Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I disagreed with the whole movie personally but here is the difference.

Johnny Storm couldn't be black because his sister was white, Unless they wanted to do a adopted son story. Thats why I disagreed with it. SJ can play a asian chick (Robot that looks like she isn't asian) just fine.

As for a female thor...never cared whatever floats the boat.
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/mixedtwins.asp

Sure they could, plus making him her half/step brother really doesn't change anything about the characters at all. Really easy to have them still be siblings while also being different ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Nah that's what they want the average gentile to think. Honestly, to Jews every non Jew is the same race.

Most Jews are atheist/agnostic. They don't believe in a God.
    You're one of "those" people, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But what's white? Germanic? Celtic? Greek? Italian? Magyar? Finnish? Slav? Which one is white to you?
    White is anything European that's not Jew. There's three different main types of whites but they're all considered white. Italians are white, British are white, Polish are white.

Jew is not white though. Jew is Jew.

I don't know. The whole "Why is she white?" smells more like tumrbl. You know, the usual "whitewashing" of characters. If anything I would say that I don't like too much that they're moving the setting.

I'm not... completely sure what the argument is here. Anime characters don't look Japanese? Anime characters don't look like anything like real people so what?

I'm probably one of the least likely to complain about "white washing" in Hollywood films, but Motoko Kusanagi... is pretty Japanese, and to have Scarlet Johanson given CGI treament to make herself look Japanese is preeeetty bad. I don't even find her attractive. Just a generic white woman.

What really galls me is how this movie is shaping up to be a generic terrorism/counter-terrorism with none of the politics which pretty much is the point of Ghost in the Shell in the first fucking place.
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2016-04-20 at 01:53 AM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    You're one of "those" people, huh?
    Kind of what?

It's funny that you can't even talk about Jews being their own race when they obviously are. My brother works for a bunch of Jews and they treat him like shit. They literally discriminate those that aren't Jewish and get away with it.

White is anything European that's not Jew. There's three different main types of whites but they're all considered white. Italians are white, British are white, Polish are white.

Jew is not white though. Jew is Jew.
    What about Uralic people like the Finns, Estonians, or Magyars? Are they white?

Kind of what?

It's funny that you can't even talk about Jews being their own race when they obviously are. My brother works for a bunch of Jews and they treat him like shit. They literally discriminate those that aren't Jewish and get away with it.
    Honestly, if your brother is anything like you, I'd treat him like shit too. I've seen enough of your views across different issues to know there's little of quality in your views.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'm not... completely sure what the argument is here. Anime characters don't look Japanese? Anime characters don't look like anything like real people so what?

I'm probably one of the least likely to complain about "white washing" in Hollywood films, but Motoko Kusanagi... is pretty Japanese, and to have Scarlet Johanson given CGI treament to make herself look Japanese is preeeetty bad. I don't even find her attractive. Just a generic white woman.

What really galls me is how this movie is shaping up to be a generic terrorism/counter-terrorism with non of the politics which pretty much is the point of Ghost in the Shell in the first fucking place.
    The movie is just going to be a generic action flick. Expectations should be incredibly low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is no one going to mention the fact that the the main character in the anime is a lesbian or at the very least bisexual? I get the feeling they are going to add that in vividly with Scarlet playing her. Watch all the complaints disappear when that happens.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What about Uralic people like the Finns, Estonians, or Magyars? Are they white?
    White. Russians are white too. I'd even say people from the middle east are more white than Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/mixedtwins.asp

Sure they could, plus making him her half/step brother really doesn't change anything about the characters at all. Really easy to have them still be siblings while also being different ethnicity.
    Yes and thats if the backstory supports it. The thing is all versions of Fantastic Four has been white brother and sister. So going Black brother/White sister feels odd.

This is a white chick playing as a robot white chick. If I recall right and someone can prove me wrong but it was never confirmed if The Major was asian or not. Ya she lives in Japan but her backstory was barely touched on.

Most of the dam cast besides the old man and the sniper look like white people.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Motoko Kusanagi... is pretty Japanese
    Why? Because she has a Japanese name? Because she speaks Japanese? She sure as hell doesn't look Japanese in the original anime movie or original manga.

To be honest, I don't like it. For one, I don't think Scarlett Johnansson has the 'sharp' features that I associate with the movie, so from the picture that's posted, it just looks wrong to me.

Secondly, while I know there aren't many Asian actresses out there (and none that are really the 'type' of Asian as me), I really would wish there were more cool Asian female roles. It's not the end of the world, but it's fun to have the 'that's me!' role out there every once in a while, and when there's a film being made that seems like an easy mark for an Asian female lead, and it doesn't happen, it's a little off-putting.

Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Is no one going to mention the fact that the the main character in the anime is a lesbian or at the very least bisexual? I get the feeling they are going to add that in vividly with Scarlet playing her. Watch all the complaints disappear when that happens.
    Maybe no one mentions it because really.....no one care's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Also, my brother has an Israeli Jewish supervisor who has been nothing short of amazing to my brother. He's done far more and been far more of a mentor, than anyone else ever has to him.

So whose anecdote is the truth there, Lord Ebonheart, Crusher of Manlets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Honestly, if your brother is anything like you, I'd treat him like shit too. I've seen enough of your views across different issues to know there's little of quality in your views.
    Nah my brother is the opposite of me. He's a Liberal that believes everyone is a good person.

Deleted
    I'm so going to get shit from feminist+ white knighters over this, but whatever, Motoko also needs to have big breasts. Scarlett has that covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm so going to get shit from feminist+ white knighters over this, but whatever, Motoko also needs to have big breasts. Scarlett has that covered.
    To me as long as the movie is good and the acting is good I don't give two fucks if shes played by a asian midget. The pic I posted above is her first look and I personally like it.

If I wanted the anime I would watch the anime.

If they want to make her accurate to the anime/manga they'll need to find an actress with eyes the size of grapefruits.

I wound up watching Max Landis' video on the controversy for some reason, thought he made some pretty salient points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.