Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Except for the shitton of bugs everywhere. Seriously, the phasing bugs in the most recent build aren't fun at all... and some of the world quests lacking kill credit isn't fun either.

Basically the raid-encounters need some polishing, but they mostly all seem done. The last L110 zone Suramar, still needs added, the class order halls and mission campaigns for every class need to be finished, lots of bugs need removed, classes and specs need a balance check and pass. Music, cinematics and loading screens, and maybe then the game is ready to go. Seems to me like 2-3 months of development time is still needed.
    Were you ever in any of the beta's from vanilla on? These are all things that used to happen in betas before, and from my personal experience testing this alpha its going to be in beta for like a month. Bugs exist in this game, they will always exist, the annoying phasing thing will be fixed next build, hell wod beta had "game breaking bugs" up til release, game breaking bugs are not something the testers find, blizzard knows about them and works to fix them internal, we test for the minor bugs that they wouldn't find through normal internal testing (and spelling errors, god blizzard needs a spell check, check the meta glyph for dh "meatamorphasis")

With where they are now, and comparing to previous tests of expansions I've been in (tbc, wotlk, mop and wod) without throwing nomenclature around, we are well on track for a july release.

edit: apparently the phasing bug was fixed, my bad, was playing OW :P

Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    Sry to upset you, but it is the truth.

/cry
    I love when people base their opinions off of someone else's opinion. Rather than listening to what a person who makes their income off of riling people up has to say, you should check out videos of unbiased streamers/you tubers (asmongold, finalbosstv, etc) and see what the content actually looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    we found a time traveler guys.
    apparently you can see into the future.
    What's up now? I was off by one day.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    What's up now? I was off by one day.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/201...t-30-4-18-2016

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Even the devs get confused on what to call it (Muffinus call it beta here on the front page). The beta where they open it up to more people is going to be very short - 4 weeks max in my opinion. They are only going to open it up for stress tests as there won't be any big game-breaking bugs anymore.

So, I had my auntie read her tea leaves and she says the pre-patch will be out in middle May and the expansion end of June, early July.

And I trust my auntie as she also correctly predicted that the Bulls will beat the Reds on Saturday.
    It literally says "beta x64" in the bottom left of the screen when you login. Previously it said "Alpha x64". I think you're confusing beta and open beta.

Do we have a number of how many people who visit mmo-champion are in the Beta?

Deleted
    Wake me when they hit lambda and hl3 is confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    They used the garrison mission board because it actually was a good idea it was just terribly executed. As a tester i can say this mission board is better, STOP GETTING YOUR FACTS FROM STREAMERS AND YOUTUBERS. Half of the information going around is one person's opinion that already has in their mind " I hate WoD so therefore anything used from WoD is bad" which is false. Don't knock it before you try it.
    Ultimately you just have to consider your source. HeelzVsBabyFace has been a Blizzard hater for a very long time. IMO his arguments have always been ignorant and short sighted. But hey angry youtube rants generate views so there ya go. Just sayin that if you give alpha/beta/whatever access to a hater, you can;t expect glowing review to come out of it.

Personally I get my youtube kick from Preacher, I almost universally end up agreeing with his logic on things and I find him to be typically pretty even on the spectrum of hater vs fanboy.

alpha/beta is just a label. doesn't mean much at this point. the current state of alpha is just as good as previous betas, though. just depends on which builds you compare so it could go either way.

it couldn't be released tomorrow without tremendous trouble and bitching because of bugs. but those bugs aren't world ending, just stuff like not being able to finish a quest chain or turn something in. they may have those fixed on an internal build already.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh sure, it looks like it's in an early beta state. But they're still calling it alpha, and aren't inviting anyone but big streamers.

Maybe they'll pull an Onlywatch on Legion and ONLY invite Streamers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Do we have a number of how many people who visit mmo-champion are in the Beta?
    Here's one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Oh sure, it looks like it's in an early beta state. But they're still calling it alpha, and aren't inviting anyone but big streamers.

they have invited people that don't stream and aren't connected to blizzard through family or friend

Deleted
    People watch this guy for information? On every vid he just talks shit and has no idea what is going on or what the future plans are of Wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

They invite a lot of people who aren't streamers lol, i bet if you got an invite you'd not say such a thing. I play on the alpha and i can tell you a lot of people have the alpha.

7+ Year Old Account
    I stream and i didn't get a beta invite yet.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

If this is the case I would only like to pop in and wish you guys all the fun with garrison 2.0.
    why are you following this website if you're not gonna play the fucking game it covers?
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

I think something people need to remember, at least when compared to the last couple expansions, there isn't much off game content. There is no motorcycle vids. No animated shorts, burdens or lords of war. All they have to keep the hype is announcements and some movie trailers and videos of people playing the alpha. It'll go beta with a big announcement. The state of it isn't important, other then to use as hype when they "officially" name it beta.

Deleted
    well of course it is in Beta state.
    Any software that has not been released is in beta.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fincayra View Post
    why are you following this website if you're not gonna play the fucking game it covers?
    because I really want to love this game but its getting more and more difficult.

because I really want to love this game but its getting more and more difficult.
    Interesting, what in particular from legion do you despise?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Interesting, what in particular from legion do you despise?
    The short answer:

The Continuation of the game design decision of "everyone gets a trophy mentality". Today WoW is like communism compared to Vanilla->Wotlk.

re-implementation of "the Facebook game" after 2 successive failures (one was the patch with the ship yard missions).

Zone level scaling. This means zone will literally scale with your level. This will remove the sense of progression of going from zone to zone.

Artifact weapons. Everybody is going to use their artifact weapons. This means that you'll never ever again experience the thrill of getting a new weapon from a boss *poof* that is gone.

You can test/buy characters close to max level. I thought this feature was only for bad private servers.