Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I've decided to not buy the expansion until it's on sale and flying is released (and if flying is a REASONABLE meta achievement).
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There's plenty of other games to play. I'm also perfectly willing to wait until Blizzard stops screwing around. If they keep up like they have been, I might just be done with wow for good.
    Yeah, I agree with you both, anyone who wants flying should not buy Legion until it's in on terms they find acceptable.
    (and not give them the full price, after the whole WoD mess, they sure as hell didn't earn it)

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, right now they aren't getting my money for anything, Legacy of the Void? Nope. Overwatch? Nope.
    After all, it's blizzard and their customer treatment I'm pissed off with, not WoW (that's just an item/product, can't/shouldn't be angry at it).
    Got plenty of games to play in the meantime (more than free time for them, in fact, so yeah - if not for the people I know in WoW, past and possibly future RP with my characters, etc., I'd just move on already).

And yeah, if it's end of the expansion again, I'll just shrug and move on, might give FF XIV a serious try, or SWtOR another shot, or just stick to single player games for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    I didn't expect Legion to be released anytime before the end of August. *munching popcorn*
    HEY!!! can you reverse that, want to see the train wreck again..... it just looks aaaaawesoooome. :-D

Seriously, do they think it would be any better to keep quiet about hwo they will handle flight in Legion? Right now? I mean..... that wreckage, just look at what they have done to their once beloved beautiful franchise.

[
    Can somebody pass me some popcorn?
    Yes they are that delusional, and the backlash will be more swift and more sudden which is all the sweater to me...I know I sound like a nerd but then again who doesn't like watching a train wreck in slow mo? They assume the outcry will happen by mid expansion like in WoD...little do they know it will happen at launch this time around.

Why? Blizz burned a lot of player trust capital in WoD for players that were undecided or on the fence with WoD. The majority will strike back like a tidal wave and the poor fools at Irivine will tremble.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-04-19 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Yes they are that delusional, and the backlash will be more swift and more sudden which is all the sweater to me...I know I sound like a nerd but then again who doesn't like watching a train wreck in slow mo? They assume the outcry will happen by mid expansion like in WoD...little do they know it will happen at launch this time around.

Why? Blizz burned a lot of player trust capital in WoD for players that were undecided or on the fence with WoD. The majority will strike back like a tidal wave and the poor fools at Irivine will tremble.
    I actually think they're more likely to get away with it this time around. Almost all of the players who were willing to leave over flight or the poor quality of WoD have already left. Whoever is still there isn't going to leave no matter WHAT Blizzard does. And the WoW movie will generate some amount of new players who simply don't have any frame of reference for what's going on.

And despite how I might stand by my principles in regards to flight, I have to be completely fair and point out that a LOT of what we're seeing in the Alpha/Beta right now actually sounds pretty cool. World quests and a heavy focus on Dungeons, as well as the Artifact thing. I'm not too keen on the order hall mission table, but even that might turn out ok.

All in all I suspect that Legion will be quite a bit better than WoD. And while that isn't really saying much, I think you might be surprised to see how many people will stick around for it, flying or not.

I actually think they're more likely to get away with it this time around. Almost all of the players who were willing to leave over flight or the poor quality of WoD have already left. Whoever is still there isn't going to leave no matter WHAT Blizzard does. And the WoW movie will generate some amount of new players who simply don't have any frame of reference for what's going on.

And despite how I might stand by my principles in regards to flight, I have to be completely fair and point out that a LOT of what we're seeing in the Alpha/Beta right now actually sounds pretty cool. World quests and a heavy focus on Dungeons, as well as the Artifact thing. I'm not too keen on the order hall mission table, but even that might turn out ok.

All in all I suspect that Legion will be quite a bit better than WoD. And while that isn't really saying much, I think you might be surprised to see how many people will stick around for it, flying or not.
    You are over estimating what Legion is offering..the truth is that it is WoD 2.0 with slight iterations and a paint job. Blizz assumes a paint job will pacify players but not even the most loyal of players will not go along with this. And no information on flying meta at launch will cause a wave of backlash even among the most staunch Blizzard fan.

I think those will just leave, quietly.

Someone will take a look at the sub number taking a dive (again) and ask the devs what went wrong. I wonder what their answer will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post

Someone will take a look at the sub number taking a dive (again) and ask the devs what went wrong. I wonder what their answer will be?
    It wasn't pro flyers that turned the tide for WoD..it was the loyal Blizz fans that fueled the tsunami of rage against the betrayal of removing flying from the game. This will happen again...and people hoping Legion will keep people occupied..the truth is outside of dungeons (sheer quantity) there is not much to Legion endgame. People keep saying end game content hasn't been put into the alpha yet, but with four months left to launch what you see is what you get IMVHO. The scaling mobs in zones is an indication that leveling content will also be end game content in Legion with world objectives aka Apexix bonus missions 2.0.

In fact, I think they will start to prune some features or push them back for the first patch and the silence on flying will only make it worse. Meta achievement has to be tested properly or else there will be no meta achievement this time around...apathy is their goal to try to remove flying from the game again. That may happen with pro flyers silently leaving but the Blizz fanboys reaction will be visceral and highly visible once more. You know those Blizz fans you can't reason with a lot of times? They are going to be an unlikely ally once more for pro flyers ironically enough.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-04-19 at 01:24 PM.

