Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    If its an alt run to gear ppls alt and some1 comes on main, then its fair game.
    when we did alt runs, ppl were free to come on mains, but mains wouldt get prio unless it was WF/socket weapon or trinkets that was an upgrade for said main.

Also, i REEEEEALLY hope they will make it so we can see if an tier will give WF or socket, will make life as raidleader/Masterloot so much easier
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Also, i REEEEEALLY hope they will make it so we can see if an tier will give WF or socket, will make life as raidleader/Masterloot so much easier
    But... but.. random is fun! Right?

(I hate this mantra of Blizzard's... random is not fun, but they're convinced it is.)

I don't get how people could say: "Oh if it is an alt run, loot should go to alts because it is their run afterall."

Have you ever ran a raiding guild? Ever? Maybe been in one?

The best loot (e.g. upgrades) should always 100% of the time go to the raider part of the guild. If a main is there to keep the flow going during an alt run (to not have too many hickups and wipes) it is only logical to shower that main raider with loot.

There are a few exceptions though:
    1. the raider him/herself stated that he/she wouldn't need any loot or wouldn't need any priority. Though if there were upgrades and I was GM of that guild, I would FORCE the potential upgrades on that raider. Progress is everything.
    2. the guild isn't a raiding guild and alts and mains have equal rights

To say anything else is counterproductive to the survival (yes survival) and progress of that guild. Loot holds the key to progress more smoothly. If the alt people are so backwards that they feel they have priority over a main raider, I would kick them. What an attitude...

7+ Year Old Account
    If you're bringing alts for the purpose of it being an alt run, the loot should go to the alt if it's an upgrade. That's how I would do it anyway.

If you're carrying the alts, then wouldn't you have already done a main run? That's where you should be rolling on WF/sockets. The two don't mix very well

Quote Originally Posted by Laronda View Post
    If you're carrying the alts, then wouldn't you have already done a main run? That's where you should be rolling on WF/sockets. The two don't mix very well
    Sometimes the raider was unavailable during the main raid. Sick, birthdays of parents... hospital issues - house burned down etc
    So an "alt run" is a good "this week didn't go to waste"-type of thing for the main. If the guild is anything serious... the alts should really be happy that the main is there and shower him/her with loot.

Though even though I was GM of a hardcore guild I would not say the following:
    If the alts didn't need the main - at all - and the main took the slot of another alt (the player of that alt being unhappy with it), then no I wouldn't feel the main should have priority. In all honesty I would then rule that the alt should go instead of the main. The main had issues with attendance that week? That is on him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I don't get how people could say: "Oh if it is an alt run, loot should go to alts because it is their run afterall."

Have you ever ran a raiding guild? Ever? Maybe been in one?

The best loot (e.g. upgrades) should always 100% of the time go to the raider part of the guild. If a main is there to keep the flow going during an alt run (to not have too many hickups and wipes) it is only logical to shower that main raider with loot.

There are a few exceptions though:
    1. the raider him/herself stated that he/she wouldn't need any loot or wouldn't need any priority. Though if there were upgrades and I was GM of that guild, I would FORCE the potential upgrades on that raider. Progress is everything.
    2. the guild isn't a raiding guild and alts and mains have equal rights

To say anything else is counterproductive to the survival (yes survival) and progress of that guild. Loot holds the key to progress more smoothly. If the alt people are so backwards that they feel they have priority over a main raider, I would kick them. What an attitude...
    You're quite clearly misreading the OP though. Noone said "a warforged weapon drops and it's an upgrade for a main and an alt, what do you do". He's talking very specifically about tier pieces where the main wants to take the token for the chance at warforged/socket and the alt doesn't have that tier piece in the first place. For me it's quite clear it should go to the alt.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Sometimes the raider was unavailable during the main raid. Sick, birthdays of parents... hospital issues - house burned down etc
    So an "alt run" is a good "this week didn't go to waste"-type of thing for the main. If the guild is anything serious... the alts should really be happy that the main is there and shower him/her with loot.
    Didn't really think about that, good point. I guess it would ultimately come down to the main intent of the guild, as others have said.

If they are serious about progression, there should be no argument that an upgrade for a main should be priority. The only exception I would see is if they are gearing an alt specifically the encounter they are progressing on

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    You're quite clearly misreading the OP though. Noone said "a warforged weapon drops and it's an upgrade for a main and an alt, what do you do". He's talking very specifically about tier pieces where the main wants to take the token for the chance at warforged/socket and the alt doesn't have that tier piece in the first place. For me it's quite clear it should go to the alt.
    Oh I feel dumb now... I agree with you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon12dk View Post
    Currently we have a bit of a split in guild HFC HC alt runs, if a main rolls on a tier piece of Warforged and a alt rolls on the piece for Main spec major upgrade. what's the actual best rule to best cover both parties here? we game the loot to the alt.
    If you main only needs to tier piece in hope for the Warforged, but the other one is an alt of an already active main in the team, it should go to the main in hope of WF.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

if it's just wf/socket rng, give it to the alts, the chance of wf/socket is shit anyway.

Deleted
    If someone brings a Main to an ALT run and expects gear priority over the alts, their asshats

/roll is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    If that is the situation then it should go to the alt as it is only at best a possible upgrade for the main. In my guild hat is considered a side grade so those that need it, meaning don't have the tier, roll first and if no one needs it then anyone who can roll on it then can for a possible upgrade.
    But if a main needs it to complete thier tier they sure in hell better get it before an alt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alasio View Post
    If someone brings a Main to an ALT run and expects gear priority over the alts, their asshats

/roll is the way to go
    If it is a truely needed piece of gear say tier piece, bis trinket or class trinket then the main should get it before an alt. But only if truely needed not a war forged or socketed or chance at either. An alt is an asshat if they take a say a tier that makes a set for main

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    If that is the situation then it should go to the alt as it is only at best a possible upgrade for the main. In my guild hat is considered a side grade so those that need it, meaning don't have the tier, roll first and if no one needs it then anyone who can roll on it then can for a possible upgrade.
    But if a main needs it to complete thier tier they sure in hell better get it before an alt
    Well yeah exactly. Even if it's a stat upgrade for the main (ie same ilvl, better itemization), I would give it to the main over the alt. But giving tiers to mains for the small chance at WF/Socket, over an alt for whom the piece will be an upgrade seems daft at best.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon12dk View Post
    Currently we have a bit of a split in guild HFC HC alt runs, if a main rolls on a tier piece of Warforged and a alt rolls on the piece for Main spec major upgrade. what's the actual best rule to best cover both parties here? we game the loot to the alt.
    alt runs are for alts. if you bring a main it is to gear someone else alt.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP