Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Um no in this case been patient and waiting for the CE screws you, you pay more and dont get perks
    If you buy the physical CE you get all the perks of the digital version minus the early access to playing a DH, but in turn you get all the digital goodies, an art book, the soundtrack, a mousepad, hearthstone packs, and a behind the scenes DVD/Bluray. Seems like being patient is a better bargain. If you don't care about the physical rewards then the digital CE is for you, just don't complain you have to buy the game twice to get the physical gifts.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Do you guys not read. The CE gets all the same benefits in a physical box, but you have to wait to get the physical box and enter the key. The digital deluxe download allows you to get it earlier. Time is the only difference that I can see.
    Pretty much.

The physical CE comes with physical items, such as the book. The digital CE comes with the early release of demon hunter. If you want the early release, you have to buy both. However, in doing so, you will get a credit to your account in the amount of the digital CE.

Or as the above poster stated haha. I'm getting on release date via Amazon. I can play a DH a week later than everyone else. Been playing them in Alpha anyways.

Yeah it really does suck for those of us who like lining up boxes on their shelf
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    If you buy the physical CE you get all the perks of the digital version minus the early access to playing a DH, but in turn you get all the digital goodies, an art book, the soundtrack, a mousepad, hearthstone packs, and a behind the scenes DVD/Bluray. Seems like being patient is a better bargain. If you don't care about the physical rewards then the digital CE is for you, just don't complain you have to buy the game twice to get the physical gifts.
    I think those ppl have the right to complain, they had satisfactory resolution in the past by crediting gametime and they do it with other Blizz games. They also said it at Blizzcon, I just find it strange they would want to upset a lot of their loyal fans when they can fix it easily and right now i would think Blizz would want any good publicity

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Um no in this case been patient and waiting for the CE screws you, you pay more and dont get perks
    You get different perks. You still get perks.

Either way, you don't have to buy the game twice to get the CE.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was given the refund difference in the past... that sucks.

Deleted
    No you don't. Learn to read.

You have to but the game twice ONLY if you want the early access and the 100 boost before Legion hits.

You can buy the normal digital edition, btw., don't need the deluxe. Still stupid that you get credited with a key instead of money or gametime, but at least it's cheaper then the deluxe version.

Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    Being impatient will cost you more money, that is the point of the digital versions of any game. You want instant gratification so you pay for it but you don't get the same incentives as those who are patient and wait for their physical copy. Seems like a fair game in my opinion.
    I think you misunderstand. Being "impatient" ie buying the digital deluxe and getting into the game asap, actually costs LESS money, not more. Buying the most expensive edition, the collectors edition, and being "patient" actually costs MORE and doesn't include early access unless you want to give blizzard a free, no-interest loan in the amount of the game until yours comes in the mail (ie buying a second copy). Makes no sense when they could send out keys out when you buy the collectors edition to allow for early access. Collectors edition should include EVERYTHING in the digital deluxe edition (including early access) in addition to the bonus physical collectors edition items. The only reason I can imagine this is done and keys are not sent out is to make the poor saps who want early access AND collectors give blizz a free/no-interest loan and artificially boost initial sales. For those who want early access AND collectors edition, there is no choice. There's no good reason there is not an option that comes with both.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-04-19 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    I think you misunderstand. Being "impatient" ie buying the digital deluxe and getting into the game asap, actually costs LESS money, not more. Buying the most expensive edition, the collectors edition, and being "patient" actually costs MORE and doesn't include early access unless you want to give blizzard a free, no-interest loan in the amount of the game until yours comes in the mail (ie buying a second copy). Makes no sense when they could send out keys out when you buy the collectors edition to allow for early access. Collectors edition should include EVERYTHING in the digital deluxe edition (including early access) in addition to the bonus physical collectors edition items. The only reason I can imagine this is done and keys are not sent out is to make the poor saps who want early access AND collectors give blizz a free/no-interest loan and artificially boost initial sales. For those who want early access AND collectors edition, there is no choice. There's no good reason there is not an option that comes with both.
    Or, you know, it could be because of the obvious logistic issues involved in this.

