Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    She's not white though. My brother is friends with a bunch of half jew/half whites and guess who all of their friends are? Full Jews. My brother is the only gentile they'll even associate with.
    What does this have to do with anything.

Since when are jews non-white?

Deleted
    Motoko Kusanagi does not look Japanese, either in the manga, or in the 1995 anime. Also, it's cyberpunk; cosmetic surgery, cybernetics, and so on.

(Click to enlarge.)
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-04-20 at 01:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Doesn't mean she's not Caucasian. A look at her makes it clear she's Caucasian and has European heritage.
    Not to me. I could just see the Jew in her. Jews are pretty obvious to spot, even the ones that aren't 100%.

Not to me. I could just see the Jew in her. Jews are pretty obvious to spot, even the ones that aren't 100%.
    You do know most Jewish people are completely white. Ashkenazi Jews are just run of the mill central/eastern Europeans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    What does this have to do with anything.

Since when are jews non-white?
    They're not white. Jews are their own race. A white person and a Jew are two completely different races.

Seen a lot of people hand-waiving this as no big deal who freaked out about Johnny Storm being black and Thor being a woman.

"Primarily set in the mid-twenty-first century in the fictional Japanese city of Niihama, Niihama Prefecture (新浜県新浜市 Niihama-ken Niihama-shi?),[Note 1] otherwise known as New Port City (ニューポートシティ Nyū Pōto Shiti?), the manga and the many anime adaptations follow the members of Public Security Section 9, a special-operations task-force made up of former military officers and police detectives. Political intrigue and counter-terrorism operations are standard fare for Section 9, but the various actions of corrupt officials, companies, and cyber-criminals in each scenario are unique and require the diverse skills of Section 9's staff to prevent a series of incidents from escalating.

In this post-cyberpunk iteration of a possible future, computer technology has advanced to the point that many members of the public possess cyberbrains, technology that allows them to interface their biological brain with various networks. The level of cyberization varies from simple minimal interfaces to almost complete replacement of the brain with cybernetic parts, in cases of severe trauma. This can also be combined with various levels of prostheses, with a fully prosthetic body enabling a person to become a cyborg. The main character of Ghost in the Shell, Major Motoko Kusanagi, is such a cyborg, having had a terrible accident befall her as a child that ultimately required that she use a full-body prosthesis to house her cyberbrain. This high level of cyberization, however, opens the brain up to attacks from highly skilled hackers, with the most dangerous being those who will hack a person to bend to their whims." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_in_the_Shell

While many anime draw their characters in a manner that makes them seem white, that's more the artistic style they use and not necessarily indicative of their ethnicity within the show. Sure seems like the character is supposed to be Japanese.

Really am curious to know if all the people in this thread who are fine with this threw a huge nerd rage over other race/gender swaps such as the ones I already mentioned.

She's not white though. My brother is friends with a bunch of half jew/half whites and guess who all of their friends are? Full Jews. My brother is the only gentile they'll even associate with.
    They're not white. Jews are their own race. A white person and a Jew are two completely different races.
    What exactly is white to you?

This is her first look in the movie and I am personally ok with it.

I got no problem with her playing The major and I got no problem with the story being changed. Not everything has to be 100% to the comics/movie/anime/manga of stuff. If I wanted to see the anime I would just watch the anime.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

He knows what he's talking about, fellas, he read all about it in his copy of the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion!

10+ Year Old Account
    If Jews weren't their own race they wouldn't seclude themselves from white gentiles. But they do and they only associate with other Jews.

10+ Year Old Account

I thought the term jew described someone who subscribed to jewish religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Seen a lot of people hand-waiving this as no big deal who freaked out about Johnny Storm being black and Thor being a woman.
    I disagreed with the whole movie personally but here is the difference.

Johnny Storm couldn't be black because his sister was white, Unless they wanted to do a adopted son story. Thats why I disagreed with it. SJ can play a asian chick (Robot that looks like she isn't asian) just fine.

As for a female thor...never cared whatever floats the boat.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

If they are trying to make Scarlet Johansson "more asian" with CG stuff, theres a problem.

http://screencrush.com/ghost-in-the-...ckback=tsmclip

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to worried about Scarlet being Motoko as there has been so many iterations of her character. My issue is more their choice for Batou.. no idea what they were thinking with that pick.

If Jews weren't their own race they wouldn't seclude themselves from white gentiles. But they do and they only associate with other Jews.
    That's more to do white whites' penchant for murdering Jews, historically.

Also, they don't seclude themselves entirely, I'm Greek and have plenty of Jewish friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people prefer to keep to themselves and be secular.

Looking at their history, I don't blame them.

It's like the introverted kid who was ostrascized his whole life, but went on to live a more successful and quiet life.

Just cast the Pacific Rim chick

But what's white? Germanic? Celtic? Greek? Italian? Magyar? Finnish? Slav? Which one is white to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    If they are trying to make Scarlet Johansson "more asian" with CG stuff, theres a problem.

http://screencrush.com/ghost-in-the-...ckback=tsmclip
    Not the first movie every to do CGI surgery on actors. Name a movie and its been done in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I thought the term jew described someone who subscribed to jewish religion.
    Nah that's what they want the average gentile to think. Honestly, to Jews every non Jew is the same race.

Most Jews are atheist/agnostic. They don't believe in a God.