Poll: August 30 release date is...

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All other things being equal, obviously every WoW player would prefer to have it sooner rather than later. Voting for "later than I would have liked" doesn't mean "the hype has died".

I hate these bullshit polls with little opinions inserted into the options. Have some dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    the line "I would rather them take their time" is nonsense.
    Care to elaborate why you feel that way? We can already see from the Alpha streams that the game is currently still in a pretty unfinished, unpolished state... I really doubt Blizzard has the manpower to just go, "Well shit, looks like people are unhappy about our release date, better go ahead and take all of these people off {x project} and have them work triple overtime on WoW to make sure it meets whatever timeline the fans' arbitrarily feel is most convenient for them!" That's not how this works. They've probably already tapped all their resources on WoW for exactly the reasons I just spent the last post explaining. WoW is out to the pasture -- but while it's out there I don't think it's a good idea to pressure a company that already clearly doesn't give too many fucks about its playerbase into making decisions which would further negatively impact the people who play the game.

Color me surprised, I honestly thought september or early october for release. Anyway assuming the game is polished/ not rushed, mostly complete and the launch goes much better than the abomination that was WOD, then yea for August 30th.

I would also assume that this mean Alpha test = beta test when it comes to blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    Wait what? They lost 1/2 their playerbase a year ago. They've certainly lost more since. They are hurting, and yet what have we won? Nothing.
    Then we let it die, and if there is demand for a MMO, someone else will fill it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Care to elaborate why you feel that way? We can already see from the Alpha streams that the game is currently still in a pretty unfinished, unpolished state... I really doubt Blizzard has the manpower to just go, "Well shit, looks like people are unhappy about our release date, better go ahead and take all of these people off {x project} and have them work triple overtime on WoW to make sure it meets whatever timeline the fans' arbitrarily feel is most convenient for them!" That's not how this works. They've probably already tapped all their resources on WoW for exactly the reasons I just spent the last post explaining. WoW is out to the pasture -- but while it's out there I don't think it's a good idea to pressure a company that already clearly doesn't give too many fucks about its playerbase into making decisions which would further negatively impact the people who play the game.
    They should do crunch time, whomever handles operations at that company should be fired and replaced with someone else. There's a huge reason they aren't releasing sub numbers, and it's because they don't want Investors to see. Any smart investors are going to look at that and think the company is being Dishonest, and it will hurt their rating in the market. Shame it won't hurt as much as it should. It is silly to expect the only two options are slow and good or fast and bad. If they actually tried, I am sure they could do fast and good. they just suck. And if we continue to tell them "Hey, it's okay, take your time" They won't learn. I don't mind not paying my sub until it comes out, or freezing my account, but some folks who pay by the 6 months, may be a little peeved.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Then we let it die, and if there is demand for a MMO, someone else will fill it.
    Ok you go ahead and let it die. Now you have nothing to be upset about. Meanwhile I'm gonna continue to test raid bosses in beta with my guild, and play other games until legion launches.

Quite disappointed really. They need to shut their god damn mouths and stop telling us that content will be out quicker than ever before and that they have the largest development team in ages. Just stop making ludicrous comments and get back to work. =/
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Wait wait wait WoD will be a 21-22 month expansion (Thats almost 2 years kiddos) but we only got 1 major content patch and 2 raid tiers. Yeah Blizzard can FUCK themselves. What the fuck have they been doing 6.2 will be almost 15 months old when legion comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Quite disappointed really. They need to shut their god damn mouths and stop telling us that content will be out quicker than ever before and that they have the largest development team in ages. Just stop making ludicrous comments and get back to work. =/
    They took all the good developers and put them on Overwatch, Diablo, and SC. Warcraft was left to the interns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Wait wait wait WoD will be a 21-22 month expansion (Thats almost 2 years kiddos) but we only got 1 major content patch and 2 raid tiers. Yeah Blizzard can FUCK themselves. What the fuck have they been doing 6.2 will be almost 15 months old when legion comes out.
    idk, they fucking gave up on WoD halfway through development. I mean, fuck... If it's that hard to make warcraft look this graphically good. Then scratch the game and put out a new engine that's easier to work on.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a damn when it comes out. I NEED the prepatch, my bags are dying from all the transmogs I'm hoarding. Please Blizzard help me from myself!!!!!

Batshit crazy hoarder whine aside, does anyone know if the Demon Hunter will be available to play in WoD content before legion or just the starting experience? Doing HFC as a DH while it's current would convince me to re-sub for the whole prepatch duration.

They took all the good developers and put them on Overwatch, Diablo, and SC. Warcraft was left to the interns.
    That honestly wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What the fuck else would you like for them to do? Release a half-assed product that's broken on launch, miserable to play, buggy and generally viewed in a poor light? I'm not defending Blizzard but I'd rather get a complete product after a content drought than some rushed bullshit because a couple outraged "long standing customers" couldn't cope with another 2 months of farming the same shitty instance.
    WoD. Blizz took their sweet ass time with it and look what happened. With or without time constraints, they aren't giving us a whole lot of content. And to add insult to injury, they leave us with content droughts that last anywhere between 10 months and a little over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by crejack View Post
    What's the point in being bothered? What did getting bothered in ICC, DS, SoO get you? Nothing. What is getting bothered by HFC getting you? Nothing. If your not enjoying yourself, don't pay blizzard your money. If you are, then what's the problem? I'm not paying blizzard my money, so I have nothing to be bothered about. They are the only one losing here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teranzil View Post
    It isn't the be all and end all quite simply. I play other games if i'm feeling burnt out or not enjoying WoW. No one is bound to Blizzard or their games, or any company. You do have a choice in the matter. I appreciate that people get frustrated by a lack of content, but no one is forcing you to do HFC for 14 months. I hate to be the guy that says 'It's just a game' but it is and games are there for your entertainment. If you aren't entertained, simply walk away and do something else with your free time. I mean no disrespect either, It's just how I feel personally
    I'm not currently subbed. Once I complete the content, if nothing else get's added I get bored and just play other games. So I don't stick around WoW all the time. But, I am a customer and a fan of the game. I simply don't like this whole lack of transparency thing they have going on.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2016-04-19 at 03:02 AM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Im tired of these ICC,DS,SoO arguments. They are not the same fucking thing at all. Look at Wrath,Cata and especially MoP they all had more content patches in them than WoD. WoD will be an almost 22 months expac with 1 fucking patch...I defended Blizzard when it came to private servers but this is just ridiculous

I was thinking about the launch date and Sept 1st was in my head. What sucks is that I believe my College classes startup on the 29th of August. I guess I can just move on and not really play this game anymore. Not even sure I'll give a shit about Azeroth after another 4 goddamn months of HFC. I'm bummed. I have Beta and was thinking about testing out the DH but there's little reason too now. I guess my uncertainty about playing Legion is over at least. We'll see though. 4 months is a long way away. Legion is probably going to be boring anyway.

Would have preferred late July myself,but i don't mind waiting an extra month.

august 30th...

it probably means beta will (if it ever starts) end around the 2nd week of July at the very latest... unless they are planning on burning the final copy and patch the day of release, which is not unheard of

10+ Year Old Account
    Release date works nicely for me. I enjoy most of my summer and break into fall playing new expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Aye. It's as if people think the game is designed around playing it 3+ hours every single day.
    I've been unsubbed since last October or so. I still think it's bullshit that even when the expansion is rushed and lacking content, we STILL have to wait 12+ months for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    - 14 months of HFC sucks, if you're still raiding.
    At least we should be able to get archi mounts for everyone in the team with this release date.

And end tier lasting a year is a thing since at least ICC. The only thing that really sucked in WOD for raiders was lack of the mid raid tier, we only get 2 tiers. WOTLK had even 4.

So another rushed expansion full train ahead?

If we assume prepatch is around for 1 month it leaves 3 months of development, looks awfully short time to polish stuff
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2016-04-19 at 04:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    So another rushed expansion full train ahead?

If we assume prepatch is around for 1 month it leaves 3 months of development, looks awfully short time to polish stuff
    We'll get a patch in november similar to 6.1 and hotfixes in between that'll fix all the crap that will be broken at launch. I wouldn't be suprised if they haven't already half abandoned this expac to start working on 8.0 expac.