Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The hardest thing for me is that I was playing her in overwatch recently and I keep trying to reload with R and using blink instead of mount to get somewhere fast.

- - - Updated - - -

If you ask me total recall should be standard on this character, not a level 20 talent. The entire point of recall in overwatch is not only to get you out of a jam but to remove debuffs/reload gun/get health back. She is literally traveling back in time to a point where she had a full clip and full health.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I have been doing a punching build with longer grenade throw.

Also don't count on butcher taking her down, every time butcher would charge me I would do 3 leaps to my gates and he would eat canons. E gets you away from the rest.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-04-20 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The hardest thing for me is that I was playing her in overwatch recently and I keep trying to reload with R and using blink instead of mount to get somewhere fast.

- - - Updated - - -

If you ask me total recall should be standard on this character, not a level 20 talent. The entire point of recall in overwatch is not only to get you out of a jam but to remove debuffs/reload gun/get health back.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I have been doing a punching build with longer grenade throw.
    Slipstream, Untouchable, Bullet Time, Pulse Rounds, Leeching Rounds, Sleight of Hand and Total Recall is my favourite build atm. There's a high skill ceiling on this hero imo.

my whole problem with this champion or just the character in general, it that it sounds like blizzard had an american do a terribly australian/cockney accent instead of paying someone to come in and do the voice overs. her voice makes me cringe especially when she pronounces some words.

It's an old topic mentioned over and over. It's a dead horse by this point.

Tried a bomb spam build. A lot of fun really if you can get the melee hits in

Quote Originally Posted by ewokgangbang View Post
    my whole problem with this champion or just the character in general, it that it sounds like blizzard had an american do a terribly australian/cockney accent instead of paying someone to come in and do the voice overs. her voice makes me cringe especially when she pronounces some words.
    I have a British guildmate who's throwing up in his mouth whenever he hears her talk.

The only thing I can think about as hard counter to Tracer is Pyro Kael, every other hero can't do thing to her even the melee heroes like Illidan, Greymane, Butcher and Zeratul. All these mentioned heroes can do pokes and may initiate damage but blink and recall get her safe every time. Kael can instantly cast living bombs and pyro to finish her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    The only thing I can think about as hard counter to Tracer is Pyro Kael, every other hero can't do thing to her even the melee heroes like Illidan, Greymane, Butcher and Zeratul. All these mentioned heroes can do pokes and may initiate damage but blink and recall get her safe every time. Kael can instantly cast living bombs and pyro to finish her.
    Pyro on any character with a blink isn't a smart idea, they can usually cancel any damage by blinking at the last possible moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Pyro on any character with a blink isn't a smart idea, they can usually cancel any damage by blinking at the last possible moment.
    You mean recall not blink, but I got your idea. I might didn't phrase right, It's not gonna be chain cast of living bomb > pyro but I meant do some dmg (any dmg) to let pyro kill her instantly when she gets it in the face.

All heroes I think of considered to be slow to catch her and she completely negates ton load of skill shot abilities from all heroes combined.

there is an advantage to forcing tracer to recall, the ability is on ~25 second average CD

When I run into a sylvanus or tracer in QM it comes down to who has more life when the fight initiates. I killed a hunt Illidan multiple times yesterday because every time he would hunt me I would blink 3 times behind my gates.

You mean recall not blink, but I got your idea. I might didn't phrase right, It's not gonna be chain cast of living bomb > pyro but I meant do some dmg (any dmg) to let pyro kill her instantly when she gets it in the face.

All heroes I think of considered to be slow to catch her and she completely negates ton load of skill shot abilities from all heroes combined.
    Well I don't know since I don't own Tracer yet so I wouldn't have been able to test it but heroes like Li-Ming, Zeratul and any hero with Bolt can negate Pyroblast completely by using these abilities right before it's about to be hit. It all depends on whether the game sees Tracer's Q as a dash or a blink effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    there is an advantage to forcing tracer to recall, the ability is on ~25 second average CD
    Forgoing Phoenix and popping a 100 sec cooldown to force a 24 second cooldown is a REALLY bad trade.

Well I don't know since I don't own Tracer yet so I wouldn't have been able to test it but heroes like Li-Ming, Zeratul and any hero with Bolt can negate Pyroblast completely by using these abilities right before it's about to be hit. It all depends on whether the game sees Tracer's Q as a dash or a blink effect.
    Tooltip says dash.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Tooltip says dash.
    Yeah, Blink won't negate Pyro. Recall can.

So I keep hearing people complain Tracer is OP. I tried playing her. She is just so fragile. I'll just AA and if I try go melee range, I usually die before I can blink or recall out. Let alone W+Bomb+E/Q. :/

I end up low hero damage, low siege damage and prettu much low everything except kill assists.

Me being a very casual player may have something to do with this though...

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    So I keep hearing people complain Tracer is OP. I tried playing her. She is just so fragile. I'll just AA and if I try go melee range, I usually die before I can blink or recall out. Let alone W+Bomb+E/Q. :/

I end up low hero damage, low siege damage and prettu much low everything except kill assists.

Me being a very casual player may have something to do with this though...
    High skill ceiling. She's fairly easy (i'd say) to play to some extent. But to be top damage and unkillable you really need to pull some plays because of her low hp.

It's also what makes her fun, the thrill!

I've been trying to think about what heroes can counter Tracer, and I think I've come up with a few choices (a couple were mentioned above):

Brightwing and her Polymorph: As it's not a skill shot, there is little aiming required. Brightwing needs to be in close proximity to her team to heal effectively, so as Tracer tries to infiltrate the backline, Brightwing can make her regret her decision.

Malfurion and Twilight Dream: Again, no aiming required, as it is an AoE silence. The same situation as Brightwing applies here; if Tracer is silenced, she can't Blink or Rewind, leaving her VERY vulnerable.

The Butcher and Lamb to the Slaughter: It will take some co-ordination and timing after a stun to land, but connecting Lamb to the Slaughter on a Tracer would guarantee a kill on her.

And, Sylvanas and her Mind Control could also have potential... if you can catch her with it.

Stuns of course are powerful versus Tracer, and auto-attack heroes have an easier time of actually hitting her, but silences will be the most effective method for dealing with Tracer, in my opinion. What do you all think?

As long as QM generating shitty match ups, dual tanks...triple spec and all kinds of wacko set ups you can't get pretty conclusion on Tracer, all things we list here based on first impressions. When we can use her on ranked games ?

Forgoing Phoenix and popping a 100 sec cooldown to force a 24 second cooldown is a REALLY bad trade.
    Eh? i wasnt refering to that, should have probably quoted and specified but i meant general low cost abilities that force her to use recall

It's always fun to see some tracers run away from a bunch of people, get pretty low and use recall, simply ending up in the middle of everyone chasing her. People, this is not how you're supposed to use it.

As long as QM generating shitty match ups, dual tanks...triple spec and all kinds of wacko set ups you can't get pretty conclusion on Tracer, all things we list here based on first impressions. When we can use her on ranked games ?
    Anyone who has levelled her to 5 can use her right away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    It's always fun to see some tracers run away from a bunch of people, get pretty low and use recall, simply ending up in the middle of everyone chasing her. People, this is not how you're supposed to use it.
    Ssssh! Their failures make my mediocrity look better.