Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

"Undergearing" Mythic Archimonde

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ar12Zz4GVNyDYMJw/

So we've been extending our raid lock pretty much since we started doing mythic Xhul, which means we're somehow undergeared compared to other guilds progressing on Archie. I know top top guilds did this in way worse gear, so i know this is very much possible, but for example one of the guilds we're competing with, pushed a 0% wipe in 7:56, while our best try at 16% took us 7:32. This probably means we're staring at a 5th wave of infernals. (Except if we have 0 deaths and good rng on infernal spawns etc.)

I'm basically sharing this, if you guys think we're stretching it, and that the boss would be SO much easier if we had 4-5 ilvls more on our players? I would be heartbroken if we kept getting to 2-6% and just felt it was our maximum capability due to our ilvl.
    Other tips are of course also appreciated.

(Mind you the disc priest is a trial).

Your Mages could use some improvement. :^)
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-04-21 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Too much salt

You've sort of left yourself in a bind. You've killed xul / manno once. You'd no doubt benefit from more gear but you're going to die a lot to xul and manno imo.

Bite the bullet and reset and farm some more gear. You can always grab the 12/13 lockout on an alt and go back to archi the week after if you like. And yea, you're mages make some questionable choices (like supernova - eww). Get them to check how other mages play the fight, one of them evocates 15 sec in, why? Lots of little things like that.

You have 3 boomkins + ring and you're still struggling with Infernals. That shouldn't happen so see which infernal waves are give you trouble and plan the boomkin CDs and the ring around those. You have 2 boomkins holding off their 2nd set of CDs and then blowing it on the 2nd set of infernals. That's just wasteful. Either have them use the CDs on the 1st and 4th waves, or if the 3rd wave is what's giving you troubles, have them use them there. I also don't see why all 3 are playing with heirloom trinket instead of SoC (unless you're barely making the 1 doomfire requirement in p1).

As for gear, you have an average ilvl of 735. Sure more gear will always help, but you have some fundamental issues and those are still going to drag you down. In your best try 4 dpsers didn't use a 2nd pot. Some people have less pots than tries, meaning they didn't even use a pre-pot on some tries. Also most people barely use healing tonics (13 people with 4 tonics or less over 27 wipes).
    Last edited by Adramelch; 2016-04-18 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post

So we've been extending our raid lock pretty much since we started doing mythic Xhul, which means we're somehow undergeared compared to other guilds progressing on Archie. I know top top guilds did this in way worse gear, so i know this is very much possible,
    This has to be the dumbest idea ever. Yes top guilds did it but you are not even a scrub 1000 guild, you need all the gear you can get to make up for your lack of skill.

Deleted
    Well, I don't think that 3- iLevels make a huge difference on this fight, to be honest. You should be able to kill him before/right when the 5th set of infernals spawn, if you play decent until then, but you haven't once gotten over the 4th set yet. We had 3 iLevels more than you guys and killed him on a very bad try (lots of unnecessary deaths in early stages) with the 5th set of Infernals just going off (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done).

You are more than 200 tries into progression and are not close to killing him in my opinion. In the last ~90 tries you had 2(!!!) decent ones that went to ~20% (this is the "hardest" part of the last phase with Stars + Infernals + Seething Corruption right after). If you cannot get there reliably after 200+ tries and a lot of tries end in p2/very early p3 still, then I don't think you'll make it soon.

A little bit of gear migh help, but I don't think it is what is holding you back. So I would make the decision based on whether you are still making progress on Archimonde or have "hit a wall".

Your issue is overall lack of damage, and you've chosen to go for the 1 doomfire strategy. That's just dumb.
    You need to consider doing P1 with 2x doomfires instead of 1x, and saving bloodlust for P3 if you're looking at a fifth infernal wave. You don't want to deal with that wave. Surviving it is harder than absolutely anything in the fight, even doing all 3x doomfires. If you can manage to beat the fifth infernal wave without lust, that's good, but if it becomes a concern, consider switching. It'll also make infernals easier because you can lust one set of 4x, and ring another set of 4x, to simplify the last phase greatly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Your issue is overall lack of damage, and you've chosen to go for the 1 doomfire strategy. That's just dumb.
    You need to consider doing P1 with 2x doomfires instead of 1x, and saving bloodlust for P3 if you're looking at a fifth infernal wave. You don't want to deal with that wave. Surviving it is harder than absolutely anything in the fight, even doing all 3x doomfires. If you can manage to beat the fifth infernal wave without lust, that's good, but if it becomes a concern, consider switching. It'll also make infernals easier because you can lust one set of 4x, and ring another set of 4x, to simplify the last phase greatly.
    Most of their tries end in phase 2 /early phse 3 though, and I would not advise them to make phase 2 harder (which it is with more soakers etc.) and you have got to manage early phase 3 without BL anyway. I wouldn't even say that they struggle with the 4th set of Infernals yet, because they only got there once so far. The last phase is all about playing it calm and focussed, so experience goes a long way here.

If Archimonde is around 15% when the 4th set on Ifnernals goes down and your raid is still up (minus 1-2 players), it is a kill. We had him at ~13% after that set with 4 DPS dead and still killed him.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Every DPS should be 70+ here at this ilvl. Some people are really far from that. Shamans should not be at the top. Definitely not ahead of rogues, mages, and warlocks.

there's no reason to extend, you should be able to clear to arch in less than one raid night and get significant needed upgrades. consider even skipping the first 6 bosses, unless people need tier helm/legs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only thing worth getting is the achievement and titles and both mounts gearwise not worth it seeing as first zone in legion will replace it all.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

The warlock is basically single targetting everything, I think this is a problem for himself and the group.

