Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it okay to take gear if there is no stated loot rules?

So the other night I set up a heroic HFC 13/13 clear and I didn't put any loot rules in the description. I only listed it as 11/13m lead full clear heroic HFC. Naturally I got several people signing up. At all bosses that dropped lock gear, I took whatever I needed to gear him up.

We'll I had some idiots cursing and yelling at me in raid chat, but I told them there were no loot rules established and since I was the loot master, I was taking anything that was an upgrade for me.

Isnt it standard protocol that if no loot rules are stated, the raid leader can do anything they want regarding boss drops?

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually no. In the absence of any prior rules, the default that is assumed is that people roll on whatever they want and get whatever they win. That's the baseline understanding in any PUG loot situation and it transcends online gaming - you roll, highest wins.

You should have specified beforehand that you were taking anything you wanted. Plenty of people would have been fine with it if you were upfront. People don't like feeling that they're being robbed though, which they will even if the rules being broken are unwritten.

highest roll wins, essentially your making 9 other people gear you up. pathetic.

It's lame, but you cant be banned for that. Not loot rules stated + Master loot = you do whatever you want.

By Blizzard's rules, you're right. If you as the master looter haven't said anything, you can take whatever you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and then in this none existent scenario you had to fill up the raid after a dozen people left after each boss.

That could have been relevant if any of this has actually happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you being serious? So you think it's okay to be a complete ass just because you didn't say you weren't going to? Really? What's wrong with you?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can, doing so just means you're a giant douchebag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Why am I not surprised this is a Jaylock thread?

It isn't against the rules, but it is a dick move, and you can expect an uproar.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure this thread is bait...

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Ninja-Looting
    You already know the question your looking for.

Deleted
    Don't be a dick man

Technically allowed, but you'd have to be a giant piece of shit to actually handle loot like that. Also, you'll ruin your reputation on the server.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Why am I not surprised this is a Jaylock thread?
    Major "Oooooh" moment.

Yeah never mind.

Deleted
    omg jaylock has a twitch channel

sad times it has 0 broadcasts tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Technically allowed, but you'd have to be a giant piece of shit to actually handle loot like that. Also, you'll ruin your reputation on the server.
    I'm not sure it really matters though this late in the patch cycle. And most of the randoms are from other servers, so server reputation doesn't matter. Plus I'm in a mythic guild, we are treated well on our server from everyone.

Question for everyone: if YOU were in a run like mine, would you get upset and childishly leave when no loot rules were stated?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Question for everyone: if YOU were in a run like mine, would you get upset and childishly leave when no loot rules were stated?
    Only if the ML starts robbing the drops without making that clear, standard should be highest roll wins. I'm just guessing wildly here but I believe most people don't join a raid because they want to socialize with nice helpful talkative people that are all too common in our community.
    You're not being very kind if you think the default is ML gets all and anyone who's not up for that can fuck off and die. That's exactly what the raid leader makes clear before people waste their time.

A group effort results in shared loot unless anything else is stated. Gear is the end goal for many players, taking that away is taking away all the motivation to actually waste time and effort to help you.

The only time it's ok to take the gear for yourself is if nobody needs it and you happen to be an enchanter or just wants vendor gold, that's pretty common.
    Last edited by Saft; 2016-04-19 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm not sure it really matters though this late in the patch cycle. And most of the randoms are from other servers, so server reputation doesn't matter. Plus I'm in a mythic guild, we are treated well on our server from everyone.

If I needed things you were likely to take, I would leave immediately, after bitching up a storm the first time you pulled this stunt.