Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    DO you push p1 with 1 doomfire? If so your gear is fine. But why extend? You can start at mannoroth! and you ca pick what bosses you wanna kill in upper. havent any1 of you done the Qs?
    They've killed Mannoroth once so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    There's 19 weeks left until launch probably 13-15 left until 7.0 so they're not getting the mount on everyone anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Talk about exaggerating. At least 400ish guilds killed him with less gear (possibly a couple hundred more).
    400 is a very, very small number in the grand scheme of things.
    Bleh

They've killed Mannoroth once so no.
    I see, then i whould recomend to not extend. Unless they only plan on doing a single archi kill. They will wanna be able to start with manno->archi on farm and then go back if they have time over.

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    400 is a very, very small number in the grand scheme of things.
    It's most probably close to 600 looking around at WoWprogress, but you saying "those guilds play the game like it's their fucking job" is an exaggeration regardless of how small a number that is.

It's most probably close to 600 looking around at WoWprogress, but you saying "those guilds play the game like it's their fucking job" is an exaggeration regardless of how small a number that is.
    It's really not comparing the difference between even Fel Lord and Archimonde. It's huge.
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    It's really not comparing the difference between even Fel Lord and Archimonde. It's huge.
    Dude, you said "guilds that killed it with less (than 735) ilvl play the game like it's their fucking job" which I said it's an exaggeration. I mentioned the number 400 (or 600 more like) to show you that rank 500-600 guilds most definitely don't play like it's their fucking job (heck I'm in a rank 350ish guild and we have quite a few people that only logged on for the 9 hours of raiding every week). I'm not sure what you're trying to argue especially with your last post.

Thank you for all the replies. They're REALLY appreciated. I am just a raider in our guild so it's not up to me, but i know our RL is lurking :-).. But i believe the underperformers will get a notice. On the subject on going back i still doubt that we're doing that, since a kill doesnt "feel" that far away. We have lots of fucking up from newcomers on Marks and stupid mistakes during p3 that really should'nt happen. (Requires atleast 4-5 wipes before a new player understands Marks for some reason)

As any guild that hasnt killed Archie M yet, we have roster problems and this is pretty much the roster we can with plus 1 or 2 new people. We have a raid group of around 22 people so this is pretty much it.
    And yes we do it in 1 doomfire. We pull it off 95% of the time, so it is not an issue. I have a feeling our Infernals die a little too slow, which is where i think we need better cooldown management.

About two month ago I could have extended the fight but for a 2 nights raiding guild with severe recruitment shortage we had plenty of issues.
    This is pretty much us, aswell.

But at the bottom of the line, if some of our players pull their act together this should be very much possible, am i right? I mean, phase4 is really just about staying relaxed and dealing with some mediocre abilities that just does a ton of damage.

Fuck the gear. We just want to kill the last boss of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tusq View Post
    And yes we do it in 1 doomfire. We pull it off 95% of the time, so it is not an issue. I have a feeling our Infernals die a little too slow, which is where i think we need better cooldown management.
    With 3 boomkins and 2 hunters you should be able to reliably deal with the infernals. Just come up with a consistent and proper strategy in regards to what CDs are getting used when. Also, make sure you have a proper way of separating them. Have the 2 hunters taunt two at the back and your tanks taunt two at the front (in predetermined spots) and you should be fine.

If I remember correctly, Garrosh still dropped his mount in 6.0 (the pre-patch before WoD)
    so, happy farming

Deleted
    There's 19 weeks left until launch probably 13-15 left until 7.0 so they're not getting the mount on everyone anyway.
    Ye i was to lazy to count if it would be enough

One thing that really helped us was setting ourselves up to use the ring 3 times in p3 (if you're bad like us). We just got our first kill this past Sunday after probably a month of extending after our one and only Manno kill. We did the two doomfire strat (found it to be a lot easier as we had issues pushing in one, if you can push in one 95% of the time then keep doing that).

For you to get three p3 rings:
    1. Ring on pull.
    2. Ring after conduits in p3. (Yes, no ring in p2 when it comes back up, you don't need it.)
    3. Ring ~10s before 3rd infernal wave by a ranged. Explode it on 2-4 infernals. This trivializes this wave. (Make sure moonkin are using their CDs on 4th wave).
    4. Ring when its back up which will be ~10s before 5th infernals if boss is not dead. Make sure whoever pops it can survive (rogue or someone with immunities) so it explodes on boss.

With an extra DPS compared to us you should kill the boss before the 5th but just in case you have ring to save you. I think the early boss only ring in p3 helps get you to execute range quicker and helps a ton.

