The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    Lord RNGesus,
    Our father art in coding,
    Please give unto me either Sha and/or Nalak mount,
    My weary brain cannot take much more disappointment.
    Please bless my almost 3000 Sha attempts and 2600 Nalak.

*wipes tears and snotty nose on sleeve*

A-man.
    Mount farmers like you frustrate me beyond belief.
    You have 3/5 world boss mounts, I have a very similar kill count to you and am sitting on 0/5 world boss mounts.
    Some people will always find a reason to complain and never be happy with the luck they've been given.

Not to mention the numerous amounts of times I've been soloing Nalak for example and you tag/afk him putting zero effort into the kill.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caillee View Post
    You have 3/5 world boss mounts, I have a very similar kill count to you and am sitting on 0/5 world boss mounts.
    Some people will always find a reason to complain and never be happy with the luck they've been given.

Not to mention the numerous amounts of times I've been soloing Nalak for example and you tag/afk him putting zero effort into the kill.

Agreed. It boils my blood when people, been given so much luck, snob it off and demand everything to be theirs. Should be grateful for what they already have, and not complain about every little thing :/

PS. Farath. I am so jealous :P
    Contributor of the WoW Secret Finding Discord and the Mother of Aeonaxx

15+ Year Old Account

Agreed! Another 0/5 here with fairly high numbers myself. 17 Toons a week all with bonus rolls.. Frustrating seeing people at Sha/Galleon/Nalak that myself and others kill and they do one flameshock/whatever for their kill and then sit and wait for the kill to be over.

7+ Year Old Account
    This on Barthilas?

I usually do Nalak right as the world bosses reset on Tuesday morning and there's always a group of a couple of lowbie Alliance (ranging from 90-100 but have no gear, literally) who AFK around the corner from Nalak. It must all be from the same person who has multiple accounts cause they just wait until I pull to solo it, then they poke around the corner to tag once, then run back; putting no effort into the kill. Then they switch alts and do it all over again. Frustrates me beyond belief. I don't care if you're a lowbie/undergeared but at least try and DPS instead of just leeching off other people's efforts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    This on Barthilas?

I usually do Nalak right as the world bosses reset on Tuesday morning and there's always a group of a couple of lowbie Alliance (ranging from 90-100 but have no gear, literally) who AFK around the corner from Nalak. It must all be from the same person who has multiple accounts cause they just wait until I pull to solo it, then they poke around the corner to tag once, then run back; putting no effort into the kill. Then they switch alts and do it all over again. Frustrates me beyond belief. I don't care if you're a lowbie/undergeared but at least try and DPS instead of just leeching off other people's efforts.
    I see the same thing at Oondasta, sometimes at nalak. Some poeple just tag and run, or wait till boss gets below 20% to put a hit in. Rather annoying watching them get kills and sometimes the mount for putting in 0 effort to a kill or anything...
    Contributor of the WoW Secret Finding Discord and the Mother of Aeonaxx

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothex View Post
    This on Barthilas?
    PVP oceanic yeah, it's been pretty bad for awhile now, but its always the same characters that you remember hah.

RNG gods be with me this week please! Give me either Mimi's head, Astral Cloud Serpent, Clutch of Ji'kun or a Garrison Mount that I still miss!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, I wish complaining would work, instead to suffer 24 alts a week on world bosses. Still, gives me time to read some materials I have lined up.

I'm so confused - I could solo the MoP bosses (or well, bar Oondasta) on most of my characters but usually when they are pulled I just tag them in order to allow more people to join the group and tag it aswell. FML, guess I'm gonna blow all my CDs now then!

Deleted

Thank you for dropping. I don't know what a mammut is doing in an elemental giant, but frankly, I don't care.

You're not a mammut, but you're welcome.

Hello superior recolor.

Hello late bloomer, what took you so long ?

You overhyped little sh-t, I'm SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU.

That Blood Elf butt is too sensitive for burning bird.

Sapphire Hippo aka chunky elegance.

Zandalari realm hopping extravaganza.

