Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    @Dendrek - Apologies. I took it the wrong way because I'm agitated - Between this tiny screen and people believing Uggor's claim I'm a smidge annoyed

So lets just lynch him an get it over with already...

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    So lets just lynch him an get it over with already...
    I'd rather not. I like how this day has progressed, for a few reasons. I think there's still more potential to be gained from it. I could be wrong on that, but it can't possibly hurt town to let this day go on.

Doing some research as we speak. I'd be happy if we didn't end the day before I make my post at least.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

15+ Year Old Account
    Dupti is not the Doctor, because I know who is the doctor.

Unvote
    Vote: Dupti

Also, if you guys notice, I put out reads, and it took ONE VOTE for me to fully claim with all of my results, 0 hesitation. Why exactly would I do that if I intended to misread town. Maybe I just wanted to see a couple of reactions to my reads. Whatever happened to playing this game to read people to get information?

That's a heavy last-minute claim...
    and it's messing up my reads!
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Dupti is not the Doctor, because I know who is the doctor.

Unvote
    Vote: Dupti

Also, if you guys notice, I put out reads, and it took ONE VOTE for me to fully claim with all of my results, 0 hesitation. Why exactly would I do that if I intended to misread town. Maybe I just wanted to see a couple of reactions to my reads. Whatever happened to playing this game to read people to get information?
    If we have a doctor who know Dupti is lying he should have counterclaimed him. This late letting someone like that live is too costly. Also, how do you know considering your role...

Seems like a last-minute effort to try to force a misslynch.

Off with his head.

Uggor, you've just admitted to being scum. I can't help but feel this is a gambit on your part, but I'm not sure what you're hoping to achieve.

Uggor, I don't understand how you could possibly know who the Doctor is unless you are actually a role investigator... which changes many things about your claim.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not, but I know who a doctor is, and I am almost 100% I know their reason for not counter-claiming; they don't want to be killed, obviously. Why else would Dupti still be alive? You don't think a scum team would have killed him by now if he WAS the doctor?

Also, yes, I have VERY limited time, day has very limited time, and I'm about to be lynched, why hold back at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    I pretty well have to agree that Uggor's claim doesn't look that good, and that he knows who the doctor really is (and that it's not dupti) sounds somewhat unlikely unless he has another source of information outside of his role, or he's lying either about his role, or about knowing the doctor.

vote: Uggorthaholy

I believe that puts him 6/8

I mean - he also voted Reti over Dupti when he made his claim for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not, but I know who a doctor is, and I am almost 100% I know their reason for not counter-claiming; they don't want to be killed, obviously. Why else would Dupti still be alive? You don't think a scum team would have killed him by now if he WAS the doctor?

Also, yes, I have VERY limited time, day has very limited time, and I'm about to be lynched, why hold back at all?
    Well, considering we have Arlee as well - no.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah....no. Cop, redirector, bodyguard, doctor, mason...there were a lot of really important roles out there for scum to clear out, that he is still alive isn't that unlikely at this point, especially when you add protections to the mix.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    I mean - he also voted Reti over Dupti when he made his claim for some reason.
    How many times do I need to say that this game is about reads and reactions? How many times are people going to ignore that?

And I also don't get why people think Arlee's role would actually be a town role. It is, in my opinion, more harmful than a bad vigi.

@Dendrek: Even so, I feel I just found my first grey hairs. I'm growing stupiderer.

---

Anyway... I did promise some reads!

Arlee: Mostly solid town read in my book. She correctly identified the day she was investigated, so her role claim is true enough. The hesitation is that this is a terribly strong town role, roles that can so easily avoid dying are kinda more a scum role. I still wouldn't vote for Arlee unless she was down to the last three, and even then that's going to be hard to justify to myself.

Catta: Well, he did claim a flavour cop or something. I'm not entirely dismissing the idea, notably given Strikered's role. So for now a minor trust. It's not particularly strong. Also to his favour, the manner of his claim is so ridiculously silly that I have a very hard time reading it as a scum play. The question is again - scum or not?

Celtic: I like his push on Dupti, that resonated positively with me. That said, he also pushed Danner, which I'm obviously biased against. I didn't like the Dendrek push at the time, now I'm not really sure what to say about Dendrek. His argument that Largehorn was scum held true. If I were to make a guess, Celtic is leaning town.

Dendrek: So, I have to give it to him, I cannot possibly say he's been dodging this game. His attack on me was vicious, but for reasons explained above rather than his initial impression. I was leaning town for objectively wrong reasons earlier... but at this point I want him to be town. If he ends up being mafia I am going bribe reticence to fudge his rolecard in the D&D game so that he draws jester lightning rod. That or join the Dendrek fan club. I'm not quite sure what his game is by his last few posts, but I look forward to it.

Dupti: So, I still hold that Strikered saw him go somewhere. The doctor claim I find way too obvious a scum-panic-driven-result of that situation. But to his MAJOR benefit, nobody has counterclaimed him yet. I still cannot shake my scumread on dupti due to the strikered action read. It's really coloring my entire game view at this point.

Graeham: I haven't had much impression of him so far. But if I go by today, he did push dupti, which I do approve of. That said... I'm leaning scum by gutfeel. Also said, if Uggor really is town, he is innocent. Not convinced I can make the flipside correlation, and I'm leaning Uggor is not town.