You know those Blizz fans you can't reason with a lot of times? They are going to be an unlikely ally once more for pro flyers ironically enough.
    I am reasonably sure that those fans you refer to are the white knights sworn to defend Blizzard´s decisions to their dying breath.

By the time things get so bad that even those guys start to denounce blizzard, the sub count will be so low that they will just turn it into a F2P...
    Last edited by Connll; 2016-04-19 at 03:20 PM.

Their answer: "life is complex, nobody can predict what players want, we made a guess and guessed wrong".

That's how professionals deal with it (LOL).

I am reasonably sure that those fans you refer to are the white knights sworn to defend Blizzard´s decisions to their dying breath.

By the time things get so bad that even those guys start to denounce blizzard, the sub count will be so low that they will just turn it into a F2P...
    Blizz fears bad publicity more than lost subs IMO. The bean counters at Blizz are not the ones arm twisting Blizz to remain silent on the flying issue...if one person chooses to sub to the game because of flying...from the bean counters point of view it is a worthwhile to feature to have. Thus that is the rationale for keeping garrisons 2.0 in Legion...apparently that doesn't apply with flying...so it is Blizzard devs' choice...they haven't been forced to do this by some super powered force higher on the business food chain.

Blizz devs own this decision and must take responsibility for such decision. The consequences are tragic and predictable as to what will happen in September of 2016 when people find out there is no meta achievement for flying at launch.

Unless things change the next two months to put in place the meta they are going to plow straight ahead with tunnel vision and head down..hoping the problem will go away like a child refusing to accept reality or face responsibility.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-04-19 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Thought this was confirmed in their blog when they introduced flying back they they would carry it forward like this into next expansion
    Or maybe I misunderstood

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbytes View Post
    Thought this was confirmed in their blog when they introduced flying back they they would carry it forward like this into next expansion
    Or maybe I misunderstood
    The only info we have so far consists of two things:

1) Blizzard liked the way flying worked out in WoD(which is a sick joke)
    2) Blizzard is on record as saying Flight will NOT be available at the launch of 7.0, but that players will be able to start work on unlocking it(presumably via some form of pathfinder-like achievements)

So here's the problem with that.

It too closely resembles what they said about flight in the months leading up to the launch of WoD. And we all know how that went. Waffling and excuses. Moreover, Blizzard often says and shows off a LOT of things before the launch of an expansion that never actually make it into the game. Despite that, we can make some educated guesses about how Flying will be handled in Legion:

With the launch date of Legion announced there hasn't been any new info available, so we have to go with the most likely scenario. Flight will almost certainly be unlocked via some form of Pathfinder achievement, probably not completeable until near the very end of the expansion(the last major content patch).

Unlikely scenario's include:

1) Flight being unlocked via some form of epic quest line, starting in 7.0 and finishing later in the expansion.

2) Blizzard unfucks themselves and creates some form of Flight unlock in 7.0.

3) Blizzard fucks everyone who wants flight and announces that it won't be in Legion at all.

Personally I think Blizzard is just going to be lazy and pull a repeat of WoD. But that's just my jaded opinion. xD
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-04-19 at 09:54 PM.

Unlikely scenario's include:

1) Flight being unlocked via some form of epic quest line, starting in 7.0 and finishing later in the expansion.
    If it would truly be epic, I think that one could actually be fine... if "later in the expansion" would mean first patch a few months in tops, and no later.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    If it would truly be epic, I think that one could actually be fine... if "later in the expansion" would mean first patch a few months in tops, and no later.
    Like I said, that's pretty unlikely as long as the same people who gave direction to WoD are also in charge of Legion. The only lessons they learned since then is how to better present the "No flying during current content" plan.

So you have to walk in new zones until the first patches are out.
    big deal. i cant imagine having to play the game as it was intended.

exploration + quests + rep = flying is a good model. it means you played the game.

how is this even 200+ pages long.

Never understood why people liked flying so much.

Wow I'm flying through the sky, I can't see or interact with anyone else and it totally breaks the game but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post

exploration + quests + rep = flying is a good model. it means you played the game.

Because the pro-flying clowns have long lost the meta-battle with Blizzard, and this is their last bastion where they can whinge, complain (albeit to each other) and find/cling to other like-minded members of their niche way of thinking.

Actually that isn't accurate at all given you can bypass most of the requirements for the meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Never understood why people liked flying so much.

Wow I'm flying through the sky, I can't see or interact with anyone else and it totally breaks the game but I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Because the pro-flying clowns have long lost the meta-battle with Blizzard, and this is their last bastion where they can whinge, complain (albeit to each other) and find/cling to other like-minded members of their niche way of thinking.
    If you guys actually spent the effort to understand what pro-fliers are looking for instead spouting off in an attempt to feel superior, you'd realize that we want what you want: For the game to be better.

I'd try to explain it in detain for the N'th time, but I expect you'd probably just dismiss it in favor of the more comfortable lies Blizzard is telling you.

Suffice to say, all the points I quoted above are based on false assumptions and bad stereotypes.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-04-20 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    So the "logical solution" you got was to come here and whinge, complain to other anti-fliers, and cling to other like-minded members of your niche way of thinking you managed to find?

Now THATS solid reasoning.

Like I said, that's pretty unlikely as long as the same people who gave direction to WoD are also in charge of Legion. The only lessons they learned since then is how to better present the "No flying during current content" plan.
    Well, yeah, you're probably right. I'll only believe otherwise if I see it. /shrug