Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Also, Mythic+ has a rather long timer (45 minute?) so no need to rush or cheese anything until you get into the very high levels I guess. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
    At least for HoV it felt like an okay timer, not really a pushover, but even at level 7 it allowed us to make several mistakes, even with a backup tank, balance affinity, which allowed for mistakes such as tank releasing when he shouldn't tank taking on a bit more than I could handle. But yeah I hope the 45min timer is HoV specific, other dungeons might need more or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    not to mention that the system easily allows you to play in groups of various difficulties at the same time, it's not like raids where you have to deal with lootlocks if you do something multiple times.
    Except for the keystones, which are supposed to be rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Except for the keystones, which are supposed to be rare.
    Keystones will be available from World Objectives. That means to me they are going to be likely part of World Questing and can likely be farmed, probably with a group. They aren't going to make keystones so rare that no one is running Mythic+. If they are too rare, they will become less so.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Keystones will be available from World Objectives. That means to me they are going to be likely part of World Questing and can likely be farmed, probably with a group.
    Look, if they are going to be rare (one hour of farming per key or more), it's going to be like I say.

If they aren't, it's going to be different.

But from what they were saying, keystones are going to be rare, even rarer than one hour of farming per key. (And why have keystones at all if you can get them automatically doing what you'd have been doing already...)

Look, if they are going to be rare (one hour of farming per key or more), it's going to be like I say.

If they aren't, it's going to be different.

But from what they were saying, keystones are going to be rare, even rarer than one hour of farming per key. (And why have keystones at all if you can get them automatically doing what you'd have been doing already...)
    Most likely they will be fairly easy to get, but be locked to getting max 1-2 pr week.

After reading through the first couple of pages I'm really confused so let me get some clarification:

1. Mythic dungeons will be available on release
    2. WoW's "greater rift" feature will release alongside raids
    3. This greater rift feature is called mythic+
    4. The greater rift feature is meant as an alternative to raids
    5. Some people are confusing greater rifts and normal mythic dungeons

Is that all correct?

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Most likely they will be fairly easy to get, but be locked to getting max 1-2 pr week.
    Then it's going to be like I described - either not much interest or tons of stress, and all this thing is going to be pretty niche after some time. Because a limit of 1-2 keystones per week makes them *very* valuable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Also, Mythic+ has a rather long timer (45 minute?) so no need to rush or cheese anything until you get into the very high levels I guess. I'm looking forward to trying it out.
    DFrom what i could udnerstand some of the dungeons are actually rather long.. no?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    After reading through the first couple of pages I'm really confused so let me get some clarification:

1. Mythic dungeons will be available on release
    2. WoW's "greater rift" feature will release alongside raids
    3. This greater rift feature is called mythic+
    4. The greater rift feature is meant as an alternative to raids
    5. Some people are confusing greater rifts and normal mythic dungeons

Is that all correct?
    1. yes
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. alternative and complement to raids, meant for everyone who's up for the challenge.
    5. most likely, but not what's causing an arguement.

Deleted
    Sure, but this isn't going to last. Not because you or your friends are bad people, but simply because you are people.

It's just when you will stop doing these mythic dungeons, you'll say "meh, they aren't very interesting" or "meh, they aren't very rewarding", omitting part of the reason, that's it.

PS: And I am not looking for drama, drama will create itself just fine, this design is already implemented in D3, you might want to ask how it worked there (exactly how I describe with caveats related to the game type / popularity).
    I disagree a bit actually.

First off to my knowledge for most people rising in Greater rifts is mostly about gear(for most people).

There is like not one person on my bnet account that i wouldnt do greater rifts with because it in no way punnishes you if you do bad. You can just do another lvl10rift in under a minute and get a new stone.

Thats where i see the problem with the wow ones. If you can only get 1 a week you have to make that one count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    DFrom what i could udnerstand some of the dungeons are actually rather long.. no?
    From what I've seen, fights can take some time. Higher you go, the longer it's likely to take.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    They need to do away with this lfd reg Heroic mythic crap.

Don't "lock" trivial dungeon content but do stagger raid teirs.

Bring back attunments and keys.

/fixed.
    I would love that. I miss having my key bag, lol.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

doesnt that mean we are just gearing up more quickly and people will start crying about not having any content earlier than before?

Deleted
    Then it's going to be like I described - either not much interest or tons of stress, and all this thing is going to be pretty niche after some time. Because a limit of 1-2 keystones per week makes them *very* valuable.
    1 keystone per player per week means you can do 5 loot rewarding instances with the same group unless you beat the timer, in which case you get more loot rewarding runs. if each instance takes 45 minutes then that is 4 hours filled up which is above the average raid evening duration i'd say.

so 1 stone per week can keep you busy for 1-2 days if you don't play outside of the same 5 people.

if you can get more then 1 a week, yeah thats gonna easily approach a 3 day raiding shedule already.

Lets say you have a group of 5 people, each gets 1-2 keystones. each keystone takes quite some time as you can upgrade it, and you can try to use it until you manage to upgrade it aswell. Regular people will have more than enough just finishing each of the keystones, hardcore people will probably push to a certain point on each keystone, then try to push one up, then swap to the next one and progress them equally, or full push on one. and with 45 minutes for one dungeon it sounds like it will be plenty of playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I would assume the timers are going to be different. What's the point in having the same timer in the Arcway and Maw of Souls?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I would assume the timers are going to be different. What's the point in having the same timer in the Arcway and Maw of Souls?
    That would indeed make sense

While a bit off topic and useless, this thread is heading in a good direction compared to the first 8-9 pages.

The mythic+ dungeons is stuff to do on ALTS for mythic raiders.

Which is welcomed since we lost our 10 man heroic alt run with WOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Well this is dissapointing. Means there will be less to do be4 raids open up. Sad news imo. Was looking forward to pushing mythic+ lvls the first few weeks.
    If they did that I bet you'd start seeing a resurgence of players complaining they were 'forced' to do Mythic+ in order to get an edge in the Mythic raid race when they would open later, or whining that their guild required their members to do Mythic+ in order to make Mythic raid progression easier/faster.