Poll: How much would you really pay for a Classic server?

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sury View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the figure was 150k active players. These would be the potential candidates for selling access to a Vanilla server with a subscription fee. I would concede there would surely be a larger pool than those 150k players but 1.5m? I just do not see that many people being interesting in paying to play on a legacy server. Pure speculation on my part but it is also pure speculation on your part as well. This all boils down to conjecture at this point. Several million players seem unrealistic to me.
    My apologies, I got my numbers mixed up. Was meant to say 800k, yet got 1.5 million cross-wired from another statistic I was looking up, and then went on from there.

In any case, it's an arbitrary number just using Nostalrius as an anchor point to show that, yes, there are a lot of people who are ready and willing to play Vanilla again.

Are you talking an extra sub fee on top of normal WoW or just a normal WoW sub gets legacy servers? If it's an extra fee, unlikely, unless it can be paid with normal server gold. If in normal sub, I already "pay" for that, so no big deal there.

Personally, I want progression servers, not just vanilla/tbc/wrath etc. Playing a single expansion endlessly would lose its fun in time, a server that moved forwards on it own, just at a quicker pace is where it is at. Use EQ's progression servers as a guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the options in the poll abit limited or bad worded.
    They should include the legacy server in their normal 13euro sub.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I almost feel sorry for blizzard. Today is the big launch date announcement and all the buzz is about nost and vanilla.
    Operation Red Wing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I guarantee you alot of the people that say they wouldn't play even if it were free, would. Idk why you guys are so against legacy servers, its extra content....
    It's not extra content. It's development time better spent on the future of the game instead of its past

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    It's not extra content. It's development time better spent on the future of the game instead of its past
    It's already developed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    It's already developed.
    Every future expansion is? And is Legion finished? Didn't think so.
    And if you mean Vanilla, we already talked about 200 pages about it in the other thread.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would if it came with the Vanilla experience, I.E active servers, easy to find a group via LFG channel, etc. Running 5mans in Vanilla was soooo much better than it is today

However I would keep my main sub as raiding is better now than in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    That's under the assumption the focus on legacy servers, would take away from future content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I'd gladly pay more than full price.

Nah requirement have active wow sub should be enough for blizzard.

I would play vanilla server but I wont pay extra for it.

Instead blizzard sueed and scared that private server should talked about system that checks if you got active life wow sub or not. Active wow blizzad account you could play their and of not you can not. Blizzard would still get their monyhtly fee and those fans could still run their thing and players want vanilla could still acces it. This all with out blizzard cost anything.
    Last edited by Az0na; 2016-04-20 at 06:23 AM.

I'd pay $5 a month for Vanilla servers with no outside BOA or gold influence stuff strictly legacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Soooo....1000 pages, 20 000 replies in the thread about Blizzard shutting down that private server. An online petition (that also got linked here) closing in on 200 000 votes.

Yet when it comes to a poll if one would pay for such a server, barely 1500 people care to vote.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Welcome to the Internet.
    Enjoy your stay. It's like this a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    That's under the assumption the focus on legacy servers, would take away from future content.
    And you think it wouldn't? How does that even work? Ghosts will work on Legacy servers? Or Blizzard will clone its employees? If someone is working on Legacy, that someone is not working on fitire content instead. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Soooo....1000 pages, 20 000 replies in the thread about Blizzard shutting down that private server. An online petition (that also got linked here) closing in on 200 000 votes.

Yet when it comes to a poll if one would pay for such a server, barely 1500 people care to vote.
    Because this poll is broken. If you are planning to play on vanilla, yes is divided to 3 option and there is only one No. I don't want to be part of broken poll.

I would definately pay and play.

There was always something to do in vanilla since everything took a lot of time to accomplish. Gathering materials for making an arcanite reaper as a level 60 hunter was something you could do every time you logged on and then when you finally had enough to get it made the sense of accomplishment was awesome. The leveling process took ages and not the one day 1-100 leveling that you can do in todays wow. Crafted gear meant more as you leveled since it would take a lot of time before you outleveled your crafted gear and green and blue gear with extra stats were very rare drops off mobs. Reputation grinds took a lot of time and gave great rewards if you got to exalted.

Point is that every time you logged on you had something to do which would advance your character. Maybe get one bar closer to the next level, gather some materials for crafting or try to get a dungeon run going. It was slow advancement but it was still something that you knew always brought you closer to your next goal.

And yes, I have played on a private server and it was the most fun I've had in wow in years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if they slapped on an extra couple of euro to the sub if that means I could play on a Vanilla realm. I doubt that I will spend much time on it, but to me its a nice addition to kill some time.

That being said, I doubt that they'll ever do it.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

HELLLLLL NO.

As somebody who actually played for almost all of Vanilla's life cycle (Unlike a lot of the people just caught up in the nostalgia boner of what they THOUGHT Vanilla/BC was like), I would pay to STOP from going back to that time now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Awesome! 41% would pay. Nice. Even better.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's make up some numbers based on this poll.

5.5Million active subs.
    41% of them willing to pay something for vanilla.
    Let's lowball and say it is $2 per month.

5.5million * 41% = 2,255,000 millions people willing to pay.
    2,255,000 * $2 = $4,510,000 per month
    41% of mmo champ does not mean 41% of player base.

There are a lot of casual players who don't check reddit or mmo-champ at all.

Most of those players probably would hate to have to do attunements, not having flying, no LFD, no LFR, having to farm mats for consumables for raiding, having to farm gold for ground epic mount, etc. A lot of people have jobs and families and don't have time for that stuff.

A lot of players would also be bored really fast of most of the raiding content being very easy in comparison to current content. I think onyxia 40man was 3 manned at 60. Also people sometimes would die to frost bombs on saph in naxx 40 in world top guilds, most people aren't even that bad in LFR now. The skill of raiding community in wow has improved a lot since vanilla.

So in the end I'd be surprised if even 10% of current wow subs would pay extra to play on vanilla servers. MMO champion does not speak for the whole player base.

Deleted
    I would only play on a Vanilla server if it would be included in my regular sub, and have additional character slots.