This thread is a troll and post-count mine :P

I gotta up my game! I'm falling behind!

old school runescape <3

I hope they announce Progression servers at blizzcon at the latest. They are going to announce it someday that is just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    what your trying to say is that its impossible to relive the classic experience as it takes even the most casual player 1 day max to hit level 60 without hierlooms, and you skip almost half of the zones, leaving it a disgusting casual wobble from zone to zone 1 shotting mobs
    Thanks. I want it to take me 10 days of played game time to reach level 60. I want epic gear to mean something more than you completed a quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Because this isn't how the law works. You paid for a product and you received a service. I don't even know how to reply to this level of retarded.
    Actually, it's not law it's just a contract. If that contract is in contradiction with a law, then the law takes orecedent

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Luckily I don't live in a country where customers are being held hostage by the bullshit companies put in their ToS. So try again brown nose.
    If you don't consider the business ramifications of it, they kind of have the right to demand every damn condition they want in return of their game, which is not a first necessity product like food or water. WoW is a luxury. And in what backwards country does protecting their IP get considered as helding costumers hostage?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Post a link from Blizzard where they specifically said that. I never heard them say they would never do faction/server-type transfers. Same with the Blizzard store. I don't think any of you trully understand what you are demanding Blizzard they do about putting out classic servers. Hint: it wouldn't be the same as pirated emulated code or something Runescape did (because that and WoW are two fundamentally different games).
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/12/d...-anytime-soon/

Article talking about the the blue post Bornakk made back then. PvE to PvP transfers were a big hot topic at the time with Blizzard being firmly against allowing them. Im sure you can find his post from late'07/early'08 if you really want it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ld-of-Warcraft

"We chose to go with the subscription-based model instead of that approach," he replied. "We've taken the approach that we want players to feel like it's a level playing field once they're in WoW."

"Outside resources don't play into it - no gold buying, etc. We take a hard line stance against it," he continued. "What you get out of micro-transactions is kind of the same thing and I think our player base would feel betrayed by it. I think that's something else you have to decide on up-front instead of implementing it later."
    Rob Pardo - 2008

I also dont know anyone or heard of anyone "demanding" anything. We are "asking" to be able to play a version of the game that we paid for and would like to continue to play, supported by the company we grew up with and supported for over a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    This thread is a troll and post-count mine :P

I gotta up my game! I'm falling behind!
    That's exactly what it is, meu caro compatriota.

Grab a handful of popcorn and enjoy the show. Don't fret as there's enough salt here to season them.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    They earned that money while providing you a service.

They don't owe you a thing.
    Their playerbase provided them with a more than decent living for the time they have been in business, and for many years to come. On top of that their playerbase provided them with millions of profit for their company. I am pretty damn sure they owe their playerbase A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I also dont know anyone or heard of anyone "demanding" anything. We are "asking" to be able to play a version of the game that we paid for and would like to continue to play, supported by the company we grew up with and supported for over a decade.
    You clearly haven't been reading this thread then but in either case at the moment Blizzard has said no so why are you still here arguing? Blizzard does not currently agree with you so really the matter is closed from your perspective.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    If you don't consider the business ramifications of it, they kind of have the right to demand every damn condition they want in return of their game, which is not a first necessity product like food or water. WoW is a luxury. And in what backwards country does protecting their IP get considered as helding costumers hostage?
    Lives in Portugal, dares to call any other country backwards. Sleep tight.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallidio View Post
    Old wow VS New wow explained the best. and why do people care about vanilla.

http://youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...FftQ95tc#t=897

I havent heard anyone to put it better, than this guy. He is abit slow, but it worth it. Every blizzard dev need to listen to this.

P.S. I wasnt allowed to post a thread... but yea i think its the best explanation video of all i heard (i watched alot). (cant post link so copy it manually) Its not about Nost in particular, but the game design in general.
    Good video - thanks for posting

Their playerbase provided them with a more than decent living for the time they have been in business, and for many years to come. On top of that their playerbase provided them with millions of profit for their company. I am pretty damn sure they owe their playerbase A LOT.
    And they provided you with a game for the past 12+ years. It is up to you to decide if the game is worth it. If it isn't stop playing. That's really all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    and how many other things have they said no to that they then changed their mind on? it's a lot of things btw.
    You're right and I'm sure it was the people behaving like entitled assholes that really swayed their opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Thanks. I want it to take me 10 days of played game time to reach level 60. I want epic gear to mean something more than you completed a quest.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it's not law it's just a contract. If that contract is in contradiction with a law, then the law takes orecedent
    No, i want the game to be an adventure, an mmorpg, what the game was first designed to be, where i can meet other players and slay dragons in dangerous dungeons with

I dont want to be some god wielding a mighty weapon sending minions to do my my bidding while sitting my garrison

10+ Year Old Account
    In the ethical sense? They owe their playerbase/costumer every single thing.

From a business angle? People paid them to rent a product, said product was available to them whilst they paid. There's nothing left to be owed.

- - - Updated - - -

Lives in Portugal, dares to call any other country backwards. Sleep tight.
    Care to elaborate? With anything pertinent to the topic at hand, in preference?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Millions > thousands

I think I'll be alright for the next xpac at least

The biggest difference here is I have no problem with walking away from something I am not enjoying while for you folks it seems damn near impossible.
    You mean protesting for something "us folks" enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    You clearly haven't been reading this thread then but in either case at the moment Blizzard has said no so why are you still here arguing? Blizzard does not currently agree with you so really the matter is closed from your perspective.
    Im not here arguing with anyone and rarely posted anything in the thread. Why are you still here?

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    You're right and I'm sure it was the people behaving like entitled assholes that really swayed their opinion.
    No no, ofc it was the people lining up with bottoms up and pants down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    You mean protesting for something "us folks" enjoy?
    Angry posting on an unofficial forum is protest?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    No no, ofc it was the people lining up with bottoms up and pants down.
    Its so damn funny to me that you guys will criticize anyone who actually enjoys live, yet you want us to take your love for vanilla seriously. Goose, gander, all that jazz.

Once again, if Blizzard and their design decisions make you SO angry... walk away. Why you would want to play anything they offer is beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of nastiness I have seen from pro-private server people on Blizzards social media about Legacy Servers with threats and bad attitude. (not all of you, I am sure some of you are constructive and just want to enjoy something you used to play and giving your point across in a peaceful and polite way.

But my god, some of the comments "give us Private servers you're game sucks" or "I wont pay for this s*** until you give us private servers" "I hope Blizzard goes bankrupt for what they did to Nostalrius" Yea these people really not helping the cause here.

Blizzard would look at that and think "So these are the types of people who played on Private Servers. Do we really wanna cater to these?" I know I wouldn't.

For those that want Private Servers I am happy with how some people have given long thought out discussions about why they want it, even swaying myself, but most of you people are just plain nasty. And them shutting down Nost isn't an excuse especially when you knew it was going to happen anyway. One of the reason why as tempted as I was, I never played on a Private Server.

God help you in real life if acting this way gets you what you want...
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-04-19 at 03:30 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Im not here arguing with anyone and rarely posted anything in the thread. Why are you still here?
    Because there are still people who think they are entitled and/or owed legacy servers.