Poll: August 30 release date is...

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wouldnt mind getting prepatch in june, and then the expansion content comes out later.

Altough yeah I would mind that, since that would mean it would be hard to keep the gold income up for some months :P.

So everything but the garrison changes until the release would be fine with me.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2016-04-19 at 04:30 PM.

Terrible timing for me. It's like smack in the middle of my uni semester which typically is when most of the assessments are due -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    I agree but the poor Q1 numbers probably forced their hand.
    Wait until the Q2 numbers are out, that's gonna be fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Wait until the Q2 numbers are out, that's gonna be fun
    They have OW to buffer the Q2 numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I feel like it should have been out months ago. However since it wasn't this works for me, out on my birthday and day before my summer contract ends and I begin holidays.

If they were smart they would release pre patch in June/July and move back the release date to Oct.
    I expect they will do exactly the same as they did with WoD which will amount to this any way.

Basically there going to stagger the release of the content as is the norm now, we wont be raiding the 1st half of the tier until late September and the 2nd half until early to mid November at the best.

Something along the lines of:

August 30th Release.
    September 20th Raid 1 (The Emerald Nightmare or Suramar Palace) Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    September 27th Raid 1 (The Emerald Nightmare or Suramar Palace) Mythic.
    October 4th Raid 1 (The Emerald Nightmare or Suramar Palace) LFR.
    November 15th Raid 2 (The Emerald Nightmare or Suramar Palace) Normal and Heroic difficulties.
    November 22nd Raid 2 (The Emerald Nightmare or Suramar Palace) Mythic.
    November 29th Raid 2 (The Emerald Nightmare or Suramar Palace) LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Basically there going to stagger the release of the content as is the norm now, we wont be raiding the 1st half of the tier until late September and the 2nd half until early to mid November at the best.
    That's pretty much a given. They've said/implied as much. However, this time around raiding is not the only PvE content. We also now that Emerald Nightmare is the Highmaul equivalent and Nighthold the BRF equivalent.

I knew it was going to come out after the movie, so this isn't surprising. Lets be thankful its not a holiday release again.

I'll just leave this here:

Quote Originally Posted by Torm View Post
    Perfect visual to show how blizzard gave the player base the big fu in wod. At least mop had other content patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Torm
    I see your useless pie graph and I raise you a visual representation of a room full of the number of Blizzard employees who give a fuck:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Think that more had to do with server load rather than a bug. Remember, for a brief moment WoW had 10m+ subscribers again
    No, it wasn't server load. It was a bug with the frostwolf shamanstones. If you had a shamanstone buff, flight paths would bug out and stop working, and every single time you zoned into frostfire ridge, you had to alt-f4 and relog if you wanted your flight path to actually take you into the zone. It took them almost a month to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torm View Post

15+ Year Old Account
    If they were smart they would release pre patch in June/July and move back the release date to Oct.
    4 months is more than enough time to fix anything wrong. You people are clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    No, it wasn't server load. It was a bug with the frostwolf shamanstones. If you had a shamanstone buff, flight paths would bug out and stop working, and every single time you zoned into frostfire ridge, you had to alt-f4 and relog if you wanted your flight path to actually take you into the zone. It took them almost a month to fix it.
    Uhh. It was an additional 3 million customers returning that they didn't intend on. Otherwise they wouldn't have added more back end servers that first week to bear the additional load. They wouldn't have needed to make corpses disappear within 15 seconds instead of the standard minute or so to improve performance. They also made major garrison tuning changes over the first 2 weeks.

None of that was due to a shaman stone bug which I don't ever recall experiencing.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    I see your useless pie graph and I raise you a visual representation of a room full of the number of Blizzard employees who give a fuck:

obviously they dont give a single fuck, they sold us 2/3 of expansion for 10$ more than previous "full" one ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Uhh. It was an additional 3 million customers returning that they didn't intend on. Otherwise they wouldn't have added more back end servers that first week to bear the additional load.
    Yeh, it's just a shame that they didn't have any sight of the advance order numbers that would have given them an idea of how many players they were going to get. Then they REALLY would have got more hardware, honest.

And this just after you called another poster clueless. Brilliant stuff.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they'd stop redesigning multiple game systems every expansion, they might be able to have a faster development cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

I feel every expansion they need to come up with a new "menu" that the players can access.

I agree but the poor Q1 numbers probably forced their hand.
    It's probably to line it up with other stuff.

5/24 - Overwatch
    6/10 - WoW movie
    8/30 - Legion
    Then something else for Fall/Winter
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    It's probably to line it up with other stuff.

5/24 - Overwatch
    6/10 - WoW movie
    8/30 - Legion
    Then something else for Fall/Winter
    Actually looks even better if you throw HS and the prepatch in there

4/26 HS
    5/24 OW
    6/10 Movie
    7/?? Prepatch
    8/30 Legion

almost looks like they tried to release something every month lol