Quote Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
    Please stop posting this garbage petition. It is not indicative of numbers at all. I signed it with derp mcderp, and then I signed the same petition again as Towelliee McHammerface. That petition is a joke.
    I'm not here to tell you what to do or what not to do... but if you do not support an idea, might be a good idea not to sign petitions that give it volume. And especially not twice.

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Isn't is counter productive to pad numbers through famous people and have people sign something they don't even know what they might be signing? Wouldn't Blizzard want to truly know who supports this. Isn't that the point of the petition? To have Blizzard say HEY these people actually care about bringing back this time in history for these specific players? Not having them read the filth and disgusting comments already there. I feel like the direction this is taking is all wrong. People actually think at 200k legacy servers will be done. People ACTUALLY believe this. Not good.
    for all the people that geniuenly want legacy servers, there are quite a few thatfucks them over in that precuit by doing all that crap. doeant help that those individuals keeps bragging about padding the petition etc, just leaves the legacy guys in a much more poor situation to have a leg in.

Im not one of the people that want a legacy server, did all the expasions, dont feel the need to play them again but for the people that want it - this kind of stuff is just doing wrecking dmg to anything they muster.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    for all the people that geniuenly want legacy servers, there are quite a few thatfucks them over in that precuit by doing all that crap. doeant help that those individuals keeps bragging about padding the petition etc, just leaves the legacy guys in a much more poor situation to have a leg in.

Im not one of the people that want a legacy server, did all the expasions, dont feel the need to play them again but for the people that want it - this kind of stuff is just doing wrecking dmg to anything they muster.
    See I wouldn't mind Legacy servers. But this is like wrong time to try and bring them in. During the close release of a new expansion. Even if they said OK we will consider them for the future we would have no idea when. Blizzard is not going to create these servers in next 4 months because of this. They have an expansion to launch and would obviously want players playing that rather then a legacy server. First this was all about NoS servers and allowing us to play on them. That with a little work and permission from Blizzard (legal mumb jumbo lol probably never) could have been a future possibility. Then saving NoS turned into us wanting them to release Legacy servers. That escalation is not a 4 month project in which probably the devs have no say.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Well.. Rather than Legacy servers.. Blizzard could fix the current game.

The current low levelling content is terrible. Even without Heirlooms mobs are basically 2-shot, Heirlooms 1 shot. Played yesterday levels 1-15, and it's generally a souless experience. Because mobs die so fast, a handful of players can run through annihilating everything they can touch - and thanks to cross-realm - you are never alone. It's worse than an Xpac Launch +1 minute.

Compare this to 'Vanilla' WoW where each and every mob had to be taken down, it wasn't a matter of 'tag everything in site before those other bastards'.

So call it Nostalgia, but I signed the 'Vanilla' Petition - even though I'd never consider going on one of these private servers.

The amazing thing is that Blizzard incentived the 1-20 level-up through Hearthstone, when it's such a broken experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    It enables the douchebaggery that's overly abundant within the current game. Raid content should require a guild of players. Dungeons should require coordination, CC, thinking, paying attention to mechanics, leveling should take a long time and include group quests that are rewarding. Heirlooms should be reworked to not have proper stats. You should want to run RFD 3-5 times trying to get that cold rage dagger. Hell, just make leveling take so long that even with 50% you'll spend 10 days played getting to cap.
    Should you? By what standard? Who's standards? How many months don't people spend getting through mythic content? Outside of the regular race guilds that finish it within a couple of weeks.
    Hitting your head against a wall just... Because is pretty pointless. I much prefer the high skill cap reaction requiring raiding content compared to " Hit this for 10 mins, healers take care of curses, don't stack too close"

raids have never had more mechanics, nor as tasking requirements than they do now.

Don't want heirlooms? Don't fucking use them.

My subs could give two craps about WoW that is not why they Sub. Learn to Twitch. There is just no legitimate way to tell Blizzard these are all valid signatures. That's all. And my statements aren't bold they are factual. From streaming on Twitch for 5 years the people leading this brigade are not on Blizzards "hey we will listen to you" list. And when I do say negative things about Blizzard like I did today/in past with their lack of content toward end of expansion, or cross realm affecting social aspects of WoW, or leveling being too easy not fearful, I do it with calm logical sensible attitude. I don't go on a YouTube rant tirade about how everyone should hate them because I said so.
    Saying half the signatures aren't legit is not a fact, or that 75% of focal people who are spear heading this have either been shunned by Blizzard or banned. Yes there is no way to tell how many signatures are legit, that is a fact, but we don't know how many. For the record I watch your stream and your subs do very much like wow. Even though soda was being overdramatic, he was making good points. I like your stream man, I just can't help but feel like you are a little biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Saying half the signatures aren't legit is not a fact, or that 75% of focal people who are spear heading this have either been shunned by Blizzard or banned. Yes there is no way to tell how many signatures are legit, that is a fact, but we don't know how many. For the record I watch your stream and your subs do very much like wow. Even though soda was being overdramatic, he was making good points. I like your stream man, I just can't help but feel like you are a little biased.
    Can't be really biased if I was trying to play vanilla for the longest ans even got my channel times out for doing it lol. I am just thinking logically on the situation of what is realistic and no possible.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Should you? By what standard? Who's standards? How many months don't people spend getting through mythic content? Outside of the regular race guilds that finish it within a couple of weeks.
    Hitting your head against a wall just... Because is pretty pointless. I much prefer the high skill cap reaction requiring raiding content compared to " Hit this for 10 mins, healers take care of curses, don't stack too close"

raids have never had more mechanics, nor as tasking requirements than they do now.

Don't want heirlooms? Don't fucking use them.
    I am not claiming raids aren't difficult on Mythic. They are vastly more complex on Mythic. I simply don't like "everybody gets a trophy". The focus on the journey needs to be encouraged. I think that's the biggest attitude shift. It's all about the destination now. I want to be capped as fast as possible because leveling has no challenge and is just throw away content... The journey and destination should be equal parts.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I am not claiming raids aren't difficult on Mythic. They are vastly more complex on Mythic. I simply don't like "everybody gets a trophy". The focus on the journey needs to be encouraged. I think that's the biggest attitude shift. It's all about the destination now. I want to be capped as fast as possible because leveling has no challenge and is just throw away content... The journey and destination should be equal parts.
    The thing is, we're approaching a point where I'm under the impression that we're encountering fewer new players, and simply rerolls. Having tedious content when you just want to reroll would likely, note:likely, bug more people than it would make an enjoyable experience for.

Everyone gets a medal? I sure as heck would prefer my medal to be gold, and not plastic painted shiny. That's the difference. Knowing the value of what you worked for.

http://www.pcinvasion.com/ex-world-o...izzard-vanilla

Interview with Mark Kern, developer of official Vanilla wow An interesting read...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Isn't is counter productive to pad numbers through famous people and have people sign something they don't even know what they might be signing? Wouldn't Blizzard want to truly know who supports this. Isn't that the point of the petition? To have Blizzard say HEY these people actually care about bringing back this time in history for these specific players? Not having them read the filth and disgusting comments already there. I feel like the direction this is taking is all wrong. People actually think at 200k legacy servers will be done. People ACTUALLY believe this. Not good.
    No doubt, padding numbers is a bad idea. My point still stands that it is counter productive to try make an accurate estimate of which percentage of the votes are legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    The thing is, we're approaching a point where I'm under the impression that we're encountering fewer new players, and simply rerolls. Having tedious content when you just want to reroll would likely, note:likely, bug more people than it would make an enjoyable experience for.

Everyone gets a medal? I sure as heck would prefer my medal to be gold, and not plastic painted shiny. That's the difference. Knowing the value of what you worked for.
    We are entering that period because there's nothing to strive for. The game is only fun at cap and that's fleeting because the effort is no longer required. You shouldn't be able to see the last boss in a game if you can't grasp basic fundamentals of your class, but that's another debate. Preach really nailed it with his Accessibility and Apathy video he did a couple years back.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Can't be really biased if I was trying to play vanilla for the longest ans even got my channel times out for doing it lol. I am just thinking logically on the situation of what is realistic and no possible.
    I would however say that despite the votes not being legitimate, if legacy was tied to the normal sub fee, 99% of players on retail would give it a shot for fun, and maybe a lot more than had anticipated would actually enjoy playing there. It would also alleviate some issues during content droughts as you could go and play other expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I doubt blizzard ever makes low level content hard again. I mean, we are going to be up to level 110. They want to get people into endgame asap.
    It's not making low level content hard - it wasn't that hard back in the day. It's making it meaningful. And, well, basically... Not shit.

