Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    http://i.4cdn.org/v/1461116210077.webm

This guy is so hard amirite guise?
    Not going to lie I am slighty annoyed LOL.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really funny all the bosses with the exception of Soul of Cinder and The Nameless King didn't give me trouble. So whenever I see people on /v/ or this site freaking out about how they're getting royally wrecked by any other boss I can't understand them.

I could NOT do the Nameless King without upping my strength and then tanking him with the dragon armor greatshield. He's just so ridiculous. I refused to summon for him. I hate summoning for bosses.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2016-04-20 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.4cdn.org/v/1461116210077.webm

This guy is so hard amirite guise?
    Oh it's Ellajaz, yeah he started speed running it, of course.
    Astora Straight Sword > Everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not in DSIII. You can have ur HP reach a point where it doesn't really matter.

If someone has the numbers to prove me wrong that would be great and I would play embered more. To be fair tho I played hollowed 90% of the time in other DS games as well.
    Your health bar may be longer but that doesn't mean shit. Enemies in DS3 overall do a lot more damage relative to your health bar than other games. I've been 2 shot by enemies before in NG. That doesn't happen in DS1 or DS2. The embered health can mean the difference from being 2 shot or 3 shot and often it does end up being that difference. Nameless King 2 shots me unembered and 3 shots me while embered. That can easily mean a wipe or a kill.

Basically DS3 starts harder and NG+ means a lot less whereas DS1 and 2 start easier and scale much faster in NG+.

- - - Updated - - -

It's really funny all the bosses with the exception of Soul of Cinder and The Nameless King didn't give me trouble. So whenever I see people on /v/ or this site freaking out about how they're getting royally wrecked by any other boss I can't understand them.
    I can't understand how you got wrecked by the last boss. People have trouble with different things.

As for the video you posted, even if I knew the parry timings I wouldn't do it, because it's cheesy. Hence why I never parry Gwyn.

That honestly just seems cheap. I was actually planning on speed running DS3 eventually, after i'm done exploring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Your health bar may be longer but that doesn't mean shit. Enemies in DS3 overall do a lot more damage relative to your health bar than other games. I've been 2 shot by enemies before in NG. That doesn't happen in DS1 or DS2. The embered health can mean the difference from being 2 shot or 3 shot and often it does end up being that difference. Nameless King 2 shots me unembered and 3 shots me while embered. That can easily mean a wipe or a kill.

Basically DS3 starts harder and NG+ means a lot less whereas DS1 and 2 start easier and scale much faster in NG+.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't understand how you got wrecked by the last boss. People have trouble with different things.

As for the video you posted, even if I knew the parry timings I wouldn't do it, because it's cheesy. Hence why I never parry Gwyn.
    I suck at dodging. Plain and simple. If I can't tank a boss I usually struggle with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I've never been good at parries. Even so, didn't even know you could parry Gwyn until about a month ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I've never been good at parries. Even so, didn't even know you could parry Gwyn until about a month ago.
    You can parry almost every weapon wielding boss in DS2 if that floats your boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suck at dodging. Plain and simple. If I can't tank a boss I usually struggle with it.
    I think I may have read your post as being more condescending than it was intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You can parry almost every weapon wielding boss in DS2 if that floats your boat.
    Can you parry Dragonslayer armor? Never wanted to try, and missing a parry is ugh.

Ya I kinda want to respect and go all havel on the boss's LOL. I can't seem to dodge this boss worth shit and I suck at parrying in DS3. Then again I think it was only DS1 I was decent at it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I fucking love the Carthus Bloodring because it really makes you double down on dodging. But it also isn't just a crutch because you can use it offensively to keep the damage up. As someone who never uses shields, it is definitely bae.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Can you parry Dragonslayer armor? Never wanted to try, and missing a parry is ugh.
    No idea! I never bother cause parry is weird in this game.

Can someone give me details on how the Private Co-Op works? I know there isn't any level requirments in private. But do both of us have to drop our signs or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever is getting summoned drops the sign. Other person summons. Highest level gets scaled down if it's out of the range, similar to Bloodborne.

No idea! I never bother cause parry is weird in this game.
    You should try parrying with caestus. Apparently it has 0 frame startup and has an 18 frame window making it pretty good for parrying the instant an attack is about to land.

Also I didn't realize how armor is pretty much required in this game until I was getting 2 shot by Nameless King going naked flynns and carthus bloodring. Apparently just being fully equipped will always yield the same flat dmg reduction, but heavier armor increases the absorption which acts like a 1:1 % damage reduction before ~25 absorption. Usually I'd run naked in the other games because armor was always just a flat damage reduction making it worthless against bosses and generally worthless overall without upgrades and just made your rolls worse but it is almost required on bosses who hit very hard otherwise you can easily get staggered from 100-0 in a 2 hit combo.

Whoever is getting summoned drops the sign. Other person summons. Highest level gets scaled down if it's out of the range, similar to Bloodborne.
    K we was having trouble with it before but I think that was because he was a Sunbro and I wasn't.

Can only summon people in area's you didn't kill the boss right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    You should try parrying with caestus. Apparently it has 0 frame startup and has an 18 frame window making it pretty good for parrying the instant an attack is about to land.
    Oh nice.
    Also I didn't realize how armor is pretty much required in this game until I was getting 2 shot by Nameless King going naked flynns and carthus bloodring. Apparently just being fully equipped will always yield the same flat dmg reduction, but heavier armor increases the absorption which acts like a 1:1 % damage reduction before ~25 absorption. Usually I'd run naked in the other games because armor was always just a flat damage reduction making it worthless against bosses and generally worthless overall without upgrades and just made your rolls worse but it is almost required on bosses who hit very hard otherwise you can easily get staggered from 100-0 in a 2 hit combo.
    It's reverse chrono trigger naked syndrome. In other words wearing a full set yields you a flat damage reduction but unequiping one piece makes you lose a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    K we was having trouble with it before but I think that was because he was a Sunbro and I wasn't.

Can only summon people in area's you didn't kill the boss right?
    Don't think you need to be sunbro or anything to summon. Make sure the password is the same though.

And yes.

Don't think you need to be sunbro or anything to summon. Make sure the password is the same though.

And yes.
    Though so and ok thx

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post

The shadow set is very light if you want to have low equipment burden.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Ugh summoning can be infuriating. I'm trying to farm my 30 sunlight medals but half the time the boss fog gate is bugged and I can't enter it with the host. I know it's not on my end, because if the host summons two of us neither of us can enter.
    The dragon boss is super easy to farm
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne