Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, if the girl claims that no rape has happened, then no rape could have happened by definition, since rape can only happen without consent, and if the girl clearly claims it wasn't rape, she essentially confirms the given consent.

It is as silly as if the guy was accused in murdering someone, the "murdered" person came into court and said that this trial was bullshit - and the guy still was found guilty in murdering that person.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    This isn't a gender thread its a law thread, or a college application of law thread.
    Fair enough, but we all know where these threads end up heading anyway.

But of course, again, I do not agree with what happened in the OP. This kind of ridiculous behavior is what breeds the radical anti-SJWs that spew venom at anything even remotely SJW in nature, even when it's appropriate.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2016-04-20 at 01:42 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    We all know where these threads end up heading anyway.

But of course, again, I do not agree with what happened in the OP. This kind of ridiculous behavior is what breeds the radical anti-SJWs that spew venom at anything even remotely SJW in nature, even when it's appropriate.
    What she doesn't realize is people like you end up making the laws.

Gotta do anything to impress young fertile women, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    What she doesn't realize is people like you end up making the laws.

Gotta do anything to impress young fertile women, right?
    Hold on bro, I'll reply to you in a second.

I have to go out back and feed my barn of feminists their daily bucket of semen.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    The only explanation I could be thinking is if there's a reason to think the alleged victim was lying on behalf of the alleged perpetrator - ie. coerced somehow, or too embarrassed to admit she was assaulted. Beyond that, I think this is very odd behavior by the university.
    Theoretically if there is no victim, what exactly is the means of gathering a claim? The only evidence they have is a hicky? I mean that is close to have anyone who may be sexually active being a rapist.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, but we all know where these threads end up heading anyway.

IMHO It cripples the credibility of the University and simply leads to lawsuits and greater expense and problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Hold on bro, I'll reply to you in a second.

I have to go out back and feed my barn of feminists their daily bucket of semen.
    So you destroy other men by any means necessary, then support welfare for single mothers who mother your children.

Impressive.

It's not uncommon for victims to deny allegations out of fear that their attackers will hurt them even more. It's why so many women get stuck in abusive relationships. I'm not saying he's guilty, but I'm not ruling it out either.
    Last edited by muto; 2016-04-20 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    It's not uncommon for victims to deny allegations out of fear that their attackers will hurt them even more. It's why so many women get stuck in abusive relationships.
    Hickeys are so abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Hickeys are so abusive.
    If it's not consensual yes it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I don't understand is: how is it that anyone but the victim is allowed to sue a person under accusation of rape? In most cases, the victim is the only one who has witnessed the rape. How come someone who knows nothing about it is allowed to just accuse that person? Even if it really had happened, it doesn't concern them in any way; it should be solely up to the victim (if she is able, and in this case she clearly is) to initiate it.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

If it's not consensual yes it is.
    From the report, she was the one that wanted it.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not uncommon for victims to deny allegations out of fear that their attackers will hurt them even more. It's why so many women get stuck in abusive relationships. I'm not saying he's guilty, but I'm not ruling it out either.
    That somewhat underpins a dangerous logic, once accused nobody can ever rise above suspicion.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

They should have gone to the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is though, presumption of innocence exists specifically for cases such as this. It is almost never possible to say with 100% certainty whether one is guilty or not, so we have decided that the system "innocent until proven guilty" is in place. From the article, it is clear that they haven't found any evidence compromising the guy, and they only found a lot of textual evidence suggesting that no rape has taken place. How they came to the conclusion that he is guilty is beyond me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    The thing is though, presumption of innocence exists specifically for cases such as this. It is almost never possible to say with 100% certainty whether one is guilty or not, so we have decided that the system "innocent until proven guilty" is in place. From the article, it is clear that they haven't found any evidence compromising the guy, and they only found a lot of textual evidence suggesting that no rape has taken place. How they came to the conclusion that he is guilty is beyond me.
    IMHO the tribunal's purposes are merely to drum up numbers of people found guilty. The purposes being that the administration gets to pretend its "protecting the flower of innocent womanhood," while avoiding say doing what BYU does and banning all pre-marital sex or sex in general and harshly monitoring all student behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    He's a man and he was accused. Isn't that enough?
    If it was a woman accused, in this case I suppose the result would be the same. It is just the way this crazy (and, in my opinion, simply illegal) system of colleges carrying out justice on their own, avoiding police contact, works.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    IMHO the tribunal's purposes are merely to drum up numbers of people found guilty. The purposes being that the administration gets to pretend its "protecting the flower of innocent womanhood," while avoiding say doing what BYU does and banning all pre-marital sex or sex in general and harshly monitoring all student behavior.
    I think it also has to do with trying to look better by not causing a media attention every time someone is accused in something and police gets involved; it is better to sort problems out internally, without involving police. It improves the college public criminal record.

Although, like this story proves, sometimes trying to avoid media attention this way leads to the opposite result.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-04-20 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the guy who was harassing her about her hickey was jealous that she was seeing someone else and managed to file a very convincing report that Doe had been raped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Sure it would. Keep telling yourself that.
    That's a very strong argument. I comply.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I must say,

Diminishing marginal utility has to kick in sooner or later when it comes to rape threads.

It just has to.
    MMO C needs its daily dose.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Dontcha know? In cases like these, the accusation IS the evidence! It's all you need to find someone guilty, guilty, GUILTY!!!