Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    gonna miss the juke box alot since i actually went out and got some music scrolls, love karazhan opera playing in my garrison

I like garrison only downside was that its was for you only. Would be more happy if had bigger garrison for entire guild and did stuff together to build it up and maintain guild garrison. Maybe in future when blizzard is like hey maybe this mmo should be around people playing together instead 99% solo and 1% teamwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Easy gold, nothing else, which is why I'm stockpiling and will continue to until 7.0 happens in late July/early August.

Up to ~1.5M so far and climbing.
    How the hell do you make so much gold with the garrison? I never understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Easy have 22 alts with all treasure hunters both followers and shipyard and collect and send all of them everyday.

Most work is getting everything that far. Takes time but onces up and running its easy.

Made what 2 mil sins shipyard came. Spend around 800k on subs with gold so got around 1.2 mil over 2 realms. Payed sub sins token with gold. Could not stock pile tokens when they where cheap sadly so had build garrison and buy tokens for long time before profit rolled in.
    Last edited by Az0na; 2016-04-20 at 10:41 AM.

Some people miss their abusers when they are no longer around so this thread doesn't surprise me.

Well I enjoy my garrison. Maybe an improvement would have been to remove the gathering from it. I still like the idea of have buildings with specific uses in it that support your existing professions or gives you the basics if you don't have the profession. Example having the forge required to prepare the materials needed to create the highest ranked armor. And if you do not have BS you could use it if u want to create the basic armor. I think it fits well with it all.

Also people always talk about crafting and garrisons, there were many other buildings that had nothing to do with crafting. The goblin one is really fun imo. The PVP one gives some nice positives too. They all have their additions that enhances your character without feeling mandatory.

I think it was an overall good system. If you are lazy and then just spend time in it doing nothing i guess its your choice.

On a side note and maybe not very relevant, i would have preferred that items are made with a mix of gathering professions rather then just one. Making an armor set just out of oar does not make much sense. Heavy armor should use mainly mining materials but also some extras like cloth, leather, gems and so on... Same for other professions...
    Created on the 25th April 2005.
    Protection Warrior since the old days of UBRS.

P.S. Make a part of your warrior community happy and bring Gladiator Stance back...

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Except we are playing World of Queuecraft. At this point in the games life I no longer care about seeing players around me, I dont need a reminder that players are there as long as the timers dont change I know people are around. To fix that mentality you have to do a hell of alot more than getting people out of garrisons.
    Ditching the garrison is but one step.

If you don't care about there being other people around (idle or not)...why play an MMO?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    1.5 mio from garrison actually isn't a lot..
    I am past 8 mio and counting..

As for likes and dislikes... that's an opinion thing, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
    If one doesn't like the garrisons, that's their own thing and opinion. Other people like them. Some even love them.

For myself, I liked a lot of aspects with the garrison, and will likely continue keeping it as a personal base.
    True that they're getting nerfed once again comes Legion, and that removes the gold missions.
    But one can still make use of some things, and even a little bit of revenue can be drawn from them.
    I certainly prefer the quiet environment of my garrison over the crowded clutter of the cities. Especially banking/auctioning I can do a lot better that way. It's a bit like being in my office. When I work I don't have 100 ppl in my office either lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    1.5 mio from garrison actually isn't a lot..
    I am past 8 mio and counting..
    You didn't actually answer the question, nobody cares how much gold you have

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Ditching the garrison is but one step.

