Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Since when can pve players pick what item they want? Stop crying

Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    PvP is ment for those who actually want to compete in PvP, the idea of giving PvP gear for those who only dabble in PvP has always seemed idiotic to me, but it was extremely necessary (PvP Resilience, then PvP Power, then pure ilvl). Now it will no longer be necessary for even at the very top of gear, it will only be 5% difference from the very bottom to the very top, thus no longer necessary.
    You might want to check the numbers and realize its a little to a lot higher than that, depending on if current Alpha numbers remain or if the (older) 1%/10 iLevels number returns.

Nice, but not necessary. Also, you will rarely, if ever, be fighting against anyone that out gears you in the Arena or BG, for their Rating won't allow it.
    No, but their Heroic or Mythic PvE gear will.

The idea here is to treat PvP like PvE, that higher gear must be earned, not just won because you spent a few hours a day playing arena (and losing most of them) or, in case of WoD, you spend gold in the AH to buy full Conquest.

The "Majority" can go suck a dick, expecting to get the best stuff for being mediocre. The PvP scene in WoW has been shitty for the longest of times, hopefully it will no longer be the case in Legion.

An unfortunate consequence of this will be a huge influx of selling ratings, but such is life in an MMO, where guilds rake in a ton of gold by selling Mythic Gear/Mounts.
    You also have an inflated opinion of how many people PvP, what kind of PvP they do, and why they do it. Casual, non-rated PvP is the biggest single activity participated in in WoW.

Catering to a bunch of elitist jerkwads is what got WoW PvE where it is now, which is a giant mess. If every one of them, and every "elite" PvP player who wants to be "competitive" left - Blizzard wouldn't even notice the sub drop. Its such a small % of an already small % of players that they are literally statistically irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    ... cannot tell if Srs or trolling
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2016-04-20 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Actually, it isn't. It can be even more. Right now there is a 10 iLevel difference between Honor gear (basically freely available) and Conquest gear. People on the alpha are reporting a .25% stat boost to your entire template per item level above 800 (basically, 2.5% per 10 iLevels). Heroic Dungeon gear is ~830 ish. Mythic gear is 890-900. Thats a 15% boost or so.

This idea is awful.
    Excuse the slight distrust, but the PvP templates for creating 110 characters have a sets already in place. And I've could have sworn the chests rewarded at the end of each match were empty, because it was merely for testing templates.

So how are they testing higher ilvl gear? They can't access outdoor areas except for Dalaran on the PvP specified realm either...unless that was changed.

Also the idea is not "awful" just implemented badly in this instance. You could easily lower the percentage stat increase related to ilvl.

Currently we deal with a 25-50% disparity in dps or heals depending on the class with the 30 ilvl difference currently. 15% may not be great, but it is definitely not worse than it is now.
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2016-04-20 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unstableone View Post
    Stats reaching inflated levels again
    As if they haven't been inflated consistently for the past 3 expansions... there is no "again" if it never stopped... stats haven't gone up by a reasonable amount with an Xpack release since WotLK, the WotLK to Cata jump was way too much, the Cata to MoP jump was insane, and even after the squish we were still above what should have been reasonable for Cata to MoP...

I understand the need to get stronger with each expansion, but it should never be to that extent, it's unnecessary.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-04-20 at 04:24 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Actually, it isn't. It can be even more. Right now there is a 10 iLevel difference between Honor gear (basically freely available) and Conquest gear. People on the alpha are reporting a .25% stat boost to your entire template per item level above 800 (basically, 2.5% per 10 iLevels). Heroic Dungeon gear is ~830 ish. Mythic gear is 890-900. Thats a 15% boost or so.

This idea is awful.
    0.25% per ilvl is certainly a lot more then 0.1%.

The effect will be lessened abit by less then 1% (gladiators + mythic raiders who care about pvp) having the max ilvl gear, but at heroic gear level which probably around 20% of players can attain the difference is probably still 10-12%.

Deleted
    I am not sure about it. Seems like random battlegrounds haven't given a good place in the gearing process.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^This.

And no, who cares what items you wear in pvp, if you're not like god-tier top .01% you won't be affected.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    0.25% per ilvl is certainly a lot more then 0.1%.

