Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Destro raid test with logs

Hey fellow lock's I actually managed to do a raid test last night when I didn't have work! Yay. So I was unsure on demo or destro, destro or demo, in the end I went destro now destro hasn't been up for long 5 day's i think and all I had time for was beginning quest and artifact so not had time to farm artifact power for my weapon. But anyway atm I do like destro on beta CB's are pumping out alot but the damage is low compared demo, I have the log's and the awful vid from the raid test for you to look at.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Z1BQvnDqxwhf2Vg6/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqtoVhIhLKk

Ofc there is alot of change's to be done still in beta and maybe once full artifact power destro can pump out higher damage.

Please no rude criticism I had been up for 20 hour's and was tired when doing the testing and messed up a few time's myself:P Just want to show you all the log's from it all <3

Thanks
    Astro

Not to derail this since it's a Destro thread, but looking through the logs...even with Demonbolt the divide between player damage and pet damage in Demonology is pretty crazy.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2016-04-19 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Not to derail this since it's a Destro thread, but looking through the logs...even with Demonbolt the divide between player damage and pet damage in Demonology is pretty crazy.
    Yeah, pretty interesting. Looking at one Demo character, it seems like GrimServ is clocking in at a bit over 7% of damage done. That's a fairly solid amount. I'm also a little surprised that the Fel Imps are the single largest damage source, well ahead of Dreadstalker.

Deleted
    tbf it's a lock thread so demo destro or affli can be spoken, but yes demo damage is superior atmcompared to destro

I started off Demo and was doing pretty decent boss dmg, but as soon as I started swapping off to the adds my dmg dropped pretty fast. Demo feels very weak when it comes to casting pet summons on these adds that could die before you even buff them. I can see the Demo locks in this log just ignored the adds and tunneled the boss.

I swapped to Destro for second half and it worked quite well. I tried havoc for add dmg, but still got beat handily by the Destro using conduit.

I sure hope we end up stacking haste. CB takes 15 years to cast.

Deleted
    crit/haste stacking will be a high QoL change for destro idd, depending how they tune mastery scaling i totally see forgetting mastery as a stat

Quote Originally Posted by astro1988 View Post
    Hey fellow lock's I actually managed to do a raid test last night when I didn't have work! Yay. So I was unsure on demo or destro, destro or demo, in the end I went destro now destro hasn't been up for long 5 day's i think and all I had time for was beginning quest and artifact so not had time to farm artifact power for my weapon. But anyway atm I do like destro on beta CB's are pumping out alot but the damage is low compared demo, I have the log's and the awful vid from the raid test for you to look at.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Z1BQvnDqxwhf2Vg6/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqtoVhIhLKk

Ofc there is alot of change's to be done still in beta and maybe once full artifact power destro can pump out higher damage.

Please no rude criticism I had been up for 20 hour's and was tired when doing the testing and messed up a few time's myself:P Just want to show you all the log's from it all <3

Thanks
    Astro
    If you had lived longer the damage would be closer. Looking at how long you were active most were sub 60% overall 64%.

you should've abused the immolate bug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    If you had lived longer the damage would be closer. Looking at how long you were active most were sub 60% overall 64%.
    Ye i did totally suck when i did this been way to long due to work lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you played pretty poorly, no Shadowburn, no Havoc (encounter with adds too that need to be killed, 0 damage on those), you took Mana Tap but your uptime is meh and your immolate uptime is pretty bad too and you plopped dead earlier than most, of course your damage is subpar - it would be same story in live too with such gameplay.

Hardly a representation of what Destruction can be capable of, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think you played pretty poorly, no Shadowburn, no Havoc (encounter with adds too that need to be killed, 0 damage on those), you took Mana Tap but your uptime is meh and your immolate uptime is pretty bad too and you plopped dead earlier than most, of course your damage is subpar - it would be same story in live too with such gameplay.

Hardly a representation of what Destruction can be capable of, IMO.
    Glad you read his whole post completely.

If you watched the video I saw a few times he was using Havoc.

