Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Well, I like it, both the trailer and the music.
    It is trailer anyway, game will most likely have orchestra. Bite my ass :P
    This isn't for the game, it's for the movie.

Deleted
    I dont get it, the trailer says 10th of June, and the Bnet homepage for Germany says "In theatres May 26th". So I get it 2 full weeks earlier?! #confused

Keep in mind they are not going to market this for wow players, as we're already likely to go watch it. I've generally found the promo stuff to be really bad, but more due to the decisions on what/how to show the content rather than the actual content. So... it's just not aimed at me.

God, that trailer music is fucking terrible. This isn't Bald Guy Action Movie #34. BYEAW BYEAW dtdtdtdtdtdtdtdt BYEAW BYEAW dtdtdtdtdtdtdtdt fuck off with this turn of the century horseshit noise.

There's no saving the marketing for this movie. I hope they're really cherrypicking the little douchey quip parts--I want to stay as far as possible from the Whedon "style", where "style" is giving it too much credit entirely.

The posters for the movie continue to be a major disappointment. What a waste of an opportunity. They're going to lose tickets because of it - they need to push the art style and fantasy of it. They're making action movie posters - and not very good ones at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I still find it laughable how some of the armor and weapons in that movie look like they belong in LARP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    They are targeting the audience that actually needs the marketing, decided to just put that out right on the table in simple terms, in case your brain couldn't comprehend the idea behind that trailer. The audience that is aware of Warcraft and knew there'll be a Warcraft movie long before the movie was announced will go to see the movie one way or another. Show me a fan of Warcraft who doesn't know about the movie yet. Now show me a random fellow on the street which would never see the movie if it wasn't for the "pop" kind of advertising. See?
    That's why LOTR's and The Hobbit had Moby in their trailers, right? And The Harry Potter trailers had metal core. Right?

A trailer helps set the mood. The music is appropriate for an action movie like The Fast and Furious, not a sword and sorcery themed fantasy.

This marketing department has their head up their ass - between the music and the posters, they're fucking up. Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    Gul'dan gets into a fistfight with Durotan? Yeah right.
    No he doesn't.

I liked this one. Better for a larger market

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first trailer that I liked.

That trailer was hard as fuck! I do agree with some other posts here though about the music. So many good orchestra scores from the Warcraft catalog could have been used for the second trailer. I hope we get to hear more horns and drums like orgrimmar's theme music.

Yeah, music in the trailer was good and well timed, but still misplaced for the theme they need to carry. If they wanted "drums", they should've taken the mop cinematic and cut the chinese part out - one of the best cinematics (musicwise) they made IMHO.

And still I'm unsure about the art they gone with ... I know warcraft has a unique, comical style, but the scenes right now look still "misplaced" like bad cgi. Like the screne in front of stormwind. it's like they cut out 20 single pictures and glued them all together.

I will watch the movie for sure, but still I pray it won't suck. Baby Jesus ... err, Thrall was the hardest to watch. It's like watching glitter force with my daughter :P

10+ Year Old Account
    How many people see the word unite as untie?

what so they are not going to roll wod in to the battlechest like every expansion?

I heard that that in order to attract younger audience, the 3rd Warcraft Movie Trailer will have dank memes in it.
    Last edited by Diggy; 2016-04-19 at 11:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a great choice of music for the trailer. Well timed and edited, but wrong stylistically.

Still, it's just a trailer. The real soundtrack is being done by the Game of Thrones composer.

"You'll have me to protect you"
    "I need no one to protect me"

*Cue scene with female orc carving up the battlefield*

Yeah... Cringe... It's like they built a time machine and pulled through a scriptwriter from the year 2000 to write this dialogue.

"Ima stwong independent woman who dun need no man".

F*** me...

Terrible trailer, just a crap-fest. Yeah when I think of Warcraft I think of dubstep or whatever crappy techno they are using.

its a trialer, trailers use different music than what it used in the actuall movies, Ramin Djawadi responsible for the movie score, and he did some good shit...chill the fuck out ppl
    Last edited by odinslayer; 2016-04-20 at 12:16 AM. Reason: forgot to add "Ramin Djawadi responsible for the movie score"

Prodigy ! Why not Smack My Bitch Up tho?