The effect will be lessened abit by less then 1% (gladiators + mythic raiders who care about pvp) having the max ilvl gear, but at heroic gear level which probably around 20% of players can attain the difference is probably still 10-12%.
    They will deff tweak the numbers to be somewhere between 1-5% tops

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urok View Post
    They will deff tweak the numbers to be somewhere between 1-5% tops
    I also forgot that the scaling per ilvl varies from spec to spec for balance reasons. So the 0.25% number could simply be from a under performing spec, and the average could be closer to the previously stated 0.1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Currently we deal with a 25-50% disparity in dps or heals depending on the class with the 30 ilvl difference currently. 15% may not be great, but it is definitely not worse than it is now.
    The iLevel diference currently is TEN iLevels, not 30.

And a flat 15% boost to EVERY SINGLE STAT is a lot more powerful than the % gains from iLevel going up, currently, and will actually be ever worse in Legion (where they are removing secondary stats from the exponential growth formula).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I also forgot that the scaling per ilvl varies from spec to spec for balance reasons. So the 0.25% number could simply be from a under performing spec, and the average could be closer to the previously stated 0.1%.
    This information is absolutely nowhere i can find. The iLevel scaling is not different - the STAT templates are different based on spec. An Afflock, for instance, (currently) has a much larger stam stack than Destro or Demo. But that isn't based on the iLevel scaling, that's just the base Afflock stat template.

Every piece of info i can find is multiple people playing almost all the specs seeing .25% per iLevel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urok View Post
    ^This. (referring to "since when can PvErs pick the item they want")

And no, who cares what items you wear in pvp, if you're not like god-tier top .01% you won't be affected.
    .. well, every expansion except this one, chief. Even in MoP, there were vendors selling (for Valor or whatever) current-tier iLevel gear and for a lot of specs, several of those pieces could be best in slot.

A raid boss doesn't increase in HP over time. This is why this type of system fails for PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

The iLevel diference currently is TEN iLevels, not 30.

And a flat 15% boost to EVERY SINGLE STAT is a lot more powerful than the % gains from iLevel going up, currently, and will actually be ever worse in Legion (where they are removing secondary stats from the exponential growth formula).

- - - Updated - - -

This information is absolutely nowhere i can find. The iLevel scaling is not different - the STAT templates are different based on spec. An Afflock, for instance, (currently) has a much larger stam stack than Destro or Demo. But that isn't based on the iLevel scaling, that's just the base Afflock stat template.

Every piece of info i can find is multiple people playing almost all the specs seeing .25% per iLevel.

- - - Updated - - -

.. well, every expansion except this one, chief. Even in MoP, there were vendors selling (for Valor or whatever) current-tier iLevel gear and for a lot of specs, several of those pieces could be best in slot.
    My worry is that Holinka keeps saying that every 10 ilevels should result in 1% gain but for some reason either people's numbers are off or Holinka is misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    A raid boss doesn't increase in HP over time. This is why this type of system fails for PVP.

- - - Updated - - -

My worry is that Holinka keeps saying that every 10 ilevels should result in 1% gain but for some reason either people's numbers are off or Holinka is misleading.
    He doesn't keep saying it. He said it before PvP testing in the Alpha started. (Actually, before the Alpha even launched). It was repeated by a few Blizz people after that, but that particular number hasn't been trotted out in the last few months.

And .. hell, even if it WERE 10 iLevel/1% - thats' still a 9% gap between fresh 100s and the high end. That's immense, particularly as a flat increase to every single stat.

He doesn't keep saying it. He said it before PvP testing in the Alpha started. (Actually, before the Alpha even launched). It was repeated by a few Blizz people after that, but that particular number hasn't been trotted out in the last few months.

And .. hell, even if it WERE 10 iLevel/1% - thats' still a 9% gap between fresh 100s and the high end. That's immense, particularly as a flat increase to every single stat.
    I am not too concerned with secondary stat scaling. But the primary stat scaling is more concerning as Blizz tends to tie in a lot of damage modifiers with primary stats.

And yeah when I looked at the ilevel differences between lower level gear and raid gear...I lol'd because the gap is so huge that even at 1% per 10 levels that is way too much power difference for the first season.

Deleted
    Is there still elite gear then?

Don't tell me they are moving elite gear into Prestige

PVp gear differences should be 0%

Deleted
    Time invested + skills= reward. Seems good to me.
    The community seems to dislike LFR because it is boring and gives free gear. Why on earth would anyone then complain about gear from pvp being tied to skill requirements ? I don't get it....
    And don't forget, that for pvp we get fixed stats, and only get something like 0,3 of the power from the gear we are wearing. And the pvp talents are way more important - they really make a difference ! (my own experience so far).
    Trust me, there is nothing to fear..

