Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    Most of the Feedback given on reputations were because they had no rewards, 5x the same boar/wolf is simply not worth the grind, from my own experience and everything i've heard about that topic so far.
    Its not really the rewards at all, its more that you need to kill 100.000 of the same mobs like in vanilla (i cant even see a furbolg before i get a nightmare flashback)
    And if you see rewards from vanilla reputations its not worth it aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
    Please stop posting this garbage petition. It is not indicative of numbers at all. I signed it with derp mcderp, and then I signed the same petition again as Towelliee McHammerface. That petition is a joke.
    Yeah lets all act like everything is perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Also, what makes me laugh even harder, is that you think only 200k would bother sign up. You have conjured up this entire reality inside your head where everyone loves old content and hates Blizzard. That's just what the world looks like inside your bubble.
    Actually i was asking for the premise of actually bothering to sign a petition, but your wrath of defending your anti social game went over your head. Its okay, "there there buddy", don't rage now.

- - - Updated - - -

Please stop posting this garbage petition. It is not indicative of numbers at all. I signed it with derp mcderp, and then I signed the same petition again as Towelliee McHammerface. That petition is a joke.
    Its good that you support the cause while your insignificant comments probably dont have any likes, thus being in the far back of the pile. GG. Nice to see the mentality of the "i want everything easy" and "i hate socializing" aka Anti-Vanilla crowd can be so helpful to such an important cause.

Quote Originally Posted by 0x0a View Post
    Yeah lets all act like everything is perfectly fine.
    Who said everything was fine? The fact is that the numbers on that petition are no where close to true.
    GM of Death Jesters - Stormrage US - Daddy Ashbringer
    Twitch.tv/spartysmallwood
    Building a better community, one player at a time.

I actually signed it as sodapoppintv and it worked just saying
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

To be honest I would say that people going to such childish lengths in order to discredit a petition is more of a joke than the actual petition.

What is keeping you Pro-Vanilla guys from socializing in modern WoW?
    If you care so much for the community why will you split it up into different version and be isolated in your own little content-patch-wide world?

If they gave you vanilla, it wouldn't be too long to ask for specific versions 1.1. - 1.2 - 1.2.1... Do you see how ridiculous this is?

There is one World of Warcraft. The world changes. Come back to the original WoW - the REAL WoW.
    Vanilla Players - We can use your enthusiasm for the game - enrich the world so that it may live again in it's glory of the past!

The point is that there is no verification system in place to /sign the petition. That is why it is discredited.

When you have a very valid issue such as this one, and a high number of very passionate players, you need to verify that people who do support the issue are NOT doing what I did.

I'd love to see a petition for Nostralius where there is some kind of verification.
    GM of Death Jesters - Stormrage US - Daddy Ashbringer
    Twitch.tv/spartysmallwood
    Building a better community, one player at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGod888 View Post
    If you care so much for the community why will you split it up into different version and be isolated in your own little content-patch-wide world?

If they gave you vanilla, it wouldn't be too long to ask for specific versions 1.1. - 1.2 - 1.2.1... Do you see how ridiculous this is?

There is one World of Warcraft. The world changes. Come back to the original WoW - the REAL WoW.
    Vanilla Players - We can use your enthusiasm for the game - enrich the world so that it may live again in it's glory of the past!
    I think legacy servers might actually entice people to come back and play on both types of servers. I actually want the Vanilla/BC folks to come back and push the game back into the direction of an actual MMO again as opposed to this lobby game. MMO's are better when you have to work together and socialize in order to achieve. The instant gratification being removed would do much for bringing older players back.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me for my obvious ignorance, but how is the current WoW any more social than Vanilla WoW?

The game keeps us from socializing. The game keeps people out of the world. The game keeps people from needing to play with other players. The game did not used to be like this. Thus, why people want to play Vanilla. If you look at the philosopher Adam Smith, all people act in their own best interests. This means that in the aggregate people will do what makes their character better. If the game makes it so that the player no longer needs to interact with the world, then most players will no longer do that. The world is what made WoW great. It is what currently makes the game so bad.

