Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    tax credits don't really matter when you find yourself coming up short for the monthly rent or your grocery bill or can't afford that car work because oops you had to pay for insurance instead. try paying for it in tax credits see what they say.
    Stop trying to live beyond what you can afford and problem is solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    Stop trying to live beyond what you can afford and problem is solved.
    such an ignorant comment. i guess we should all just starve to death and live in cardboard boxes because de thoung says eating food and having shelter is living beyond our means.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

such an ignorant comment. i guess we should all just starve to death because de thoung says eating food is living beyond our means.
    You live in a wealthy country and you probably have much more than I do in pay and I don't starve if I eat cut out things I don't need.

10+ Year Old Account
    You live in a wealthy country and you probably have much more than I do in pay and I don't starve if I eat cut out things I don't need.
    clearly that means it's ok if poor people in first world country starve and don't have shelter.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

clearly that means it's ok if poor people in first world country starve and don't have shelter.
    You have to not try to better your position if you are starving in a first world country and reject help.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to not try to better your position if you are starving in a first world country and reject help.
    it's like you didn't even read the first post....

it's like you didn't even read the first post....
    It's not possible to starve in a first world country.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not possible to starve in a first world country.
    <snickers> yes it is. people get kicked out of homeless shelters all the time. WHO ARE ALREADY HOMELESS AND STARVING. you ever see people in the streets begging for food in the states? it's not uncommon. but of course vietnam's poor are more important than the u.s.'s poor people.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-04-19 at 06:00 AM.

<snickers> yes it is. people get kicked out of homeless shelters all the time. WHO ARE ALREADY HOMELESS AND STARVING. you ever see people in the streets begging for food in the states? it's not uncommon. but of course vietnam's poor are more important than the u.s.'s poor people.
    No it isn't. You have to not be willing to work for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it isn't. You have to not be willing to work for that.
    your ignorance is showing again. because clearly all those people who work 2-3 jobs and can barely afford rent and other living expenses are just too fucking lazy.

your ignorance is showing again. because clearly all those people who work 2-3 jobs and can barely afford rent and other living expenses are just too fucking lazy.
    They're living beyond what they can afford if they have problems.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2016-04-19 at 06:21 AM.

Deleted
    Do I get a beating from fines and bills?

Nope. I live in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why don't you act like a responsible adult and get health insurance. Or are you just going to claim bankruptcy if you get into an accident or are diagnosed with a serious illness?

Irresponsible. Grow up.
    This is the rational response. All others are by turns foolish or transitory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    I have two untreated abdominal hernias, a neurological problem that's affecting my vision, and a worsening respiratory illness that I've been trying my best to ignore for months now.

I have group health insurance through my employer. I pay about $5,000 a year in premiums. I continue to forego medical care for myself because my family needs to have food and a place to live -- I would need to spend over $10,000 out of pocket before my deductible would be satisfied, at which point we'd be beyond broke. At some point my health will worsen to the point that I can no longer provide for my family, but doing something about my declining health now would bankrupt us immediately.

Being insured in the U.S. doesn't equal access to care. Oftentimes it just equals more money going to insurance companies.

These people are not interested in facts, they are only interested in emotion based logic. They believe what they FEEL is right. I understand that they mean well, because I used to think like em. Then reality hits you right in the fucking face as you start growing up and having a life outside of your parents care and money.

Everyone when they are young thinks they are the smartest fucking guy in the room. Tip for ya, you are not and you will learn that you are way wrong about a lot of shit as you grow up. This is why old people are so mean and cynical. Because reality has taught them that everything they wanted to believe is not true. That 2 political parties brainwashed them on so much shit. So you grow old and bitter.....and wiser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    You'd wish you had 10 - 20 years of 300$ a month with no visible results when that happens. God forbid that happens to anyone here, but statistically, 20-30 million people are injured or disabled every year in car accidents.
    I do. I totally do.

But we aren't talking about that. We aren't talking about people who can afford $300 a month, for 10-20 years.

We're talking about people who can afford it for one or two months, and decide not to, because one or two months is the same cost as the fee, AND still get the fee.

Honestly, if someone can afford ACA year round, they probably work at a job that they make enough that the company provides health insurance anyway.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Should have applied, get approved or denied and get the exemption code. Would have saved you the entire fine I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    I believe fining someone for not being able to afford something is ridiculous. How is someone supposed to make progress if you keep taking their money??
    If you are denied or can't afford it, you are eligible for exemption. The key step here to avoiding the fine is actually applying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So you couldn't afford work on your teeth due to having to pay a fine for not having insurance?

Surely getting insurance would solve both of those problems and be cheaper than either?
    Would cost about 9 times more than the fine by the time I meet payments and deductible.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Would cost about 9 times more than the fine by the time I meet payments and deductible.
    Are you planning to be uninsured for more than 9 years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Why didn't you get health insurance?
    because paying the fine is way cheaper than insurance?

- - - Updated - - -

There are many programs to help homeless people out, sadly most are drunks or drug addicts who don't want help

Deleted
    More likely the help is total rubbish and more of a benefit for those running the schemes.