Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InventiveMeasures View Post
    Strangely enough, Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump seems to be winning in the majority of the same areas except Donald Trump is also winning in the city.
    It's not strange. It goes by population.

Hillary landslides the important states and counties (ie with the highest population and delegate count), which means he can win a lot of those tiny states and they would have less combined delegates than the biggest county that Hillary wins. It's pretty much the problem with Sanders, he does extremely poor in the important states and counties.

Looking at tonight, Hillary will extend her lead to 300 delegates. Going by mathematics, if Bernie does not do well next week, his campaign will be over... he needs to win all remaining states by 61%. Knowing that Hillary polls 60+% in a lot of the upcoming states, means that Sanders will likely not get any victories, and if he does, it will be miserable victories, that will keep Hillary ahead.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-04-20 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You got a source on that?
    It's on politico and other places.
    He visited churches and released a series of videos of celebrity endorsers — he ended up spending over $3 million more than her on television advertisements, complete with a closing message that invoked New York’s own Franklin Delano Roosevelt — only to be matched by what people close to his team said was an unexpected flood of campaign activity from high-profile Clinton backers in local government.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...#ixzz46KSaDEUh
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
    Politico
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Hillary Clinton winning is more personal, and for that, Sanders has to lose.

I was freaking out a little when the exit polls showed it that close -- But I knew they had to be wrong.

I cried in 2008 when Hillary Clinton ended her campaign on June 7th. I couldn't vote, but I wanted her to win so badly. She is the person we need to keep this country from going to hell, even if we stay on the course of Obama with extreme obstructionism (don't think it'll happen with Clinton) i'd be happier than a republican.

I'm also a gay male who dislikes anyone who thinks this can be a free country without letting gay people marry who they want, or who support rules for gays to be fired or banned from entering stores.

I also am more torwards the middle than to the left. Clinton didn't support gay marriage in 08, but I wasn't out and wasn't even comfortable with it yet. She supports it, and that's okay with me even if it is late. I want her to win, I will do everything I can to get her to win, I want to shatter that god damn glass ceiling.
    You've been drinking the koolaid awhile huh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    He does that now and is killing it in the GOP.
    What? The RNC hates Trump, the ones who have the last say. Not the voters. The more he wins, the more they don't care about throwing him under the bus and splitting the party.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Lol, I forget sarcasm is lost in translation on the internet sometimes.

Deleted
    I cried in 2008 when Hillary Clinton ended her campaign on June 7th. I couldn't vote, but I wanted her to win so badly.
    Yeah, this is exactly what John Iadarola was saying in the TYT coverage; it's about Hillary. It's about her. It's not about policies. It's not about what's best for the American people. It's about Hillary, and how her supporters want her to be seated on the throne. It's her turn, and all that. Personality politics.

That's why her voters chant "I'm with her", and why they take it so unbelievably personally when someone dares to challenge her path to presidency.

Bernie supporters on the other hand, and as a good contrast, have been awoken because they care about the policies. They care about what Bernie represents. It's not about Bernie. His supporters don't worship him. Her supporters seem to worship her.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    What? The RNC hates Trump, the ones who have the last say. Not the voters. The more he wins, the more they don't care about throwing him under the bus and splitting the party.
    The RNC hates trump because they can see the writing on the wall if he wins. Not only is he going to do terrible in the general, but its likely he's going to harm races for other seats and the GOP will lose hard. They built the beast though. He just says what they have been implying for decades now but were too smart to ever admit to.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    What? The RNC hates Trump, the ones who have the last say. Not the voters.
    They will have to do proper fuckery to steal the nomination from him. And if they do that, it would be party suicide for them and he would run as an independent and torpedo them further.

As it stands, Trump has a real chance against Clinton in a general if he wins the nomination and if they try and screw him out like you are saying, the GOP would guarantee that their party will be dead for decades to come. The only thing they would have going for them would be that they gave the election to Clinton who sides with them on many things.

They would effectively kill their party just to eek out a pseudo-win now.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will have to do proper fuckery to steal the nomination from him. And if they do that, it would be party suicide for them and he would run as an independent and torpedo them further.

As it stands, Trump has a real chance against Clinton in a general if he wins the nomination and if they try and screw him out like you are saying, the GOP would guarantee that their party will be dead for decades to come. The only thing they would have going for them would be that they gave the election to Clinton who sides with them on many things.

The republicans just had to put up a candidate with lower negatives than Clinton, and they had a chance at beating her.