Kryllian: Not much read here either. Null read. I appreciate him speaking in my favour when I was under fire, but obviously I can't use that for a read due to my personal bias. At this point, that means leaning scum, but some mitigating factors due to being a relatively new player.

Kurenai: I like his push on Dupti. At least someone is listening to what I have been saying. So for that, a townie point in my book.

Monkz: We had a good debate I think. I'm leaning town on Monkz for that reason. Didn't like the spat he had with Xanjori, but not sure that's a scumread.

Reticence: So, despite Reticence having a heavy post count, I cannot recall anything he's said this game. That's ... scary. Am I getting dementia as well as becoming stupiderer? I was going to say gutfeel scumread based on that alone, but then I went back and read his posts. And there is a lot of good pressure in there, including against dupti.

Robozerim: Much the same reason as Reticence, I cannot recall anything robo has said. Looking back at it he's been in a spat with Monkz, which means I am giving him a scum point at this stage.

Uggorthaholy: I said he would be my go-to target if Senna flipped town. Dupti distracted me, and will probably keep on doing so until either of us die. I still think Uggor is scummy. The secondary cop claim doesn't help; I could have bought a deputy but not this. Preferred lynch for today. His last minute vote/claim against Dupti is seriously confusing me though. Because I have a hard time thinking both he and dupti are scum now, unless this is some sort of scum gambit.

Xanjori: The thing I recall the most this game is the spat he had with Monkz, but I'm not sure I can call it scum play. Still... I kinda read Monkz as town, so that's a scum point for Xanjori just due to the viciousness of the fight they had. Someone pointed out that dupti is still alive, so that's a theoretical town point for Xanjori though - but I'm loathe to rely on those kind of reads; too easy to WIFOM.

--
    @Uggorthaholy: I think you need to spill the beans you have. I'll probably still vote for you at this point - the timing doesn't help you one bit - but it may be important tomorrow.

How many times do I need to say that this game is about reads and reactions? How many times are people going to ignore that?

And I also don't get why people think Arlee's role would actually be a town role. It is, in my opinion, more harmful than a bad vigi.
    I would personally like to think that you as a townie would not wait until you were being lynched to reveal that you know a claimed TPR to be lying when its not something you learned through a TPR ability.

15+ Year Old Account
    People can think whatever they want about me but I believe I have shown, over long periods of gameplay, that my gameplay is not consistent for various reasons. To prevent reads against me, to help gambit plays, things of that nature.

I know Dupti isn't the doctor; or we have 2 doctors (highly unlikely)

10+ Year Old Account
    All the fun stuff for the day seems to have happened already, and I don't see this going any way except with an Uggor lynch. Pro tip for the future, Uggor, next time you fake claim an investigation capable role, you should probably claim to have a guilty.

I'm going for a walk. I'll be back in a few hours, though I won't be surprised if day is ended prematurely.

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized something...

If Uggor is scum, as I have little doubt of at this point, then him claiming that dupti isn't the real doctor is implying that there's more than one scum team, because why would he want to throw his own teammate under the bus like that? Mind you, he could just be lying.

Then again, he could always believe that dupti is a serial killer or something. Or another mafian that isn't part of the thread with him. Or he himself could be the serial killer...Meh, I guess there's lots of options, still.

Anyway, definitely going for that walk now.

I would agree with the latter point on a general note, but the fact that Arlee basically shoved Senna's guilty over to a mafioso is worth a lot of town points in my book, provided that we only have one scum team. I'm sure an argument could be made for trading a weaker role for a stronger one, but the followup innocent from Senna suggests that Arlee would have to be an investigation-immune scum at odds with Largehorn's team for me to go down that road at the moment. We could be looking at third-party, of course, which could make sense if she was just investigation-immune, but then we'd have to start questioning all of the staff-members' claims, since she claimed CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Catta: Well, he did claim a flavour cop or something. I'm not entirely dismissing the idea, notably given Strikered's role. So for now a minor trust. It's not particularly strong. Also to his favour, the manner of his claim is so ridiculously silly that I have a very hard time reading it as a scum play. The question is again - scum or not?
    Did he, though? I only recall that he claimed that his action succeeded. While I originally chalked this up to a silly town mistake, the recent claim of Toby does give me pause; we're running out of main characters to choose from, and there are an awful lot of claims out there.

Dendrek: So, I have to give it to him, I cannot possibly say he's been dodging this game. His attack on me was vicious, but for reasons explained above rather than his initial impression. I was leaning town for objectively wrong reasons earlier... but at this point I want him to be town. If he ends up being mafia I am going bribe reticence to fudge his rolecard in the D&D game so that he draws jester lightning rod. That or join the Dendrek fan club. I'm not quite sure what his game is by his last few posts, but I look forward to it.
    I saw the words bribe and fudge in the same sentence. I'm sold.

I know Dupti isn't the doctor; or we have 2 doctors (highly unlikely)
    I don't want you to out them, but I would like to know this: by knowing who the doctor is, do you mean that you feel strongly based upon a read? or that you undeniably have irrefutable proof that someone else is a doctor?
    Last edited by Reticence; 2016-04-19 at 07:04 PM.