You might want to check the numbers and realize its a little to a lot higher than that, depending on if current Alpha numbers remain or if the (older) 1%/10 iLevels number returns.
    Really, I might want to check my numbers in the alpha stage where they have stated, time and time again, that stuff still has to be balanced? No. Blizzard already stated, and it's even in this very own post that you didn't bother to check, that the rate will be about 1% per 10 ilvl. They also don't want to allow there to be a significant difference between the very best and the standard, it should be around 5% top.

Do you even read what you type? Or are you just that stupid? The amount of skill it takes to PvE Mythic content easily puts players well above the mediocre line in PvP. They might not be better than your pure pvp centered players, i.e. gladiators, but they sure as hell are better than the 1500 rating scrubs. Also, if you like PvP and you play a lot of PvP and are losing to a PvE player who isn't that great at PvP just because he has 1~3% more stats than you, then you should really reflect on how bad you actually are.

You also have an inflated opinion of how many people PvP, what kind of PvP they do, and why they do it. Casual, non-rated PvP is the biggest single activity participated in in WoW.

Catering to a bunch of elitist jerkwads is what got WoW PvE where it is now, which is a giant mess. If every one of them, and every "elite" PvP player who wants to be "competitive" left - Blizzard wouldn't even notice the sub drop. Its such a small % of an already small % of players that they are literally statistically irrelevant.
    This is cute, srsly, I mean it. The fact that you think this way makes me laugh inside. Casuals have always been, and always will be, canon fodder in PvP. They are those easy targets, easy to stun lock and burst down, that you see. Also, I have yet to meet a casual to gives a crap about gear, they don't gem, they don't echant, they don't min-max, they don't care. Simple as that.

Everything you are sayings marks you as a Badsual, a bad player who can't do anything (i.e. can't break the 1700 rating barrier or do heroic raids), and blames everything on lack of gear, that believes he is entitled to it and that with said gear you would be as good as the "Elitists", and uses the real casuals (people who literally don't give a shit about having the very best gear) to further their fucked up agenda. I've seen a lot of your kind in my Raids, people who constantly under perform with their class.

Grow up kid, if you want to do everything a game has to offer, I recommend playing Single Player games, but don't try Dark Souls, caz' I'm sure your "casual" ass wouldn't be able to handle it. Learn that when it comes to an MMO, your ability will always be tested, and if you want the best, you have to be the best. There has never been an MMO in the history of EVER that allowed casuals to deck themselves out (Pay 2 Win not included).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.. This makes me want to not even play WoW anymore as a PvP player.

Quote Originally Posted by unstableone View Post
    Info just leaked.

No pvp vendor.

Gear comes from RNG lockboxes from wins:
    • bg/skirm = dungeon heroic ilevel
    • "1700" rating = normal raid
    • "gladiator" = mythic

Guess they never learned from the previous mistake of gear tied to "rated" anything. FOTM specs [or combos] get gear and the rest get hosed. And nowadays, cheating is practically guaranteed and somewhat allowed.

Current gear acquisition system (aka in wod) is the best it has ever been.
    Legion pvp gear acquisition is bad for the majority of the player base.
    Bwahahaha.

That seals it completely. PVP in Legion is effing done.

I don't care about PVE, but raiders will cry bloody tears, too, and they will *have* to do rated PVP as well, because if they don't, they will lose out on guaranteed pieces and the wintrades will make sure the ilvls of these pieces are right up where they matter.

How clueless can these Blizzard idiots be?!!! It's amazing.

Legion, the final trainwreck.

Deleted
    Instead of RNG strongbox system and big rating thresholds they should make it progressive and allow us to buy item pieces. I made a spreadsheet outlining how I would make the gear acquisition work.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

- - - Updated - - -

... cannot tell if Srs or trolling
    lool, dude none of your counters make sense. It's in alpha pre-tuning. The intent is that its 10 ilvl to 1% if it's wrong they will fix it. Especially cuz the point of alpha and beta testing is to find the bugs.

people fight people at different gear levels at low mmr all the time. people in honor blues making it to 1600 mmr are competing with those same people that are bad and fully geared.

WoW pve didn't go down hill because of elitist jerks. it was the fact that no one has to work to beat the content as much and the lack of sense of community. The biggest thing people miss about the original content was the community that made everything so much more fun.

pve players picking what item they want...? maybe you mean something different. Is English your second language? I mean last time I checked I had to kill bosses several time for tier to drop. They dont just pop up a window at the end and let you select something off the corpse...