... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    the level 55 vanilla dungeon BRD is bigger than any WoD raid

this says it all
    This is intentional sarcasm, right? Lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoroaster09 View Post
    When you refer to the first tier as "a hell of a tier", I hope you are referring to the resting place of torment and punishment in the afterlife, and not describing it as you would a good party.
    I'll leave that open for interpretation In all honesty though, fuck WoD. After seeing the game's progression in this format, it's hard to defend Blizzard in any way (and I've always been one of the hopeful/it'll get better ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    WoD had 10 tiers tho
    5mans
    Garrison
    drov
    Tarlna
    Highmaul
    Blackrock Foundry
    Thatbirddontremembername
    Kazzak
    Garrison bosses
    Hellfire Citadel

e: forgot baleful and lfr tiers, that makes 14
    While I get your point that it's important to distinguish between what is an actual tier and what's not, t0.5 is just more evidence that we are getting less content overall. They were pretty time consuming quests with an individual item progression reward. Rok'dhelar, Quel'serrar and Benediction/Anathema was the same. Even in WotLK you had Quel'delar.

Now they just cut out legendaries from raiding and attached them to story narrative questlines as handouts, which I'm kind of OK with. But I miss class specific challenges, and I actually really hate Legion legendaries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    That chart shows something else besides tier length in comparison to other expansions: expansion length. TBC, Cata, and WoD were roughly the same length while WotLK and MoP were longer. If that trend holds true, Legion will also be longer.

Guess we have to hope everyone likes Legion because chances are that one will have a year long content drought and be one of the longest expansions.
    What I'm curious about is this. Is the chart factoring in from the recently announced release of Legion, or is it from the day the person made the chart?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Pointing out bad data presentation isn't the same thing as defending the game's flaws. I just get annoyed when people make misleading graphs to try and swing opinions.

Just post the truth. If you have a point, the truth will speak for itself.
    I get that, I do - and it's not what I'm complaining about. The reality is that content provision since the Siege of Orgrimmar has been embarrassingly bad, irrespective of how the data is presented or how it’s skewed toward a certain agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    But thanks for your contribution, the Nost thread is just a few clicks away.
    What on earth does this have to do with anything? This is an example of trolling which, in future, I’ll likely just report.

You think you want more content, but you don't

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    You think you want more content, but you don't
    No, that would imply they want to give us legacy servers :O They don't get any content!

Bigger doesn't mean better. BRD was hell incarnate, no one willingly ran it. If BRD is your reference of excellent content, then I'm not sure you can be redeemed.
    I loved BRD then and i still love it after +10 years. One of the best instances imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I loved BRD then and i still love it after +10 years. One of the best instances imo.
    Opinions differ, but it was shit. Constant ninjapulling, people getting lost, way too much time spent in there for little rewards except getting to the Dark Iron forge.

Deleted
    Opinions differ, but it was shit. Constant ninjapulling, people getting lost, way too much time spent in there for little rewards except getting to the Dark Iron forge.
    Boils down to: Opinions can be different, but your opinion is wrong!

Deleted
    I would love to see more dungeons in the Legion as the expansion moves on. And make these dungeons actually meaningful. I would love to see crafting materials that only drop from certain bosses. World recipes for professions. More daily quests.

Maybe some of these have already been implemented on Legion, or not. Haven't really cared to check. I rather get "surprised" when the expansion comes

Quote Originally Posted by Sury View Post
    Sure, grinding city rep gave you a discount on repair cost (only in that city) and vendor purchases (which were basically of no use to most players).

Current reputations have vendors who sell useful items that have real applicable use to most players. Examples being the vendors in Tanaan Jungle.
    Buying a different mount other than your race mount was huge back then. Think it gave a discount on flight paths too.

WoD had huge rep grinds for what? A tabard and a slight recolour of a mount. Oh and a trinket with ilvl 615. Not worth it at all.
    Plus you could argue that Blizz had over 10 years to learn how to make a proper reward for reputation vendors. Unlike vanilla.

Reputations were a massive joke in WoD and you know it.

This is the reason why I'm out of WoW. It stopped being fun when they charged more money for less content. But nobody wanted to believe me back then. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

BRD: Possibly the greatest adventure I've had in the game.

Pointless reputations: Made the world feel bigger, I thought it was good to have factions other than the ones put right in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Upside-Down Sinner View Post
    Vanilla didn't have 5 tiers, neither did TBC have 4 tiers.
    You're thinking of tier gear, not tiers of raiding.

Vanilla had MC, BWL and Naxx that awarded tier 1,2 and 3. AQ was a tier of raiding but didn't technically award tier gear since it was referred to as Tier 2.5, having only 5 pieces instead of 8 that was the standard at the time.

TBC had tier 4 (gruul, kara & magtheridon), tier 5 (ssc & tk) and tier 6 (hyjal & bt). Sunwell plateau was added at the end of the expansion and was a fourth tier of raiding but instead of having its own tier gear it added to T6 aswell as a lot of offset gear.

This being said I would consider Highmaul to be its own tier of raiding although it didn't have any tier gear. But since you didn't do HM and BRF in parallell they're two separate tiers of raiding.
    Last edited by Echo of Soul; 2016-04-19 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    note to OP - when you see this as a response, you know that would-be detractors aren't quite sure how to argue with that graph.
    It may looks that I do not acknowledge the problem stated by the OP but I do. I don't say it is not important we got so few raid tiers (well at a personal level, I don't care. I don't raid but I understand it is important for many players). I just say that stating it ad nauseam on MMOC won't fix the problem. It is why I said it is a pointless thread. I do not try to defend Blizzard for this (we can't defend them. The graph is very telling). I just say that it is stating the obvious that everybody knows (probably Blizzard themselves too). it is why I recommend to be more proactive and put up that graph on official forum and unsubscribe as a sign of protest or just accept the reality and move along.

guess ppl didnt get the memo, the item squish was this, not the number change. less tiers means lower numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Yeah I'm with you. I've loved blizzard for 15 years. Now I'm sad about the state of WoW and blame Blizzard for fucking it up. It's like my coke dealer of a decade started cutting my supply up an adding "jims authentic cola" kinda tastes the same but now there is too much of jims cola and it starts to taste like jims ass.
    +1 couldn't have said it better myself

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?cn=Keymaster&r=Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Vanilla had MC, BWL and Naxx that awarded tier 1,2 and 3. AQ was a tier of raiding but didn't technically award tier gear since it was referred to as Tier 2.5, having only 5 pieces instead of 8 that was the standard at the time.
    That is still 4 tiers and not 5? Or did op count Zul'Gurub as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Upside-Down Sinner View Post
    No, I'm thinking of tiers of raiding.

AQ wasn't tier 3, it was tier 2.5, which means it wasn't its own tier.
    Neither can dungeons in Vanilla be a "raid tier".

Sunwell Plateau was part of tier 6.

Highmaul and BRF were part of the same tier too.

You're doing it wrong.
    I agree that dungeons can't be considered a tier of raiding but I disagree with you on HM, AQ and Sunwell. With them dropping totally different item level gear compared to the raids before or after them and in most cases not even being part of the same patch they must be considered their own tier of raiding. You weren't doing AQ as the same time as BWL and Naxx, it was a natural progression between them. You didn't do Sunwell as the same time as BT and Hyjal but you needed the gear from these raids to continue on with Sunwell. When BRF came out you stopped doing HM but you needed the gear from it in order to progress (ignoring catchup mechanics).

Just because a raid doesn't drop tier gear or Blizzard chose to name the tier gear differently doesn't mean it's not its own tier of raiding. If it's part of a linear progression path of raiding and stands on its own it's a raid tier.

But that's the beauty of opinions. You can have yours and I can have mine and neither is really wrong until officially disproven by a statement from Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captainkrabs View Post
    That is still 4 tiers and not 5? Or did op count Zul'Gurub as well?
    Yup 4. I have no idea where he got 5 from. You can't really count ZG, ZA and AQ20.