Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    expansion with less content and less patches stays for 2 years ..

What are the devs doing?

Deleted
    The Legion Returns August 30
    Legion will release on August 30, 2016!*
    (*please note, this is an early access title)

/fixed

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    expansion with less content and less patches stays for 2 years ..

What are the devs doing?
    Working on cash shop and overwatch

Deleted
    They increased the team size, yeah... but that could increase could just be the art team... The Expansions always LOOKED good, but the quality was dropping and so where the sub numbers.

Old team size: 50, 30 devs, 20 artists
    New team size: 100, 35 devs, 65 artists

With that new and bigger than ever team, you still can do anything faster... you can just make more pretty stuff (see: Character Models, Shop, Animations)

Wohoo! Enough time to get all my chars to 100 without rushing it :3

Anyway - if I think back about the current expansion, it feels as bad as cataclysm felt back then. The xpac itself like cata is storywise ok, content too, but it really doesn't feel anything special.

I never played vanilla, but clearly remember BC (everything was new and awesome then, but I quit playing, because I couldn't do raiding time wise and only pvp was boring), Wotlk (best xpac IMHO) and MoP (yeah, that xpac was awesome storywise, the quite different and beautiful art, the new and different mobs, the music... if just the ppl weren't so pissed about the pandaren). Cata was really nice and the whole overhaul for the world was really needed... but it didn't "feel" good. Hard to put in words why....

Same with WoD ... it misses something I felt after the other xpacs.

Let's hope for World of Diablo: Legion :P

Best thing I read about that, is that they try to get the questing right and rewarding, so you won't feel missing gear / out, if you want to follow the storyline/questing. That's what I hated about ever xpac so far. Do the map/quests and some random instances to get a bit of change in between, and bam > too high for the other quests > start a new map.

Personally I don't care about the wait time. I still have enough to do and there are other things outside wow that keep me busy. Like Overwatch etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Cata was really nice and the whole overhaul for the world was really needed... but it didn't "feel" good. Hard to put in words why....
    The overhaul was awful and really just deleted the old story from the game. Now you can only experience it in other realms Imo Cata was even worse than MoP.. even though I didn't like where the whole WoW Lore goes since then.

Deleted
    On August 30 i´ll still be on vacation . On the positive side my main will not get stucked on launch day and i´ll not have to wait 2 weeks for Blizz to unstuck it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    4 more months of WoD? Ouch.

Sorry for expecting quality in return for our money.
    Well I guess, we will have some weeks of Pre-Events, so it could be only half the time. I wonder if Rukhmar will finally drop its mount for me til then. Well, let's see what will come then. I cannot wait to get the new wardrobe, but at the same time, I dread the next wave of pruning. I hate losing abilities without any reason. NO, their reasons are not valid in my opinion, they have been smoking some bad shit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Is that how thieves respond to getting their stolen server shut down? I would rather not associate with criminals. I am glad that Nost was shut down and that thieves are making the right choice of staying away from real WoW.

Just so thieving kids know, being criminals does not make you Han Solo junior.
    Oh joy, another one of those moral warriors. I think if you alt+tab a couple of times to your Bittorrent client, im sure a download of the latest Justin Bieber album has finished. You can thank me later..

Deleted
    i dont mind the release date as much as some people it seems. They should allow the prepatch to come sooner though imo. Give people something to do. Maybe two months before release even.

Also i'm not normally one of the last chance people but if blizzard releases 2-3 two month patches and 1 14 month patch again i'm out. Its disturbingly stupid to me. THere is literally no reason Highmaul or BRF couldnt have lasted longer

Woohoo!

Totally excited for Legion, hopefully the actual launch day will be more successful then WoD.

Still having fun chilling in WoD, it was a great expansion for me and friends -old and the new ones I met through WoD -and whilst most Guildies/Raiders have taken a hiatus I know every one of them is totally amped to return for Legion and any pre expansion content.

I like the avenues they're adding in Legion, hopefully it will deliver a more rewarding experience to those without Raiding guilds around them.

Bring it on !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    i dont mind the release date as much as some people it seems. They should allow the prepatch to come sooner though imo. Give people something to do. Maybe two months before release even.

Also i'm not normally one of the last chance people but if blizzard releases 2-3 two month patches and 1 14 month patch again i'm out. Its disturbingly stupid to me. THere is literally no reason Highmaul or BRF couldnt have lasted longer
    the release date is most likely for the prepatch. 7.0 is technical Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    the release date is most likely for the prepatch. 7.0 is technical Legion.
    What gave you that idea?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They must have some horrendous project management problems when they can't have people working on both current expansion patch content and the next expansion at the same time.
    Especially with so many new people who should be finished with their training for a long time already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    What gave you that idea?
    State of the Alpha? Mostly with the classes, there are still a lot if issues to be addressed. And the prepatch will bring the new talents/abilities so they need to be fully working. So too needs the demon hunter start area.
    So these things would need to be done in less than 2-3 months.

And as they said: Order Halls not even fully done yet, the system needs to be finished and tested, Raid testing, dungeon testing, all not yet finished. You think they can handle most of that in 4 months? Don't think so.

Prepatch hits 30.08.2016, Legion content arrives at 21.09.2016...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Especially with so many new people who should be finished with their training for a long time already.
    They never said if all those new people are not just artists, or in what sub teams they put more people.
    They can double the amount of people who do animations, claim that have a bigger team and still don't get anything done except new animations.

Deleted
    From the point of a customer a pathetic move from Blizzard - from the point of the businessperson a very smart one, clever profit maximization.

They know some will rage/cry/complain and maybe unsubscribe but subscribe again. The weakness of humanity shines strong in the WoW comunity. Raging/crying/complaining but not taking consequences or action to change and just resigning to there „fate“.

Deleted
    Warlords of Drought for USD 9.99 ... come get some

10+ Year Old Account
    WoD, it's horrible launch, it's two weeks of cue's, and the extreme let down I found it was in general is making me have a hard time being exited for Legion at all. They've hyped up WoD so much in how savage, really savage, very savage, savagisticly savage it would be and look at what it eventually became hehe.

No pre-order this time, and I'll even wait till the first patch or so. See what the general opinion is and then maybe I'll pick it up on a serial site when it's around € 30,-.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Yes, it's very unfair that these crybabies constantly complain about something they're paying for.... Oh wait, no.. that's called consumer's rights and freedom of speech...

I think I'll hold off on watching the WoW movie til August 30.. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Just an FYI boycottwarcraft.com is available... just saying.
    Yeah the right to complain like little #%@^* when things don't go their way.

Good luck your boycott. We all know how well those always turn out lmao.
    Last edited by Linkhyrule; 2016-04-19 at 09:47 AM.

You think you want faster patches, but you don't!