10+ Year Old Account
    eminence not found in these logs

your monk is also gearing for spirit and used RJW 8 times doing 800k healing. He should drop all his spirit (outside of legendary ring and trinkets), respec xuen and he'll do more hps/dps.

chi brew is a bad talent, use power strikes instead.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-04-19 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    I have a feeling our Infernals die a little too slow, which is where i think we need better cooldown management.
    From my experience, killing the Infernals is more reliant on players really witching instantly and focussing correctly than having CDs or whatnot. Focus on that and you'll be fine.

In my raid, we simply had (and still have) players that for some reason are unable to really DPS the Infernals (just multi-dotting, instant casts etc.). But if you realize that the last phase is a joke, because you have the same timing windows to stand and DPS every single time, you can really maximize your DPS.

So tell people that the have to DPS the first Infernal as soon as it lands, then it will die before the 2nd one even forms. Juts have a tank and the hunters taunt the next ones apart and you're golden.

Our CD timing were (afaik): 1st set nothing, 2nd set ring that then fully goes into the boss, 3rd set 2nd potions, 4th set ring again. But with people playing well you dan each of these (even the 3rd set with Stars right before) without any CDs and with basically any setup thanks to the gear we now have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Your issue is overall lack of damage, and you've chosen to go for the 1 doomfire strategy. That's just dumb.
    My team was bad at doing fires in phase 2 and 1 and they decided to go 1 doomfire for sure. A problem is that now that we reach final phase reliably, ring is not synced with the 1st infernals so it appears that it's more convenient to use the ring for the 2nd and 4th. That might be a problem for the 3rd, but I heard they die fast nowadays so maybe we could use potion for those.

Dude, you said "guilds that killed it with less (than 735) ilvl play the game like it's their fucking job" which I said it's an exaggeration.
    Stop fixating on shit thats irrelevant to the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    eminence not found in these logs

your monk is also gearing for spirit and used RJW 8 times doing 800k healing. He should drop all his spirit (outside of legendary ring and trinkets), respec xuen and he'll do more hps/dps.

chi brew is a bad talent, use power strikes instead.
    Is chi brew really bad on archi?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Only thing worth getting is the achievement and titles and both mounts gearwise not worth it seeing as first zone in legion will replace it all.
    People have said that before every expansion. It hasn't been true once. Gear of the most difficult tier has always lasted til 2-3 levels before next level cap.
    TBC: first blues & greens were ilvl 60-70, which is on par with molten core & bwl gear. Wasn't until level 67 that gear started to get better than naxx gear.
    WOTLK: first blues were around 130-140 ilvl, which is on par with The Eye/SSC gear, top raid gear(150ish ilvl you didn't get til level 96-97.
    CATA: you needed to get to level 82-83 to get better gear than ICC gear.
    MOP: you needed to get to level 87-88 to get better gear than DS gear.
    WOD: you needed to get to level 96-97 to get better gear than SOO.

My guild is having the same issues, although even though we can get through p1 alright and get into p3 semi regularly we have troubles with p2. The main problem is that we only killed Xhul 3 times and Mannaroth once, so we have a lacking of gear. We tried reclearing, but we couldn't get past Xhul. I have been trying to get my guild to reclear until we get Mannaroth down 4 times total, but the leaders are being stubborn as hell, saying that we don't need the gear even though we are over 400 pulls on Archimonde. We have been using bloodlust phase one and I'm sure p3 isn't going to be possible. Only got him down to 29%.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Only thing worth getting is the achievement and titles and both mounts gearwise not worth it seeing as first zone in legion will replace it all.
    That has never happened yet where the final tier of the previous expansions gear was made obsolete THAT fast. Usually gear gets replaced about half way through leveling, for less than optimal pieces, and just about everything is replaced in the final zone.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    We killen archi about 1 month back for the first time. We had over 200 wipes on xhul before our first kill and changed tactics after that so reclearing was tough. Mannaroth progress was slow due to that but we only extended when we were close to the kill. After that we extended until we killed archi, which took about 3 weeks I think.

Because we only extended after mannaroth died we had pretty good gear and no real problems with getting the 1 doomfire cutoff. But progress on mannoroth was a lot slower because we often only had 1 night each week. However looking back I think it was a good call by our officers as archi progress was really smooth.

However I think it would be wrong for OP to reclear now. People's minds are on archimonde and killing xhul and mannoroth again could be a bit timewasting. Killing it with 735 is very possible but there is less room for error. Some players really have to shape up and everyone needs to make sure star and infernals die fast enough.