Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    And you are totally not on Blizzard's leash, just a regular old Joe, impartial as fuck, the role model for objectivity that's you sir.

But you have to get your story straight though, is it "popular people" getting their best friends with high tweeter followers to sign, or bots or martians? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Yes because we don't want to shove a petition down our viewers and communities throats, and rise up against the evil Blizzard , fatboss, baj, nobbel, anyone who has had a spotlight is on a Blizzard leash! My stream is totally rated T for teen. I can't even count how many times Twitch has told me to tone it down in past from Blizzard contacting them about me. From comparing the SOO Garrosh fight to Sasha Greys anus to trying to play on a private server twice. Yeah I'm the model citizen. But these flaws does not mean I don't have a civil community that has coherent conversations rather then endorsing hatred to force an issue on a company.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I say that? Blizzard has yet to address this issue, with a valid response, since nost was shut down..
    WHY do they need to address the issue? There is no issue for THEM. "W E " have the issue. They shutdown a server that was illegal in their eyes and that's it. There is no formal response needed from them. CM team doesn't handle these issues. You want a press release from their PR/Legal team to come out and explain it?
    Last edited by towelliee; 2016-04-20 at 12:11 AM.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    WHY do they need to address the issue? There is no issue for THEM. "W E " have the issue. They shutdown a server that was illegal in their eyes and that's it. There is no formal response needed from them. CM team doesn't handle these issues. You want a press release from their PR/Legal team to come out and explain it?
    And yet you think they need you to argue on their behalf?

If it's not an issue for them then nothing will happen, If it is an issue they will issue a statement eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Yes because we don't want to shove a petition down our viewers and communities throats, and rise up against the evil Blizzard , fatboss, baj, nobbel, anyone who has had a spotlight is on a Blizzard leash! My stream is totally rated T for teen. I can't even count how many times Twitch has told me to tone it down in past from Blizzard contacting them about me. From comparing the SOO Garrosh fight to Sasha Greys anus to trying to play on a private server twice. Yeah I'm the model citizen. But these flaws does not mean I don't have a civil community that has coherent conversations rather then endorsing hatred to force an issue on a company.

- - - Updated - - -

We want a valid response to why Blizzard refuses to add legacy servers. Telling players what they want and don't want is bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

the Mark Kern interview brings up soooooo many points. that are good

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    the Mark Kern interview brings up soooooo many points. that are good
    Those are the best kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    We want a valid response to why Blizzard refuses to add legacy servers. Telling players what they want and don't want is bullshit.

You mean this isn't good enough?

Deleted
    Did I say that? Blizzard has yet to address this issue, with a valid response, since nost was shut down.
    They dont have do address anything its the people who where playing on an illegal the server that are demanding them to say something. But honestly what do you think they would say ? If they say no we arnt doing legacy servers it would make the pro legacy servers crowd go ape shit.

Its better for them to just ignore it as they clearly dont want to invest in legacy server as they know the majority of people will get bored of them in acouple of year because lets face it people QQ and unsub to wow for having a tier lasting more than 10 months how are people going to reacted with the same content for 2 year ?

But thats the problem to many people are looking through nostalgia glasses and the current hate for live is only making it worse, But before you try to make what i said fit your view point id actually like to do 1-60 again i honestly would but i know that these servers have a short life span before they dive in popularity and activity.

My best bet is that blizzard has the code or a plan for legacy server but will only do them when wow dips below a million - 500k subs to get some last minute money out of the IP before they basically stick the live game on patch life support. But its still flooting above 4 million and that core lived through wod so i wouldnt hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post

That shitty response has been debunked. That was also before the nost situation, the demand has increased.

Even if they said no, getting an official answer and response would be far more than they’ve done so far, and ultimately be great for them. Gamers will know that Blizzard is listening after all. But right now, this radio silence is killing their community and their brand. From a business perspective, surely they can appreciate that.
    From the Mark Kern interview. http://www.pcinvasion.com/ex-world-o...izzard-vanilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

That shitty response has been debunked. That was also before the nost situation, the demand has increased.
    Umm that blue post has never been debunked. I dunno what you are talking about.

And the 'demand' still hasn't gotten a response and might never get one. You might just have to get over it. You didn't get a response when the attention was much higher than it is now so good luck.