The players on Nost found that if they returned, their would be an ample community to play in a world with them.

If one thing should be known that this thread has ballooned to almost 1k pages in one week. Vanilla needs to happen again. I still play WoD, but given the chance, on a Blizzard supported server, I would return to vanilla in a heartbeat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    There seems to absolutely no, zero, zilch, nada correlation between how much money or time or people Blizzard has working on a project, and how prolific that team is.
    None that you're aware of.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Excuse me for my obvious ignorance, but how is the current WoW any more social than Vanilla WoW?
    Current WoW has Twitter integration. #savagelysocial

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    The game keeps us from socializing. The game keeps people out of the world. The game keeps people from needing to play with other players. The game did not used to be like this. Thus, why people want to play Vanilla. If you look at the philosopher Adam Smith, all people act in their own best interests. This means that in the aggregate people will do what makes their character better. If the game makes it so that the player no longer needs to interact with the world, then most players will no longer do that. The world is what made WoW great. It is what currently makes the game so bad.

The players on Nost found that if they returned, their would be an ample community to play in a world with them.

If one thing should be known that this thread has ballooned to almost 1k pages in one week. Vanilla needs to happen again. I still play WoD, but given the chance, on a Blizzard supported server, I would return to vanilla in a heartbeat.
    I remember that time that I went in and soloed all of Normal, heroic AND mythic HFC. Good times, good times.

The point is that there is no verification system in place to /sign the petition. That is why it is discredited.

When you have a very valid issue such as this one, and a high number of very passionate players, you need to verify that people who do support the issue are NOT doing what I did.

I'd love to see a petition for Nostralius where there is some kind of verification.
    This 100%. There is no way even half of those signatures are either legit or not botted to death. Blizzard will think the same. They will look at this petition and consider it a joke. All we have now are very popular people getting their best friends with high twitter followers to sign something they truly might not even believe in. And no offense to the people leading this charge but 75% of focal people who are spear heading this have either been shunned by Blizzard or banned by them several times in the past for breaking ToS, and bashing WoW over the last several years. This doesn't help the situation at all. This is like making Johnny Manziel the head of the Players Association in the NFL.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Current WoW has Twitter integration. #savagelysocial
    Ah yea, first "big" content patch. Great social memories of me alone at the stairs of the Lich King with my S.E.L.F.I.E toy.

I think there has to be a correlation between those that claim that they can't socialize in this version of the game, and the people that whinge on forums.

This has to be tested! Methodically! With interviews of several focus groups!

Deleted
    Alas give us Vannila with slow progression to WOTLK where everything should END

You guys really don't give the Vanilla community any credit. They had almost 1MM subscribers. That would be the equivalent of 25 current servers at full. What is more is that many people didn't play on Nost because they did not want to change their IP file or didn't want to take part in a private server. Additionally even more had no idea that Nost was even running. So you all keep saying it is not that many people who are interested in Vanilla. I contend it is many more. 859k people were willing to join a server by downloading the game (possibly again from scratch), change a config file, and play on a server where they had no expectation of protection. That is fricking amazing. That is currently close to 1/4 of the current subscriber base. I would say triple that, and you have how many people would pay Blizzard to play on a vanilla server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    I think there has to be a correlation between those that claim that they can't socialize in this version of the game, and the people that whinge on forums.
    Hold on, need to log into WoW and idle in my Garrison to prove your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    What is more is that many people didn't play on Nost because they did not want to change their IP file or didn't want to take part in a private server.
    Additionally, i had several failed attempts at even downloading the client (That firefox downloader plugin was terrible) and gave up, so at least i never got to give it another try. But hey, im just one person, a very insignificant one.
    Last edited by zmp; 2016-04-19 at 08:36 PM.