Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Lol, just lol, you do realise i have been paying and playing this game for 11 years, so i think i am entitled to say what i feel about the game and demand a legacy server, so no i wont do it quietly, i am a customer of the game and i demand a vanilla server, its as simple as that.
    You're entitled to say as many stupid things as you like, and you'll be mocked for it every time.

If you don't like the mockery - as you yourself posted you do not - then do it quietly. It's simple friendly advice, no more.

Or ignore it. Post more stupid nonsense, and reap the mocking. That works too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    How about you get this through your "thick skull" they said "No!"

I win. Bye!
    I have a feeling you'll be back. But go celebrate that victory first, you've deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by davecrew View Post
    just to be devils advocate here this was LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 22, 2012, so is it possible this was not the same when we bought the game back in 04?
    Sure it is entirely possible. That is just what I found after a quick google search but I'm not going to go digging to find the original ToS/EULA but I doubt their stance on what they own/you own has changed. I'd say ALL MMOs have the same clause in their contracts that say they own everything and you just rent a right to log in.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Their ToS could be full of bullcrap, written by a braindead moron like yourself. So no, their ToS means fuck all to me. And no way in hell I am reading the gibberish they fill it with, when I am the one putting the money in their pockets.
    You accept it every time you log in. You are responsible for reading the contents and accepting them. No amount of childish stomping of feet and tantrum-throwing changes the legality of the situation, which is that you have accepted it. Every time. And you are bound by it. Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You don't have to be an insider at Blizzard to know they are sitting on a valuable asset for no reason. If they don't want to spend resources on legacy servers they can franchise it and make money that way. Wasting valuable IP cannot possibly be a good financial decision and I don't have to understand them better or whatever to make that observation.
    Ah so you know less about Blizzard than me! They don't franchise (unless they have to elite in China, russia and Taiwan) and wouldn't allow for a franchising willingly of their IP. It's too much of a risk to let another company touch their IP. Selling IP that you could make money off of by selling via a franchise model can come bite you in the butt when you later decide that you want to retcon or reuse that IP.

Edit: further to that its only in recent months that subs have dropped and desire for vanilla spiked so high as to rebalance the value of running vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Sure it is entirely possible. That is just what I found after a quick google search but I'm not going to go digging to find the original ToS/EULA but I doubt their stance on what they own/you own has changed. I'd say ALL MMOs have the same clause in their contracts that say they own everything and you just rent a right to log in.
    fair enough, so you're telling me there's a chance!

You can, pay your sub and log into the game and play.
    Don't be deliberately belligerent. I cannot play 1-60 as that doesn't exist anymore on blizzard servers.

Quote Originally Posted by davecrew View Post
    just to be devils advocate here this was LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 22, 2012, so is it possible this was not the same when we bought the game back in 04?
    Any time you log on you implicitly agree to the ToS. Whenever it changes you are presented with it and must agree to the terms again before you are able to log in. So it doesn't matter if it's changed since 04. It also doesn't actually matter if you haven't logged in since 04 to agree to any of the changes. It is still a service you license the software for and pay for access, all of which is provided at Blizzard's will.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Don't be deliberately belligerent. I cannot play 1-60 as that doesn't exist anymore on blizzard servers.
    Yes you can. Levels 1-60 most definitely still exist and everyone who creates a new account or a new alt outside of DKs play through them. Just because they have changed from what you want doesn't mean they don't exist. The game has evolved.

If you don't agree to it then you don't play on their servers and if you do then you agree to it by simply playing. If you don't want to agree with it don't play WoW or play on a PS. Either way you are not entitled to anything.
    This makes no sense. Clicking accept is the only way to utilize the product I have just bought. This doesn't justify the content of their ToS in any way or form, hence why their ToS means absolutely nothing to me. Of course I am entitled to something. I am entitled to a reasonable product, corresponding with the amount of money I paid for it. How on earth can people keep claiming otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    You accept it every time you log in. You are responsible for reading the contents and accepting them. No amount of childish stomping of feet and tantrum-throwing changes the legality of the situation, which is that you have accepted it. Every time. And you are bound by it. Every time.
    That is not strictly true.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    How about you get this through your "thick skull" they said "No!"

I win. Bye!
    and how many other things have they said no to that they then changed their mind on? it's a lot of things btw.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Blizzard expected this backlash

Old wow VS New wow explained the best. and why do people care about vanilla.

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_u-FftQ95tc#t=897

I havent heard anyone to put it better, than this guy. He is abit slow, but it worth it. Every blizzard dev need to listen to this.

P.S. I wasnt allowed to post a thread... but yea i think its the best explanation video of all i heard (i watched alot). (cant post link so copy it manually) Its not about Nost in particular, but the game design in general.
    Last edited by pallidio; 2016-04-19 at 02:55 PM.

Yes you can. Levels 1-60 most definitely still exist and everyone who creates a new account or a new alt outside of DKs play through them. Just because they have changed from what you want doesn't mean they don't exist. The game has evolved.
    So are you intentionally trolling now? Let me be specific, I want to play the original 1.12 version of the game with levels 1-60, weapon skills and full talent frees. I can no ,longer experience the 1-60 levelling as this content has been replaced with much easier and hence boring content. Happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Luckily I don't live in a country where customers are being held hostage by the bullshit companies put in their ToS. So try again brown nose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck their ToS. They could claim we owe them our first-borns as well. The truth is Blizzard made millions of profit off its playerbase, and yet people say they don't owe us anything. First class nonsensical bullshit.
    They earned that money while providing you a service.

They don't owe you a thing.

So are you intentionally trolling now? Let me be specific, I want to play the original 1.12 version of the game with levels 1-60, weapon skills and full talent frees. I can no ,longer experience the 1-60 levelling as this content has been replaced with much easier and hence boring content. Happy?
    You're right, you can't because the game has evolved and changed. I'm sorry you don't like it but that's just the way the world works. You are not owed anything certainly not the right to play that version. If you want to play on a PS by all means go ahead, I don't have anything against it but you do so knowing full well it can one, be shut down at any time and two, that you are playing it illegally.

Deleted
    what your trying to say is that its impossible to relive the classic experience as it takes even the most casual player 1 day max to hit level 60 without hierlooms, and you skip almost half of the zones, leaving it a disgusting casual wobble from zone to zone 1 shotting mobs

This makes no sense. Clicking accept is the only way to utilize the product I have just bought. This doesn't justify the content of their ToS in any way or form, hence why their ToS means absolutely nothing to me. Of course I am entitled to something. I am entitled to a reasonable product, corresponding with the amount of money I paid for it. How on earth can people keep claiming otherwise?
    Because this isn't how the law works. You paid for a product and you received a service. I don't even know how to reply to this level of retarded.