Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am way into Frank LLoyed Wright's prairie-style architecture, the Unity Temple in Chicago being one of my favorites. I contemplated architecture school at the Frank Lloyd Wright School of architecture and almost got an undergrad degree in architecture; decided to go the finance route with my undergraduate degree instead. Probably a good thing; my interest is probably not significant enough to warrant a career in the subject (if you can't tell by now I'm basically interested in every subject under the sun).

In regards to modern architecture, Zaha Hadid is one of my personal favorites; she passed away recently. RIP.

Kaden Tower, Louisville, KY It's considered the ugliest building in the city.

Deleted
    Oh no, a thread for modern architecture... I may just vomit.

Please, Sirs and Ma'ams, revisit my old thread on the catastrophic nature of modern architecture: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-Catastrophic Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    How far back in the modern scale do you set the threshold?

This is considered modern, and it's a little older than a century

this is post-modern or something

I don't think that is a particular style it's the longenberger headquarters, famous for this basket.

Since you're an eco kid you should look into Monolithic Domes. Concrete dome sprayed around a inflatable Airform and insulated with polystyrene and reinforced with rebar. Insanely good insulation, almost no need for A/C and only minimal need for heating as the structure is one solid piece of thermal mass, can be fully or partially buried for even further temperature stabilization, immune to fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, very strong against earthquakes, immune to rot, mold, mildew, etc. Really amazing structures, the airform can be created to match almost any size and shape. Here's one that is a bit more upscale, from http://www.monolithic.org/homes/featured-homes

The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Since you're an eco kid you should look into Monolithic Domes. Concrete dome sprayed around a inflatable Airform and insulated with polystyrene and reinforced with rebar. Insanely good insulation, almost no need for A/C and only minimal need for heating as the structure is one solid piece of thermal mass, can be fully or partially buried for even further temperature stabilization, immune to fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, very strong against earthquakes, immune to rot, mold, mildew, etc. Really amazing structures, the airform can be created to match almost any size and shape. Here's one that is a bit more upscale, from http://www.monolithic.org/homes/featured-homes
    This is cool. Homes made out of caves are very similar...http://inhabitat.com/6-awesome-caves-to-call-home/ several of them in the American Southwest.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This is cool. Homes made out of caves are very similar...http://inhabitat.com/6-awesome-caves-to-call-home/ several of them in the American Southwest.
    I've seen the one from Missouri linked a few different places, those are very nice but also expensive to do unless you're doing how they've done it in Turkey, Afghanistan and China and carve them yourselves haha. The Domes are great yeah, and cool is the main word for them. They maintain a nice even temperature regardless of where you build them which makes them ideal for high heat/humidity areas. 65 degrees year round is pretty easy and extra cheap to manage. It's what I'm going to build for my home eventually.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    In regards to modern architecture, Zaha Hadid is one of my personal favorites; she passed away recently. RIP.
    The pictures you showed are egregious. Modern architecture is disgusting, but even more so when it comes in that particular style.

You should never post things like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    The pictures you showed are egregious. Modern architecture is disgusting, but even more so when it comes in that particular style.

You should never post things like that again.
    Clearly you're entitled to your opinion, emphasis on OPINION. Just as I am entitled to post more images out of spite, if I so choose.

Deleted
    Clearly you're entitled to your opinion, emphasis on OPINION. Just as I am entitled to post more images out of spite, if I so choose.
    That's okay, I'm used to seeing ugly architecture. I'm just worried other reasonable people with an artistic sense might become nauseous.