to make adjustments. It's a personal choice but I think it's indicative of the disrespect that the developers pay to their world and its history.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The speed of leveling isn't the problem its quality of fun challenging quest in between the quests and dungeon grind there is too do. There's a reason why the Ring of blood quests are so popular when leveling through TBC, Wrath, Cata. I've met people doing those that became my 3's partner for fun just because we remembered each other. Open World group content is fun.

It is too fast for story telling heirlooms or not but as it stands now its better off we blitz through it sadly.
    Last edited by Shinv; 2016-04-19 at 01:45 AM.

I didn't mind it, although leveling in WoD is all wonky now for reasons I don't understand even without using any methods to level faster. It would be nice if there was an option built into the UI to toggle experience on and off without having to travel to SW/Org to do it and at less of a penalty than 10g a pop. That would allow people to control the pace as they see fit.

Thanks to 300% xp potions and things like that. Nothing like the experience a normal player would have.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axola View Post
    With heirlooms, it's alright. (For an alt)

New players should take a bit more time to level up, but, if you're running through the world with your 15th alt, the world gets boring. (they should add a mechanic that gives you extra xp gain depending on how many chars you got up on max level, doesn't have to be a huge %, maybe like 2% per 1x lv100 )
    i like that idea
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Personally, I think it's too fast. I understand precisely how it is for people that have been through it all a dozen times. I've been through it at least a dozen times myself on both factions.

However, after not raising a serious alt for nearly a year sometimes it would be nice to take it slow and easy and have your toon not out-leveling zones before you were even half-finished with them. Leveling like that is really a very nice game in itself and it's spoiled by all of the shortcuts that are allowed now and which are troublesome to evade if you want to go at a more measured pace.

I don't know really how to solve the problem unless they create a fast-track, slow-track leveling process that you could choose to use. I know you can turn off XP and the fact is I do but the adventurer in me likes to go out on long trips and stay out without returning to a capital every other day to make adjustments. It's a personal choice but I think it's indicative of the disrespect that the developers pay to their world and its history.
    It seems that all of the zones in Legion will be 100-110 (with the exception of Suramar I guess) so you might not actually have to worry about that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting