Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well, it's probably going to be dealing with the Legion again. Since we can't truly kill demons outside the void, I'd imagine we'd go on the offensive against the legion. I'm thinking Argus would be a logical follow up. I really do think the fight with the Legion will drag out across several expansions.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Ashzara and her naga would be mid-tier leading N'Zoth leading to void lords
    Ah okay that makes sense.

Would also fit with the fact we seem to now always have an expansion and a half with a villain. Lead Azshara from Legion into a South Seas thing, then lead N'Zoth into a Void Lords thing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Hopefully Old God-themed, I've always found them more interesting than the Burning Legion.
    Same here!

And yeah. Seeing that Blizzard has started hinting at expansion packs early (Legion was hinted at in the legendary quest in MOP, some voidstuff popping up in WoD...Emerald Dream, Nagas and other stuff in Legion?)..OLD GODS AND AZSHARA pl0x? =D

Deleted
    considering they just keep revamping old content: its probably going to be WOTLK 2.0 in a time traveler's way...

What if she runs at the end of this expansion and we fight her as dungeon boss in the next one?
    (Seems the popular thing to do in the last 2 exp)

How about a return to the old enmities between the Horde and the Alliance. Moderately certain they've got the smarts now to make two almost-equal but subtly different classes, one for each faction, and then throw some hatred this way and that, really concentrate on the old Orcs vs. Humans story that broke Warcraft out of the design box.

Then again I'm just dreaming.

A MoP-like escape expansion to South Seas would be awesome.

I hope to see pirates themed expansion plz. With archipelago containing 20 big and small islands, naval battles, sea monsters and underwater content. Also Azshara!

Lets just hope it's not another time travel like wod and legion. As long as they come up with something new, I'll be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Well since I very successfully predicted Legion long before its release, I'll have another go at it!
    Just popping by to say that this arrogance right here made me not read your post.

I'd give it a 30% chance that the next xpac gets delayed because subs drop to the point where Activision finally steps in and starts firing people. There's a chance Legion is the final expansion. I don't see any reason to play it. Legion is horrible game design. But the next xpac SHOULD be focused on the Void, possibly involving ethereals and K'aresh. Second guess would be some sort of dragon xpac, because Blizzard has said they LOVE fighting dragons and always want to return to that. Last dragon xpac was cata so we're due for another.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Azshara, N'zoth and the old gods trying to corrupt the titan egg, whilst we try to infuse it with light. Ends with titan being born.

We become the army of light under the new titan, and in last expac we go after sargeras only to find the Void lords have found another titan egg, and it births into the shadow titan.

Azeroth and the shadow titan have a cosmic duel in the background while we fight the shadow dudes army for the final raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Azshara, N'zoth and the old gods trying to corrupt the titan egg, whilst we try to infuse it with light. Ends with titan being born.

We become the army of light under the new titan, and in last expac we go after sargeras only to find the Void lords have found another titan egg, and it births into the shadow titan.

Azeroth and the shadow titan have a cosmic duel in the background while we fight the shadow dudes army for the final raid.
    Except that titan being born would result in our untimely deaths being that we are living on said titan >.<

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    A MoP-like escape expansion to South Seas would be awesome.
    For how little space is left there you won't get the MoP feel from a bunch of disjointed islands.

You'll need that other ocean for that kind of expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Except that titan being born would result in our untimely deaths being that we are living on said titan >.<
    Errrrrr, maybe I missed something but was it said that the planet itself is the titan, or that the titan is born out of the planet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Argus. Illidan tells us about the portal framework he made in the Black Temple, and that we need a massive sacrifice of souls to fuse it. But we can't do that because Velen, Thrall, Anduin, and Baine won't have any of it. In the opening quests of World of Warcraft: Argus, we sacrifice our Artifacts to fuel the opening of the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Just seems like they threw too many big time villains/threats into this.
    You know when they announced this xpack and I saw not only we get DH but sargeras is involved I kinda figured this would be the last big xpac. And it makes sense this expansion really brings us full circle, we got everything here..Azshara and the naga, the last old god, Sargeras and the burning legion going back where it all began. People getting weapons such as ashbringer, deaths of major lore chars. I keep remembering that post about the final battle velen saw with anduin at the head of the forces as king. That looks like its coming to pass. I mean its kinda obvious that this is a major expansion like never before. I think this is the final battle guys imho. I hope im wrong but it dont feel like it.

My money's on either a South Seas/Azshara expansion, or Old Gods/Underdark. After one or both, then we take the fight to Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    My money's on either a South Seas/Azshara expansion, or Old Gods/Underdark. After one or both, then we take the fight to Argus.
    I dont feel they will. I think we will have a content patch, a big one where we deal with both Azshara and the old god. See I keep thinking about that vision of velens and maybe someone else can explain it. But with rumors of varians death in legion it makes sense now. A quote from the prophets lesson, and the vision of the future velen saw.

"There is always something happening out there," returned the soft voice. It was gently said, but its undertones held an edge nonetheless. "My concern is with the path."

"What is the path? A distant war on some far-flung world? You're needed here. Needed now. Is that why you never warned of the Cataclysm? Was it just beneath your notice? Are we all insects to you? Or, worse, chess pieces?"

It'd been an age since someone dared rebuke the Prophet. He spun to face the prince, surprised, as he often was when it came to humans, by how quickly the child seemed to be becoming a man, by the adult in the words hurled at him. And as soon as Anduin came into view, the world changed.

Instead of the prince, an armored warrior stood before him, his plate helm and breastplate shining with the essence of the Light itself. The warrior wielded a sword forged from the same material as the armor, held it aloft as he perched on an outcropping... Whether it was on another world or Azeroth, Velen couldn't quite tell. And suddenly the dark sky above erupted with the combined chivalry of Azeroth's races. The blood elves, orcs, trolls, tauren, and even the accursed undead and scheming goblins rode flying mounts of every sort and description. They were armored and armed in magical weaponry glowing with so much power it hurt Velen's eyes to look at them. Beside the legions of the Horde, the ancient night elves charged with humans, dwarves, and gnomes, whose ancestors formed the original Alliance, and the shape-changing worgen were united with them. Velen's own draenei bolstered the army, their ranks adorned in otherworldly metals and bearing crystalline maces and swords.

The Alliance and Horde were not alone.

Dragons swooped and soared in formations that made the sky resemble a giant multicolored, reptilian wing. They blanketed the horizon with their physical size and numbers, and when they roared a challenge, it shook not just the earth Velen stood on, but the universe as well.

And yet, for all this, the greatest shock to Velen's senses came as he saw those that flew just beyond the army of dragons. The naaru had taken the field, so many that Velen didn't understand how creation could contain them. The power of these beings of Light filled Velen's heart with hope, swept away the lonely centuries, and left him in wonder that he could ever despair, that the dark, no matter how terrible, could ever truly reign.

And then a shadow fell.

It was vast and empty and swallowed all light that entered it. Velen knew it would be all consuming until, at last, it would turn and devour itself, endlessly gnawing on nothing in the Great Dark Beyond, removing all meaning from the universe, from the most heart-breaking sonata to the most arresting sunset. It was too terrible to see, to comprehend, and yet the army headed straight for it. And the light began to fade...

Standing before the Prophet was only a human man-child, eyes wide and passionate, saying something unintelligible to him.

The Prophet turned his back on Anduin, his mind clawing toward the Light, reaching for the thread of the vision he'd witnessed, trying to see the path amid the fractured possibilities. He was forcefully reminded of the weeks leading up to the Cataclysm. He didn't notice when the prince left his chambers.
    It certainly sounds like the last big battle. Forgot to add, this sounds like an encounter with the Void Lords possibly , and we know they are brought up in legion.
    Last edited by RoxyBlue; 2016-04-27 at 04:44 AM.

Argus does seem like a probable destination at some point. However, I can't see the Horde and Alliance throwing all of their strength through a portal to a new world if there are serious threats being left behind them.

What I see as possible, from most likely to least: (barring other big baddies showing up in Legion and being dealt with)

A. We win but are severely depleted in strength. Seeing an opportunity, somebody attacks us. (likely old god/Naga, maybe even some trolls that are left over)

B. We win, still depleted in strength put push on to the offensive to some place out in the great beyond that has great strategic value in the fight. (maybe Argus, but might have to liberate/defeat some other place to be able to go there)

C. We lose the fight. (with maybe some form of minor victory to avoid a total loss) The next expansion is us defending some other part of Azeroth. (with maybe help from unlikely allies/powers we haven't seen in a while)

D. Blizzard pulls some story from nowhere ala MoP and we go from there ("hey look, a continent we've never heard of")

E. (don't see as likely, but can't discount) We lose (badly). WoW is never the same again after some huge game re imagining or goes into maintenance mode while they work on/figure out what they want to do next with the franchise