7+ Year Old Account
    PVP oceanic yeah, it's been pretty bad for awhile now, but its always the same characters that you remember hah.
    Yeah we're on the same server. I tend to see it mostly for Nalak but I've got a list of names of Galleon leechers too lol. Can't really do anything about it.

Although I've definitely had a few laughs when I'm soloing and they tag the boss and AFK, then I drop a Salyin Battle Banner/combat drop and watch as they panic and/or die haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    I'm so confused - I could solo the MoP bosses (or well, bar Oondasta) on most of my characters but usually when they are pulled I just tag them in order to allow more people to join the group and tag it aswell. FML, guess I'm gonna blow all my CDs now then!
    From what I understand on EU/US servers, due to the amount of players camping and CRZ available, not zerging the boss definitely gives more people the opportunity to tag them and realm hop to that server (I'm assuming you're either EU/US here). It's a bit different on Oceanic servers. Groups simply aren't made for them. Ever. CRZ is almost non-existent for Oceanic, especially when doing old world bosses. There's also not a lot of people who actually do them outside of the prime time window on Tuesdays, which means most of the time they're solo'd. For us, it's annoying to spend 10mins soloing it only for someone to tag, AFK, and do nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    What classes do you have? I was only able to beat him as a prot pally and BM hunter.

Staying on top of adds is key, make sure he doesn't get healed and grab the orb so that he takes more damage. I would pop CDs at the start then save them for when War-God Jalak drops down and burst Horridon down.

However I was around 715ish when I was doing this and only ever tried with two characters.
    I tried him with my Hunter and DK this week (Couldn't last week since my lockout had already been used for Ji-kun on them) and managed to down him. Hunter was pretty easy! I must say the trek to get to him - the wind path, is really annoying though lol.

The class I would most like to be able to solo him on is my Warlocks, I have 5 of them! But no success last week, will give it another go this week as I am getting used to the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Distortedclarity View Post
    I tried him with my Hunter and DK this week (Couldn't last week since my lockout had already been used for Ji-kun on them) and managed to down him. Hunter was pretty easy! I must say the trek to get to him - the wind path, is really annoying though lol.

The class I would most like to be able to solo him on is my Warlocks, I have 5 of them! But no success last week, will give it another go this week as I am getting used to the fight.
    I don't know Warlocks very well and to be honest I haven't watched this video since I obtained the mount. I'm assuming since this was done on a Warlock it might help you. Good luck!

Cailee and MP you guys need to calm down.

You both have more mounts than me and have mounts I will never be able to obtain.
    The only mounts in the game I have any chance of obtaining are the two world boss mounts and probably Posiedus, though I DID get abused the other day for even suggesting I wanted to camp it by someone who apparently has the spawn times 'locked down'.

I never said I wasn't grateful for what I have because I am and it even says it in my note ('Proud owner') but the fact I'm doing Sha and Nalak on 25 characters a week (only two of those don't have bonus rolls) is disheartening.
    I complained because everyone else is complaining and these forums seem like a good luck charm for those people. I don't get to post here that often now since I've gotten all the 'easy' drop mounts and I still want to contribute. Just because I have 3 world boss mounts does that mean I'm not allowed to put a complaint in once in a while? There's people here that are missing one that complain but no one ever goes off at them!

Also I never tag Nalak and go AFK. That is a severly false accusation and you must have me confused with someone else. I run two accounts so it might seem like one is doing nothing or AFK meleeing/auto-shotting but that's because I don't run a multiboxing program. I also don't own a super-computer so alt-tabbing between both accounts doesn't work well sometimes. I tag on both and usually DPS/Tank on the that does the most damage. I'm always at Nalak on two accounts because I have an even number of characters on both. I also only have 4 Alliance characters, 2 are 100 on US realms, one is 100 on PvE and one is a level 90 on Barthilas, so those crappy Alliance players you see probably aren't me Rothex, I'm also not on on Tuesday day/afternoon anymore because of life unless I get lucky and have a day off :P