Nope they're gonna put the one who has over 70% of women hating her and higher negatives across the board.

Or they nominate someone else and lose that way, republicans are in a lose/lose right now, I don't see them winning with Trump, his numbers with women (who are a majority of voters in the general election) will cost him it horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    It's not strange. It goes by population.

Hillary landslides the important states and counties (ie with the highest population and delegate count), which means he can win a lot of those tiny states and they would have less combined delegates than the biggest county that Hillary wins. It's pretty much the problem with Sanders, he does extremely poor in the important states and counties.

Looking at tonight, Hillary will extend her lead to 300 delegates. Going by mathematics, if Bernie does not do well next week, his campaign will be over... he needs to win all remaining states by 61%. Knowing that Hillary polls 60+% in a lot of the upcoming states, means that Sanders will likely not get any victories, and if he does, it will be miserable victories, that will keep Hillary ahead.
    Word on the street is that if comrade Bernie loses the next 2 big states like New York, Pennsylvania (which is next week) and California, his so called revolution will be over before it begins.

Looking forward to trolling the Bernie supporters when he calls his campaign in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    The republicans just had to put up a candidate with lower negatives than Clinton, and they had a chance at beating her.

Nope they're gonna put the one who has over 70% of women hating her and higher negatives across the board.

Or they nominate someone else and lose that way, republicans are in a lose/lose right now, I don't see them winning with Trump, his numbers with women (who are a majority of voters in the general election) will cost him it horribly.
    This cycle is just a bad cycle for rational Republicans. Too much anger, which ends up breeding extreme candidates. They only have themselves to blame for this though, as they encouraged the anger and fear...

Lol that like all upstate is green. I live in Nassau County and I'm dying to know what we voted for.

Not sure why but my friend broke down congressional districts even smaller. But like that map has our whole county treated as one. I'm not sure what's right.

I'm looking at http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/new-york.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    It's not about Bernie. His supporters don't worship him.
    Indeed they don't. They just discredit and attack anyone who doesn't.

Funny how evil is a point of view isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    This cycle is just a bad cycle for rational Republicans. Too much anger, which ends up breeding extreme candidates. They only have themselves to blame for this though, as they encouraged the anger and fear...
    If you're implicitly talking about Kasich, he isn't a rational Republican, he's an anti-union moron who ran his state into the ground and has no claim to fame aside from "being there" when other, actually competent politicians were doing work. He's the Jesse Jackson of the GOP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Looking forward to trolling the Bernie supporters when he calls his campaign in.
    I guess that'll be in June, then, at the earliest.

You listen to Hillary and you completely understand the actions of Bill Clinton and all his women. Just sitting at the dinner table with Hillary and her voice asking to pass the Salt & Pepper and it would suppress any straight mans sexual appetite for a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lol that like all upstate is green. I live in Nassau County and I'm dying to know what we voted for.

Not sure why but my friend broke down congressional districts even smaller. But like that map has our whole county treated as one. I'm not sure what's right.

I'm looking at http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/new-york.
    How to Lie with Maps 101. Initially looks one way, population and demographics tell another story.Also, I do not mena what I just said in an antagonistic way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    If you're implicitly talking about Kasich, he isn't a rational Republican, he's an anti-union moron who ran his state into the ground and has no claim to fame aside from "being there" when other, actually competent politicians were doing work. He's the Jesse Jackson of the GOP.
    ok, *rational by comparison but my statement also applies to any other republican who isnt rabidly feeding the hate and fear machine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judgedredd View Post
    Indeed they don't. They just discredit and attack anyone who doesn't.
    Discredit people who don't support Sanders? Attack people who don't support Sanders? I'm pretty sure Sanders supporters attack Shillary, which is called for, because she's a bought and paid for corporate shill. Do you have any examples of where people "discredit and attack" people who don't support Sanders?

He does that now and is killing it in the GOP.
    Yeah but half the republican base are racists/sexists/bigots. You can see it here with all the right-wingers and their race bating threads (which got so bad mods had to ban race based topics). That won't work in the general or with moderate republicans.

So he's "killing" it and will "kill" it with maybe 1/3 of voters, and that, in the end, equals a landslide loss.

God that map is misleading to anyone who doesn't know the whole story on the New York Times.

On the Democratic map, it looks like Sanders killed it with the map almost entirely his minus a few here and there splotches but Hilly is winning.

Then on the Republican side the results say Trump won by about 60% while the map makes it look like was pretty much the only candidate running minus 1 sliver.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.