Frost or Unholy Pvp

I have been playing Unholy for PvP as of late and Im kind of new the the DeathKnight class. Does Frost just straight destroy Unholy in WoD or are they both viable, I havent been doing bad but I never see any other Unholy Dks so it got me to wondering. I looked for a thread on here but couldn't find any definite answers. If Frost is better I'd like to switch.
    Last edited by Denaka; 2016-04-10 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    Unholy in WoD is a weak shell of it's former glory days. We lost our strongest ability when WoD came out "Necrotic Strike" which absorbs healing which made us the best spec to solo healers, and it was FUN and rewarding. Frost outperforms unholy in every possible way in WoD, even aoe! To top it off Frost can burst ultrahard every minute with trinket and Pillar of Frost!

Unholy is just depressing in WoD PVP. It's sad but it's the truth.
    Last edited by mmoc33a067f81f; 2016-04-10 at 09:20 PM.

Would DW be better than 2H? I really only do BGs right now to farm honor but I want to get into Arenas in the future.

Deleted
    Legion Unholy looks extremely promising, tho.

Yeah it does, am I right that I thought I saw Unholy Frenzy back on the talent tree? Haven't seen that since mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EccentricGhost View Post
    Yeah it does, am I right that I thought I saw Unholy Frenzy back on the talent tree? Haven't seen that since mop.
    It is back...but it isn't a cooldown like it used to be.

The answer to all of your questions is Blood PVP.

If you want a retarded / noskillrequired / dumb spec, go frost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    If you want a retarded / noskillrequired / dumb spec, go frost.
    This guy knows what's up

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy is garbage and it doesn't take skill like the rest of this class.

Just play DW Frost and don't worry about random people telling you that you suck. Just beat people and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Unholy is garbage and it doesn't take skill like the rest of this class.
    hahahahahahhaha

Lol, just beat people and win? Roll a tank class then, dps should require more skill than two buttons and a proc. Frost is insanely easy imo.

i play unholy , haven't seen legion fully since its constantly updating and changing , so cant give a verdict on that one

Deleted
    Unholy =/= PvP ( WoD )
    Unholy = PvP ( Legion)

Frost = utter boring frostmage spec in both.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EccentricGhost View Post
    Not how we once knew it.

Unholy takes a ton more skill than frost ever will.
    Fixed it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy doesn't take anymore skill than Frost. It's basically just slightly more rune management. The playstyle is exactly the same. Brainlessly tunnel a target until its dead. The only thing that is different is the pve rotation.

Unholy is shit anyway. It's been shit in PvP this whole expansion and yet people still cling onto it for some reason. It deals no pressure outside of BoS. Frost is just better, better single target pressure and aoe.

Unholy is shit anyway. It's been shit in PvP this whole expansion and yet people still cling onto it for some reason. It deals no pressure outside of BoS. Frost is just better, better single target pressure and aoe.
    I don't do BGs anymore and just doing some 2v2 arena and skirmishes for honor and weekly cap.
    I got the full season set for both frost and unholy and I alternate each 2 weeks between the specs and honestly I prefer unholy more for my 2v2 caps, because the spec just don't have any hard conters. I use necrotic as unholy and just dot cleave my games to win.

Extending dots and spreading dots is very easy and the pressure is just insane if done right.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I don't do BGs anymore and just doing some 2v2 arena and skirmishes for honor and weekly cap.
    I got the full season set for both frost and unholy and I alternate each 2 weeks between the specs and honestly I prefer unholy more for my 2v2 caps, because the spec just don't have any hard conters. I use necrotic as unholy and just dot cleave my games to win.

Extending dots and spreading dots is very easy and the pressure is just insane if done right.
    The thing is Unholy relies way too much on DoT uptime because of its dependence on shitty Multistrike. DK DoTs in PvP get dispelled, just like soul reaper gets dispelled. Boom, there's goes most of your pressure as Unholy. And then you have to deal with the shitty buggy pet that is another liability. And that's why it sucks, Unholy has no hard hitting melee attacks or attacks in general. Scourge Strike sucks, Festering Strike sucks, Death Coil sucks, The bugoyle sucks.

Frost just ignores dots completely where Frost Strike/Howling Blast deal more direct damage than anything Unholy can do. Frost pressure is massive especially considering Pillar of Frost lasts 20 seconds and only has a min cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denaka View Post
    I have been playing Unholy for PvP as of late and Im kind of new the the DeathKnight class. Does Frost just straight destroy Unholy in WoD or are they both viable, I havent been doing bad but I never see any other Unholy Dks so it got me to wondering. I looked for a thread on here but couldn't find any definite answers. If Frost is better I'd like to switch.
    DW frost is much better than UH in current pvp due to high sustain dmg and 1 min burst cd.

For playing frost you can check http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ackjeff/simple highest rated 3s DK in US. You will be using same talents for almost every fight. You will only be changing between Asphyxiate and Strangulate depending on comp. Use exact same gear as this guy, if you are not human then change proc trinket to freedom trinket. In most arena fights only thing you will be changing are major glyphs. Also check out frost DK guide on arenajunkies. MMO-C isn't the best place for pvp information.