C'mon guys, I thought we were over this childish crap ages ago when I had to leave Gundrak because you would both (or at least one) would give me crap all the time, like telling me at the BMAH that I couldn't afford any mounts and then rub the ones you bought that I didn't own in my face. Hence why I had to farm most of my mounts and I've had pretty crap luck with most of them. I wouldn't even call it luck. I'd call it 'killing something over the average enough that it just HAD To drop'. It took 400 minnows for my Riding Turtle, 300 Kaelthas kills for Ashes, probably about 600 kills for Vortex Mount, 300-400 for new ZG Raptor, 5 of 6 years of 10 toons an event for HH Mount, 400 for Exp-12 including all the times I killed him in Cata etcetc I could go on forever about the mounts that had Rarity tallies well over the average.

You guys could easily own all the world boss mounts (well 3/5), what happened to the multiple gold caps that you guys used to have? I've seen Sha's and Nalak's mount pop up several times on Barthilas and I know you have toons there Cailee. Gold cap it if it's frustrating you so much, or even better, come here and have a little whinge like I do it doesn't hurt anyone! Well actually apparently it does because now I'm being targetted. But I don't mind if you complain. My complaint was meant to be a funny satirical thing potraying RNGesus as an actual religious being. I hope people found it funny.

Can't we all just mount farm and get along? Complain about what mounts are frustrating us the most? If I didn't own all the raid and dungeon mounts I would probably be complaining about those over world boss mounts but I don't so they are the only things I have left to complain about.

Well that and ZG Tiger never making an appearance but there's not much I can do about that!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by TacoCatt; 2016-04-20 at 02:22 PM. Reason: English teacher part of me felt like that was a wall of text and needed fixing
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    You'll find people in both camps, ignore them and do what you want. Some will tag it and no more to allow more people to get a kill, others will nuke the fuck out of it, others won't even list the group for people to get a tag and will just solo it, then begrudge others not putting the work in.

Personally I consider "putting the work in" to be camping it on 24 toons, if I only tag it or if I nuke the fuck out of it, I did my part by waiting for him (and i make a group if time allows) to spawn (or groups to appear).

Never much understood why people think they have to be better than others and more deserving.

That said, I also don't look at the chat log and never see if anyone else loots it, nor do I assume that they're someone getting it on their first kill. I was camping it on level 85s as well as level 100s before I levelled them all, if someone saw me get it on a level 85 heirloom mage, they wouldn't know if it was my first kill or my 500th kill.

ps. if it annoys them, i have 2 of the 5 world boss mounts and i got the two i do have in around only 200 chances (including an approximation of bonus rolls)

edit: actually no, we've been through this path enough times and even had global mobs come in and push us back on course (about some things, maybe not this specifically, i can't remember ), i won't get into it again and will be happy with my luck and hate my bad fortune
    Last edited by Rixis; 2016-04-20 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    edit: actually no, we've been through this path enough times and even had global mobs come in and push us back on course (about some things, maybe not this specifically, i can't remember ), i won't get into it again and will be happy with my luck and hate my bad fortune
    Maybe we should just ban any complaining from this thread all together as a precaution so no one starts any fights. Apparently letting off a little steam is annoying people and giving people the impression that those people putting in a complaint post are automatically assumed to be self-entitled jackarses.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Well I'm 0/5 and I thought the RNGesus prayer was quite amusing :P

Mount farming is a tedious business. I've been insanely lucky with the small amount of farming I've done so I can imagine over 2000 attempts at a world boss mount - even if you have all the other mounts in the game - with nothing probably justifies the odd bit of light-hearted complaining. Can't really see that it's worth getting annoyed or resentful over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Complaining about/at a mount/boss is fine, about other players, not so much, it's not very nice for little reason. (to me)

(thought i posted this hours ago )

7+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't blaming or targeting anyone specific ^_^ I just wanted to complain a bit about a couple of in-game leechers that I notice every week, that's all.

I'll gladly admit that so far I've been unbelievably lucky with the world boss mounts that I've gotten and I'm extremely grateful for that RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    so those crappy Alliance players you see probably aren't me Rothex
    Excellent. Now I don't have to feel guilty about killing them :P