Poll: Are the new Artifact Skins going to be on the Cash Shop?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It'd be good for them to move to a F2P model and use a cash shop to sustain the game, so if these were potential ideas, I'd support that.

I'm personally of the opinion that having a shop with pets, mounts, upgrades, and so on is already far too much for a game that boasts a monthly fee and expansions that are nearly the price of a new game or even more depending on whether or not you want X/Y perks from the pricier edition.

Not to mention charges an arm and a leg for their services...

I do not care if it ISN'T pulling from the game's development. That was really never my concern anyway. My concern is locking any content, no matter how small or big, behind further real-world money purchasing. It's that good ole slippery slope from the get-go and based upon sheer principle, it's not something they should be doing until they drop costs elsewhere for their players.

It simply needs to stop and I'm not going to ever be 'okay' with it. The more "creative" they get with it, the more it's going to concern me.

Once upon a time, believe it or not, the monthly fee meant no shop. It meant superior quality with nothing being barred from you - period. That fifteen dollars or whatever you paid into the game insured you had unlimited access for months and years to come. Now all the sudden, it doesn't mean a damn thing, except yet another bill.

Now, WoW is still superior to just about(if not outright) any B2P/F2P title. So they get a pass by and large on this subject. That said, it can readily change and probably will one day. I hope not naturally. That said, better to not begin down this road in any measure rather than be sorry; hence the principle behind the matter.

...That said, considering what's been going on as of late, I highly doubt they'd do the proposed action.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-04-17 at 08:18 AM.

Actually, judging by the Legendary Quest Items, like Emberscar, Final Blade of the Firelords, I think the final artifact looks are acquired from a Class Hall Campagin quest, meant to emulate classic legendary quests, minus all the time-consuming parts.

I wish that they would actually use the cash shop for something. Getting tired of a crappy mount every six months and a charity pet once a year.

That said, I think you should be able to earn everything on the shop in game, even if it requires a character cap worth of gold. So since they're doing neither, I dunno how I feel.

I don't think they will do that, especially if Artifact weapons are only going to be for this expansion. However, it wouldn't shock me at all if they don't do something like add it to the cash shop. Really have never liked the idea of a cash shop in a sub game. Those items could be used for rewards from massively long quest chains, Reps, or what have you.

Nope, the main reason being that after Legion is said and done, these skins will become useless and Blizzard can't make money on them after the expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Nope, the main reason being that after Legion is said and done, these skins will become useless and Blizzard can't make money on them after the expansion.
    Says who?

Maybe they will make all artifact skins generic transmogs after legion? You can still do your garrison, for stuff like mounts and pets. Same would be for artifacts. Maybe the ones from Legion won't be usable for character progression, but no one is talking about the looks (= stuff that doesn't makes your character better. Like mounts, pets and toys.)

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Deleted
    If they drop pay-to-play (subscription), then yes. Otherwise, no. Paying a monthly fee should be incentive enough for them to add new content and other visual gimmicks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I don't think they will do that, especially if Artifact weapons are only going to be for this expansion
    That would be again the most waist of dev time, i alrdy cant stand them remove PvP gear every time because it limits transmog.
    If these weapons will just be for Legion then we dont get any weapon transmogs in Legion to play with in the future (for me that is just a waist of money and resources)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It honestly depends on the future of artifacts, really.
    Blizzard stated long time ago, that artifact would only be for Legion. However, things could have changed since then (think it was at blizzcon) but I wouldn't be surprised if it was cosmetic from the shop, like the head armors. So not exactly for artifact, but for any weapon transmog.
    I think it is a ok idea, at least if something cool showed up and a reasonable price, perhaps I would get it. Or it could be a *thank you for being alpha tester* gift, or might even a thing for people showing up at blizzcon.
    Perhaps I like the gift idea better than the shop.
    Or.. It could be something for going to cinema - a bonus thing for the warcraft movie

Deleted
    Not even blizz is that stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    a bonus thing for the warcraft movie
    That is actually a smart idea, to unlock a new skin by going to the movie.
    Smart buisness for the game and the movie.

If they were priced reasonably, like $5 or $10, wouldn't really bother me if they did it. If they pulled the $35 thing again though I'd be a little grumpy.. and would still buy one because there's a druid one in particular I want.

i wouldn't put it past them at this point

It's like no one plays any other game. Cosmetic micro trans are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who the fuck voted yes? hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    It's like no one plays any other game. Cosmetic micro trans are fine.
    You play a lot of subscription games with cosmetic micro transactions? they are only "fine" if you accept them as fine, because you are a toxic consumer who has no semblance of self control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I remember them. WTB Blood Elf Buildings for $25. What about WTB Moose Mount? Im totally buying the ashbringer skin. Sorry, Cashbringer skin. Did you guys here? You can reset your world quests for $2.99 AND get an extra bonus roll on each raid boss for $.99!
    I am so so so so so so happy that the gaming community has finally wised up and has stopped buying these bullshit micro transactions.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I doubt they will be, but it'd be nice to get the presumably awesome skins they're gonna bury behind PVP I will never do.

I personally hope that the best artifact skins are tied to raid achievements. The PVP ones are already through the new honor system so I can easily see artifact skins being rewards for AotC or Cutting Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Who the fuck voted yes? hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

You play a lot of subscription games with cosmetic micro transactions? they are only "fine" if you accept them as fine, because you are a toxic consumer who has no semblance of self control.

- - - Updated - - -

I am so so so so so so happy that the gaming community has finally wised up and has stopped buying these bullshit micro transactions.
    Or I just don't care what other people do with their money. If it brings in more revenue and leads to a better game then why care? They have a cash shop now for pets and mounts. Did those ruin the game?

Personally wouldn't care too much. Depends on how many are on the shop vs in-game.

Off-Topic: Lot of Tinfoil hats being passed out these days...