I'm going out on a lim here, but I'm going to say it's not. They'll just call it another excuse, and therefore a valid response. I've linked Aerythlea's reply over and over in this thread alone.

Umm that blue post has never been debunked. I dunno what you are talking about.

And the 'demand' still hasn't gotten a response and might never get one. You might just have to get over it. You didn't get a response when the attention was much higher than it is now so good luck.
    I don't recall the last petition, streamers and dev supporting Vanilla servers, Could you fill me in?
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

Not really. That was fine when in the background they left Nost. to run its course but as they decided to shut it down people want to know: Are you gonna provide this or not?

They're not going to comment on it right now, but the more we ask the more likely it is they will review it AGAIN and come to a decision AGAIN. Should that be a NO, then we will have to accept that and move on - we failed to change their mind. But until they come back post-Nost with a NO we will continue to champion the cause, fight for the direction in gaming we want and cause a fuss.

Because nothing happens if you sit idle and say nothing. We are not guaranteed action by our posts, videos and views but we have a much better chance than if we keep it to ourselves.

Even if they said no, getting an official answer and response would be far more than they’ve done so far, and ultimately be great for them. Gamers will know that Blizzard is listening after all. But right now, this radio silence is killing their community and their brand. From a business perspective, surely they can appreciate that.
    From the Mark Kern interview. http://www.pcinvasion.com/ex-world-o...izzard-vanilla
    Debunked? How? By saying it's debunked?

And understand this: quoting Mark Kern is not exactly someone trustworthy in this regard, considering his sordid part with game development and being kicked out of the company he helped create, so bad he was. He's the kind of guy that if he says 'idea X' is a good idea, then it's a very safe bet to say that 'idea X' is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I don't recall the last petition, streamers and dev supporting Vanilla servers, Could you fill me in?
    I'm talking about the hype of this 'cause' has already been dying down over the past few days. The peak of the 'movement' is already gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Not really. That was fine when in the background they left Nost. to run its course but as they decided to shut it down people want to know: Are you gonna provide this or not?

They're not going to comment on it right now, but the more we ask the more likely it is they will review it AGAIN and come to a decision AGAIN. Should that be a NO, then we will have to accept that and move on - we failed to change their mind. But until they come back post-Nost with a NO we will continue to champion the cause, fight for the direction in gaming we want and cause a fuss.

Because nothing happens if you sit idle and say nothing. We are not guaranteed action by our posts, videos and views but we have a much better chance than if we keep it to ourselves.
    Yeah fight the power or whatevers. Not that I think it will die down when they tell you guys no again, but I can always hope.

who gives a shit what that guy says, he got booted from his last company cause he was wasting money and being in general an ass, hes probably doing all this to just get his old job back by "leading" the legacy servers

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Debunked? How? By saying it's debunked?

And understand this: quoting Mark Kern is not exactly someone trustworthy in this regard, considering his sordid part with game development and being kicked out of the company he helped create, so bad he was. He's the kind of guy that if he says 'idea X' is a good idea, then it's a very safe bet to say that 'idea X' is a bad idea.
    Hey! He said it was debunked so that was that. Let it go! /s

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    who gives a shit what that guy says, he got booted from his last company cause he was wasting money and being in general an ass, hes probably doing all this to just get his old job back by "leading" the legacy servers
    Wait you mean this guy has an ulterior motive and isn't about helping the legacy server people? *gasp* And yes this was being sarcastic.

"We have no plans to release vanilla servers" How exactly do you debunk that? It's right out of their mouths.

They don't need to reiterate their stance every time a short lived hype train comes rolling through town.

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    Regardless of his recent endeavours he was there when Vanilla was made (And we all know how popular WoW turned out to be), He has far more knowledge about the subject than you, me or anyone else here.

Take it with a grain of salt if you will, It still has merit.
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    "We have no plans to release vanilla servers" How exactly do you debunk that? It's right out of their mouths.

They don't need to reiterate their stance every time a short lived hype train comes rolling through town.
    No matter how much they try and claim that the train still has steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players want a lot of things; sometimes in complete contradiction of one another. Someone has to say no. If they've already said no to the point where a "Wall of No" has become a meme, they've said it enough.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."