What is this immolate bug??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Glad you read his whole post completely.
    Don't care about that, we have the log - all it needs to completely understand play was bad. The annoying part is that this whole clickbait will just give false impressions here.

Deleted
    I tested Destro on Tel'arn and consistently placed about 4th or 5th in DPS in a 25man raid. It was slightly weaker than Affliction, but not by much, and with Shadowburn it was easy to be #1 on the priority add damage.

Shadow Priests were top performer in our raid as well, just like on the other recent tests.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-04-19 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Shadow Priests are clearly overtuned now, but it's Alpha... whole numbers are whacked, on top of people not knowing wtf they are doing as well.

That's not even talking about Jewelcrafting crap, you can craft some rings which are so bloody OP that it's ridiculous. I have like 32% crit and 116% mastery as ilvl 808 now just because of rings, I wonder if people in these test raids even have these rings.

As a side not, damage swings with that mastery are frikkin hillarious... you can do something like Chaos Bolt, Shadowburn and Incinerate and have Incinerate actually do more damage of the 3 with a bit of luck. Well, maybe not more than Chaos Bolt, but more than Shadowburn for sure.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-04-20 at 09:07 AM.

Were there affliction logs?

And I assume tuning never happened

10+ Year Old Account
    No tuning so far, they told it will be later on.

I also did some raid testing as destro (on Ursoc mythic) and found it very odd. The mastery is completely fucked up imo, even though it averages out, such rng has no place in mythic raiding. Sometimes Chaos Bolt would do 800k crit, sometimes it would do 400k, same with immolate ticks (played the coflag buffs immolate talent). Immolate seemed to do almost same % of my dmg as Chaos Bolt.

Also tried Shadowburn, but the rotation lacked flow, it seemed relatively boring. Perma havoc with talents is gonna be godly for 2 or 3 target fights, no big instant aoe like F&B on live sucks, best you can do is Rain of Fire and hope the tank doesn't have to move, else you just wasted 3 shards for nothing at all. Not sure if Channel Demonfire should yield higher DPS on average than Soul Conduit, but as of right now on alpha, it cannot compete except maybe for some casual leveling.

Also quite unsure about Eradication vs Soul Harvest, right now it seems to me that Eradication is the winner in almost any situation, except maybe if you need extreme burst on pull (rare cases).

Reverse Entropy makes the rotation way smoother as you don't have to tap at all and it doesn't feel like eternity casting a Chaos Bolt even with low haste. Though it's not trivial to decide between RE and Mana Tap. Would be interesting to see how many targets actually have to be stacked up for the new F&B to be worth taking, because it FEELS like Incinerate itself does relatively low damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe right now Reverse Entropy is mandatory if you take Soul Conduit and Eradication, the 0.5 cast time reduction on CB allows to squeeze two Chaos Bolts and two Shadowburns during Havoc. Also it allows you to squeeze one extra short cast time spell together with Chaos Bolt refresh of Eradication.

Not even talking about all the taps and gcds saved compared to pretty shitty Mana Tap.

Funny thing, while testing the difference between Mana tap and no mana tap.... My CBs often hit lower with Mana tap than they did without.. due to the mastery roll lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I believe right now Reverse Entropy is mandatory if you take Soul Conduit and Eradication, the 0.5 cast time reduction on CB allows to squeeze two Chaos Bolts and two Shadowburns during Havoc. Also it allows you to squeeze one extra short cast time spell together with Chaos Bolt refresh of Eradication.

Not even talking about all the taps and gcds saved compared to pretty shitty Mana Tap.
    I didn't test if Immolate + Conflags copied through Havoc also get buffed from Roaring Blaze, but if so, I would expect it to have higher DPS potential than Shadowburn. I actually quite liked the bank conflag then immolate and 2x conflag asap gameplay. Might be worth it to cast immolate twice for +30% duration.

However, the mastery sucks and should be changed. But I think even the designers are out of ideas here, otherwise they wouldn't come up with this crap.