If I was a new player, trying to quest, but finding every quest mob has been killed by some hunter one-shotting everything in a 40 yard radius. I'm not going to make it to level 20, let alone 110.

Not sure why, but in current wow low players do more damage than back in 'Vanilla'. So it's more a matter of tagging, than using abilities. It really is quite a shit experience, and not one which would give a great impression of the game to any newbies.

Why is it people are against legacy / progression servers? The game is made, patches are made, everything is set in stone.

What is the big problem if people would like to SUPPORT Blizzard if they made these kind of servers?

I know I would do it instant. And atm I WONT play WOD or Legion. And there is so many gamers like me, that would LOVE to pay to play wow as I did 10 years ago.

You can call it nostalgia, but I know its much more than that. Its to play the game I did as a young teenager where WoW felt like a real world, where travel, community, economy and the character progression meant more than just a lvl 100 boost. Where it was a journey with your character through good and bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipton View Post
    Well.. Rather than Legacy servers.. Blizzard could fix the current game.

The current low levelling content is terrible. Even without Heirlooms mobs are basically 2-shot, Heirlooms 1 shot. Played yesterday levels 1-15, and it's generally a souless experience. Because mobs die so fast, a handful of players can run through annihilating everything they can touch - and thanks to cross-realm - you are never alone. It's worse than an Xpac Launch +1 minute.

Compare this to 'Vanilla' WoW where each and every mob had to be taken down, it wasn't a matter of 'tag everything in site before those other bastards'.

So call it Nostalgia, but I signed the 'Vanilla' Petition - even though I'd never consider going on one of these private servers.

The amazing thing is that Blizzard incentived the 1-20 level-up through Hearthstone, when it's such a broken experience.
    I'll never understand why people equate tedium with challenge. Yeah, I totally miss killing one or two mobs then sitting and drinking for 30 seconds before repeating, so immersive and fun! Oops, pulled three things by accident, time for a corpse run, I am blessed by this time spent doing nothing of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxkz View Post
    I would however say that despite the votes not being legitimate, if legacy was tied to the normal sub fee, 99% of players on retail would give it a shot for fun, and maybe a lot more than had anticipated would actually enjoy playing there. It would also alleviate some issues during content droughts as you could go and play other expansions.
    Thank you, this is so spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

We are entering that period because there's nothing to strive for. The game is only fun at cap and that's fleeting because the effort is no longer required. You shouldn't be able to see the last boss in a game if you can't grasp basic fundamentals of your class, but that's another debate. Preach really nailed it with his Accessibility and Apathy video he did a couple years back.
    "You can't see the last boss without grasping the fundamentals of your class."
    All I'm seeing is you either A: Grossly underestimating the playerbase. While LFR is certainly not something that requires skill, it requires basic understanding of the game and your class.
    B: Treat archimonde LFR as the same quality boss as Mythic Archimonde.

The difference in Vanilla, or TBC-Wrath, is that if you couldn't be shoehorned into fitting a specific mould and scheduel, you'd be left behind and unable to progress greatly. I know this because I was pretty young at the time. I still MT'd and OT'd, although quite rarely.
    It's not like you weren't gearing towards raiding back in the day, there was just way worse loot, with even worse loot pools( bosses dropping 20+ items, 4 maybe being useful?)
    It was artifical difficulty. It didn't test your skill. It tested your ability to repeat the same action over and over until you were lucky enough not to be ninjaed or had enough DKP to ensure your other raiders didn't get poached before you did.

99% eh? First of all it shouldn't be the same price because they are having to provide extra work to make those things happen. And sure a chunk of people would check them out and then they'd stop fairly quickly. Vanilla might hook some returning players and it might shun some people that have been playing with a lot of the features they like. But you just can't say 99%. That is just trying to pad your case.

and maybe a lot more than had anticipated would actually enjoy playing there. It would also alleviate some issues during content droughts as you could go and play other expansions.
    Right, people have been forgiving of " rehashed content" imagine now
    OHMYGOD IT'S THE SAME STUFF OVER AND OVER AGAIN ON THE SERVER

Other point: "Maybe a lot more than had been anticipated would actually enjoy playing there"
    Yeah, and then people would notice that it's a server... Consiting of a permanent drought in new content.