Thread: The new trailer

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First trailer wasn't bad, this one wasn't bad either.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    It doesnt, but the music they're using is just for advertising purposes, I severly doubt they'll use Wubstep in the actual film.
    Trailer music hardly ever makes it into the film they attach it to. I learned that lesson when I bought the Planet of the Apes soundtrack based on the trailer years ago. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNemesis View Post
    It's amazing, watched It like 18 times.. anyway.

I'm worried I'll be watching this, and just see Lothar as Ragnar Instead xD even that voice... of cource he can't change It but you know. He is a great actor, no doubt but lots of people will instantly connect him to Ragnar Lothbrok from Vikings.

I did like Garona and her Independant like "I need no protection"...whilst I'm still confused why she's marked as Half-orc/half-human while humans never even had contact with orcs until now.... we obviously know she's half draenei not half human, Is that not to confuse new people you think, just saying half-human for now until Draenei become relevant In future movies potentially?

Otherwise, I thought that Dwarf we saw was Magni... or am I imagening/hoping?
    Yes I believe that was Magni and his council. Also wasnt Garona originally half orc half human before they changed it?

If you go back in time to when wowinsider wrote the story of about her in 2007 its quite different than the retcon.

Who's her daddy: So Garona's definitely a half-orc, but the other half of her parentage is unknown. Originally, she was a half-orc, half-human, because the first version of the First War had fifteen years pass between the first orc parties into Azeroth and Llane's death. Garona could have been a teenager when she killed Llane. But later, the First War was "retconned" into only lasting one year, making that unlikely (although orcs apparently have a spell to age their children up to fighting age.) Blizzard community manager Caydiem said Garona was half-orc and half-draenei, but Garona's remarked about humanoid parentage before and doesn't have any draenei features. She could also be a Mok'Nathal half-ogre, like Rexxar.
    Taken from the archives http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/28/k...ona-halforcen/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    But how the fuck are these filmmakers planning on making the film look attractive/enticing to the mainstream audience out there, who will view this trailer and think its absolute trash not worth seeing??? Those are the people who will make or break this films box office fortunes, and take with it any chance or hope of sequels...
    I have to disagree.

I think this trailer is precisely meant for the mainstream audience, and the trailers we've seen previously were more aimed at fans. It's a smart move. This trailer actually gave me more hope for the movie as I like this newest trailer the most.

Looking forward to this alot, and i loved this trailer...BUT HOLY SHIT WHY do they keep using really unfitting music in the trailers. I'm sure the movie will be fine music-wise, but jesus christ they couldn't have picked more unfitting music for a WARCRAFT trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastuross View Post
    Looking forward to this alot, and i loved this trailer...BUT HOLY SHIT WHY do they keep using really unfitting music in the trailers. I'm sure the movie will be fine music-wise, but jesus christ they couldn't have picked more unfitting music for a WARCRAFT trailer.
    I do agree its too wubby, I think that makes non wow people go oh this is one of those trashy fantasy movies that dont set a tone that relates to the era.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was that an editing error around 1:18? Looks like he's on a giant red balloon when I think its supposed to be a griffin...

Seriously, WTF is this?
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2016-04-19 at 06:16 PM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Music was terrible. Doesn't fit, at all. I'd love hear the reason they chose it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastuross View Post
    BUT HOLY SHIT WHY do they keep using really unfitting music in the trailers.
    Probably to grab the attention of the mainstream audience that's interested in any action-fantasy movie. They already know fans of the franchise will go see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Looks great cant wait to see it.

Do i think it will be better then LotR nope, but do i think i will enjoy this movie: Yes i will.
    That's a pretty low standard to meet IMO.

I agree the music was really weird.

I was hoping a trailer would use the original cinematic's music, at least in part.

I liked the prior trailer(s) a bit better. There's something missing, and I can't quite put my finger on exactly what it is. Still, I'll definitely go see it in the theaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Was that an editing error around 1:18? Looks like he's on a giant red balloon when I think its supposed to be a griffin...

Seriously, WTF is this?
    It's not a gryphon, just edited to look like the gryphon crashes through the wall.

Whatever crashed into the wall, he goes out the window and the next clip he's hanging outside, against the wall, holding onto straps or whatever with his feet against the wall. Looks like it's part of an escape.

Liked the trailer, hated the music they chose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It's not a gryphon, just edited to look like the gryphon crashes through the wall.

Whatever crashed into the wall, he goes out the window and the next clip he's hanging outside, against the wall, holding onto straps or whatever with his feet against the wall. Looks like it's part of an escape.
    I see, either way that's pretty sloppy that it made it to an official trailer. Wait are you saying this is intentional? Sorry I am confused now.

A very muddled meh/10 for me.

I actually enjoyed the previous work of the director so I'm sure I'll still go see it in theaters but I think the studio may be trying way too hard to make this movie "feel" like LotR to broaden its appeal when none of the lore really fits. The CGI looked pretty unfinished too, which is alarming for a movie set to be released in less than 3 months. And that music? Who in the actual fuck thought that was a good idea???

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think the music works for a modern movie, but I do prefer the orchestral swells of WoW's traditional music - I'm hoping they include it along with some of the more modern beats. That aside it looks pretty good, a bit of a retelling of Warcraft I and II with a bit more added drama/plot as is suitable for a true narrative version of events. I'll go see it, so that's 2-3 tickets sold.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I see, either way that's pretty sloppy that it made it to an official trailer. Wait are you saying this is intentional? Sorry I am confused now.
    It's 100% not a gryphon.

Whatever it is, it's INSIDE the building and smashing outwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    which is alarming for a movie set to be released in less than 3 months.
    Where are you getting 3 months from? It's releasing in 5 weeks.

Seriously, WTF is this?
    Based on a clip from a previously trailer, I'm pretty sure it's an earth elemental/golem-type thing.