If you don't care about there being other people around (idle or not)...why play an MMO?
    An MMO normally means to play with other people. WoW - over time - decayed to a game where you essentially play against other people.
    You're having fun questing, whether alone or with friends.. along comes someone else, and you can bet your merry ass how they try to snatch that quest object before you can get to it.. Be it items to be collected, be it mobs to be killed. The community sense is egomaniac to say the least.
    That's why so many people are happy for every mechanic that allows you to play alone instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    You didn't actually answer the question, nobody cares how much gold you have
    The answer on how to make millions with garrisons is already several times given on these forums in other threads.. use the search options..
    I only pointed out that 1.5 mio is not a lot..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    An MMO normally means to play with other people. WoW - over time - decayed to a game where you essentially play against other people.
    You're having fun questing, whether alone or with friends.. along comes someone else, and you can bet your merry ass how they try to snatch that quest object before you can get to it.. Be it items to be collected, be it mobs to be killed. The community sense is egomaniac to say the least.
    That's why so many people are happy for every mechanic that allows you to play alone instead.
    I wouldn't say it decayed into that so much as a lot of such things (mob tagging, slow quest item respawns, etc.) have been there since the game launched. They've been addressing the mob tagging and quest item respawns over the years, although I can't help but wonder if such changes were inspired by other games.

I'ma miss those things too cause I'm lazy, but those things are big parts of exactly why the thing is awful for the game.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Garrisons were an awesome idea, that was poorly implemented. If the garrison had less focus on professions and more focus on cosmetic enhancements for your buildings with more freedom to place stuff, garrisons would be near perfect. After experiencing player housing in Rift and Wildstar I had high expectations for wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    While I agree most things about the garrison were awful, I'm sure gonna miss the easy gold, the mine and the herb garden. It was nice that you could have blacksmithing, engineering, alchemy, or inscription without needing to have a gathering profession along with it. I'm gonna miss that in Legion.
    sadly you love it for the wrong reasons and i hope these are certainly corrected in legion.

i too will miss garrisons but as a concept rather than the ez mod it created for proffs/gold

I will miss how depressing and barren the Horde garrisons looked.

I can't say I can miss anything from my garrison. Also kinda sick of its snowy location and orc architecture...

I liked the idea of followers but the phone-game tap-n-wait hours-long mission shit can die in a fire.

Would have been happier if they worked more like SWTOR.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

I hate my garrison because its ugly, the horde garrison sucks, but other than that I don't mind them at all. I've enjoyed the gold, the mats, and the large buildings. The profession buildings were meh. Salvage yard I liked for the random stuff it dropped, got a couple cool transmogs out of it.

I thought stables, Inn, Trading Post, store house, and the Mini Arena buildings were cool concepts. I think there is some stuff within the Garrison I wouldn't mind taking with us like those buildings. I think we can do without the profession based buildings unless you make the mats not soulbound so we can sell or funnel them somewhere.

I didn't mind the follower stuff, it felt like a secondary thing to me the entire time, I never thought it took away from me doing stuff. I did the table then did my dailies as well, so it never replaced doing things for me but added to my daily log in and got me some gold and random items. It gave me a good excuse to log into some of my dead alts that I usually just level for the gold from leveling and to tool around on once in a blue moon. Now, I log into them daily and sort of care about them a little more aesthetically and they aren't just some name on a list I never use unless I need their profession for something that day.

Shipyard I've not been a fan of at all. Not sure why exactly, maybe because it feels exactly like the follower table, but has a much large resource sink and a "chance" to loose your follower for ever, which was more annoying than anything so I just did 100% missions all the time. In a game where nothing dies forever I thought this was stupid. I think "can't use X ship because it was damaged during the battle for Y timeframe" is a better way to handle failed missions.

I do miss a big centralized major city. I am not a fan of Warspear and I'll be glad to be done with these Pop up military bases as major cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I wouldn't say it decayed into that so much as a lot of such things (mob tagging, slow quest item respawns, etc.) have been there since the game launched. They've been addressing the mob tagging and quest item respawns over the years, although I can't help but wonder if such changes were inspired by other games.
    The difference is that the game at launch was a very, very different beast where you HAD to interact with people to do things past solo quests. Even leveling included a lot of elite quests and leveling instances (yes, thoses were a thing at one time...). Smaller community (restricted to your own server) meant reputation existed, more outdoor content and less reliance on automation meant you were forced to actually communicate. All that made for others players to be, well, players, and not just bots.
    In fact, mob tagging is not being "adressed" as "made irrelevant", which amusingly make grouping even LESS important.

Im gonna miss the followers who salutes and greets me when i come online... Since none of my friends does it FeelsBadMan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.