It's easy to use soul swap to send them to the deathcaller and overfiend. Hell even the infernals, I'm usually the top 3 or 4 for infernal damage as an affliction warlock. We can swap just find, just stock up on shards when they come out and swap all 3 dots to each one. With the class trinket we have infinite shards basically so it really shouldn't be a problem. Also you don't even have to refresh the dots because the infernals die before they fall off anyways so just apply and drain soul ones with the most health or ones about to die for free shards.
    Last edited by Redsoldier06; 2016-04-19 at 03:05 AM.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Deleted
    In the 16% wipe one of your mages is using 5crystals but only 4 arcane powers and 3 evocations + using blazing speed while the other mage is using Pc+AP 3 times within 7m+ minutes thats just one whole wasted set of CD´s - imo people like this shouldn´t kill Archimonde.

Like other's have said your mages are subpar, especially that Sonic guy. Feral druid and Enh should never beat boomkins, rogues, mages, hunters and aff locks. Yet they consistently do. Looking over all the wipes it seems classes that do the best on archi are doing the worst on your pulls. You need to look into replacing them and if thats not an option, tell them too learn their class better, go over logs, watch VoDs etc.

Regarding the Lockout. I suggest taking one, maybe even 2 weeks to full clear and get everyone a bit more gear. You had a 16% wipe so you are almost there, a bit more gear should push you over the top. You can easily kill it now but don't want to sound like an asshole you probably don't have have the skill, which can be compensated by gear.

We killed this boss last night. About two month ago I could have extended the fight but for a 2 nights raiding guild with severe recruitment shortage we had plenty of issues.

contemplated doing 1 doomfire strat with:

2 shadows priests
    4 shamans elementals
    2 mages
    2 hunts
    rest: melee
    priest druid monk heal.

There was just not enough burst so I decided to
    1: get a couple of reset of gear to get some of those trinkets/gear missing: 3 to 5 ilvl extra for 15 dps is noticeable at our level, trust me.

2:Tried 2 doom fire for a couple of reset following Dracos posts and others. did not work well.

When we tried one doomfire BEFORE getting the extra gear, we managed 1 doomfire 20% of the time and got to final phase rather quickly. After the extra gear we got the one doom fire 90% of the time. Thereafter It was just a matter of having people to do more trys and test the final phase.

final phase is about two things:
    spread dps: who dps what infernal. no one should slack or dps the wrong shit.
    keep your dps CDs for infernals. we used no CD for first 2, rings for third wave with no 3min/5mn CD, all CDs+pot for final wave. => boss folded.

Deleted
    Aside from your dps being quite low, another thing i noticed is that your healers are barely dpsing at pull (mainly disc and pala). Theres almost nothing to heal there anyway and if you want to push dps they should really be dpsing. A disc priest with mindbender and PI can do about 50k dps on pull. I see your disc is using Solace but he might aswell swich to mindbender, as he cant even keep solace on cd at all and is just gimping himself.

Anyway about the lockout, i dont really see a reason to rush on gettin Archi unless you really want to get everyone the mount asap before Legion and maybe also have time to sell some after. Theres so much time before Legion, since people are underperforming, gear wont help you much. But it looks like you been on Archi for a month now? Its going to wear people out pushing so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have the gear to kill it, yes. Another week of farming Xhul and Mannoroth isn't going to help that much.

Guilds like this should not be lusting on pull. Use it to get through the part of the encounter that you haven't been able to crack (voidstars/infernals/seething corruption). With DPS like that you're really going to want it in p3 to help with boss HP.

If the lock is going to do that DPS as Affliction he might as well play Destruction. He'll probably net similar overall but at least his damage will be going into priority targets. Using glyph of Havoc he should top Infernal Damage. Boomkins should also be very high on Infernal damage and Hunters have been known to do quite well there. Those players should step it up when it matters most.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2016-04-19 at 08:14 AM.

Stop extending the lock out. It clearly shows that you need the gear. The "guilds did it with less gear!" argument is never a valid one. Sure, they did. What people forget is that those people play this game like it's their fucking jobs. Everyone in the raid was fully focused and ready to go, they had a drive that a very large majority don't have. They put more attempts on a boss in 2 weeks than most guilds will over a year.

Either over gear it, or open the recruitment gates.
    Last edited by Boathouse; 2016-04-19 at 08:17 AM.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Anyway about the lockout, i dont really see a reason to rush on gettin Archi unless you really want to get everyone the mount asap before Legion and maybe also have time to sell some after.
    There's 19 weeks left until launch probably 13-15 left until 7.0 so they're not getting the mount on everyone anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    The "guilds did it with less gear!" argument is never a valid one. Sure, they did. What people forget is that those people play this game like it's their fucking jobs.
    Talk about exaggerating. At least 400ish guilds killed him with less gear (possibly a couple hundred more).

Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Ar12Zz4GVNyDYMJw/

So we've been extending our raid lock pretty much since we started doing mythic Xhul, which means we're somehow undergeared compared to other guilds progressing on Archie. I know top top guilds did this in way worse gear, so i know this is very much possible, but for example one of the guilds we're competing with, pushed a 0% wipe in 7:56, while our best try at 16% took us 7:32. This probably means we're staring at a 5th wave of infernals. (Except if we have 0 deaths and good rng on infernal spawns etc.)

I'm basically sharing this, if you guys think we're stretching it, and that the boss would be SO much easier if we had 4-5 ilvls more on our players? I would be heartbroken if we kept getting to 2-6% and just felt it was our maximum capability due to our ilvl.
    Other tips are of course also appreciated.

(Mind you the disc priest is a trial).
    DO you push p1 with 1 doomfire? If so your gear is fine. But why extend? You can start at mannoroth! and you ca pick what bosses you wanna kill in upper. havent any1 of you done the Qs?