This seems like a ridiculous issue considering you cannot access content until they flip the proverbial switch. Why don't they just ship out CEs on the day the pre-patch goes live? It doesn't matter if people have art books and stuff early, because the expansion doesn't come in the box - it comes as a download and isn't accessible until Blizz flips the switch. If they just shipped the physical box for pre-patch and the early DH access, etc., then this would be a non-issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    This seems like a ridiculous issue considering you cannot access content until they flip the proverbial switch. Why don't they just ship out CEs on the day the pre-patch goes live? It doesn't matter if people have art books and stuff early, because the expansion doesn't come in the box - it comes as a download and isn't accessible until Blizz flips the switch. If they just shipped the physical box for pre-patch and the early DH access, etc., then this would be a non-issue.
    probably because the game DVD in physical editions has to contain 7.0 (for people with slow internet or data caps or some such), so they cant make those before 7.0 is finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    probably because the game DVD in physical editions has to contain 7.0 (for people with slow internet or data caps or some such), so they cant make those before 7.0 is finalized.
    Seems easy enough to print them ahead of time with a working version of 7.0 ready for shipment, even if a small patch would be required when the pre-expac patch hits for last minute changes.

Deleted
    What is so important to have DH 7 days before expansion??
    You wont be able to start and create legendary ring aaand dont forget the massive wave of other DHs in starting area too
    If i going to buy CE i will gladly trade these 7 extra days of DHing around
    But still i`m agree with you because why not we can preorder CE and get a code who will unlock the digital version on the game for download with all digital preorder benefits with

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    What is so important to have DH 7 days before expansion??
    trying it out before deciding to main it is nice if you aren't in the alpha.

But still i`m agree with you because why not we can preorder CE and get a code who will unlock the digital version on the game for download with all digital preorder benefits with
    Because blizz doesn't know you bought it until you put in the key, because they are sold by third parties, not blizz itself. And because you can cancel the pre-order at any time. Because even if you pre-order it the store may not receive enough CE to supply to you.

Though personally i believe if you send support a pre-order receipt that should be enough to get your goodies, thats not to much good faith to ask i'd say, they can then take em away if you don't actually input a code in x time after release.
    which then only fucks over the people who legitimately tried to buy it but the store didnt deliver, which might be a pickle to solve amicably. might also be a issue with people who used 100 boost and get their goodies taken away. hmm tough.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-20 at 03:56 AM.

I agree, and if it weren't for already owning all of the others, I'd have just bought the digital deluxe of the last three expansions (that is, including legion) but no, can't do that, disrupts my big box collection.

Ah well.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

It's kind of stupid that they offer the pre-order benefits for Overwatch's collector's edition when you buy it from Amazon, but aren't willing to do the same with Legion.

i dont get why they cant ship the collectors edition few months early not like you can use it to play legion untill they add it to their servers and it would give the collectors edition perks earlier

Quote Originally Posted by tibblaye View Post
    i dont get why they cant ship the collectors edition few months early not like you can use it to play legion untill they add it to their servers and it would give the collectors edition perks earlier
    I get not shipping early, but when you pre-order, you get a digital receipt, so they could simply have a code to activate on the receipt. I'd assume that's how it works with the Overwatch Collector's Edition still giving the pre-order bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just the reality of buying physical boxes that have to be shipped on release day.

Monday, I cancelled my Overwatch Origins preorder with Amazon (which I got for ~$48 with Prime discount) because by ordering it for full price from Blizzard digital, I got the free Tracer unlocked in HoTS yesterday.

On top of that, Amazon was supposed to send two keys: one for the May beta period, and one for the Widowmaker skin. They sent me the beta keys but no amount of emailing their support team got me the Widowmaker code that the Origins order page on Amazon said I should get.

TL;DR: Just order from Blizzard in most cases, it's easier.

Unfortunately that doesn't help you if you are an artbook/mousepad junkie. But I don't expect that getting pre-release goodies for physical boxes is ever going to get any easier.