The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So basically...world of dailies? : /
    Sorta kinda not really. It's like...they have them, but the direct gear acquisition is no longer relevant. So you have them there, so you can do all the things if you want...but you could just smash out Arcterra like Rift on steroids.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Sorta kinda not really. It's like...they have them, but the direct gear acquisition is no longer relevant. So you have them there, so you can do all the things if you want...but you could just smash out Arcterra like Rift on steroids.
    But I thought you said you needed to do them for amp/ability points >.>

I'm Netflixing and farming Arcterra bosses now to buy some support gear (since I'm using the acterra whites and filling in the rest with PvP gear) while I continue to wait for a vet adventure to pop. Dunno how long I'll be able to tolerate it but at least I have more Death in Paradise to keep my occupied.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played wildstar since launch, but I was thinking of coming back. I read that there was a steam version that is supposed to be better in some way. Do you guys recommend I wait for that version or download the one from the devs own website?

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    I haven't played wildstar since launch, but I was thinking of coming back. I read that there was a steam version that is supposed to be better in some way. Do you guys recommend I wait for that version or download the one from the devs own website?
    The game is coming to Steam, but that just means you can download it there. Same game as everyone else using the native launcher is playing. Doesn't matter where you play from.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is coming to Steam, but that just means you can download it there. Same game as everyone else using the native launcher is playing. Doesn't matter where you play from.
    So the cool new player intro thing I see you guys raving about isn't a steam exclusive? If so, I'm downloading the update right now. However, I still have the PTR launcher and it seems to work. We will see if I can play lol

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    So the cool new player intro thing I see you guys raving about isn't a steam exclusive? If so, I'm downloading the update right now. However, I still have the PTR launcher and it seems to work. We will see if I can play lol
    Nope, but the assumption is that the update that puts it in the live game will be timed to Steam launch. It's just like any other MMO, there's only one "live" service, regardless of where you access it from.

10+ Year Old Account
    But I thought you said you needed to do them for amp/ability points >.>
    Those points come from like...everywhere. I think PvP is the quickest way to get them, but you can buy them with elder gems, you can get one set from doing all expeditions on gold for renown, and then there's some for each rep. People complained when the game first launched b/c it was just an elder gem grind with a weekly cap, now points are added to like all content you can do.

It's still a bit of a sink to get a full character, but other than raiding and feeling 100% superior you feel decently balanced before you get them. AMP pts allow for better rotations and more consistent damage in a raid setting. For questing and even things like Arcterra, having a little gear goes further than the points will.
    BAD WOLF

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...ge-april-2225/

So you remember that boss hunt event that was pretty much universally disliked by community?

IT'S BACK WITH NO CHANGES!

-__________________________________________________-

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd make a witty remark about the old slogan "the Devs are listening", but I'm pretty sure they've left them all go.

Q.Q

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I'd make a witty remark about the old slogan "the Devs are listening", but I'm pretty sure they've left them all go.

Q.Q
    Well, they're actually listening to some stuff. Polled folks about possibly removing factions and let us know they're at least allowing cross-faction grouping for stuff like dungeons/adventures. New poll up about class/race restrictions as well.

Guess this was something they already had planned and it worked well enough for them to bring it back without any changes : /

7+ Year Old Account
    Jokes aside, I'm hoping that a decent reception from a Steam release could breathe a little bit of life into the game. I'd hate for this thing to legitimately get abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Jokes aside, I'm hoping that a decent reception from a Steam release could breathe a little bit of life into the game. I'd hate for this thing to legitimately get abandoned.
    The problem with WS isn't level 50, it's level 3-49. They need to re-vamp the heck out of that or they'll lose 97% of whomever joins on Steam.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the leveling experience a great deal the first time. I just don't have a desire to do it again. :/

That's probably why I cheesed out 3 or 4 characters in Arcterra the last double XP weekend.

Wildstar killed itself with his stupid levelling.

I nearly died getting to level 50. It was so boring and painful I think it destroyed something in me.

It's sad because I really liked a lot of things about this game.

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    IT'S BACK WITH NO CHANGES!

-__________________________________________________-
    :-/

I mean....I guess there's no harm in just flipping those event switches on and off now, buuuut....considering they just released a zone where it is imperative all the peoples be in that zone and never leave, seems really stupid that the first event you decide to switch on requires all those people to leave and go somewhere else.

Like....are they high?
    BAD WOLF

Oh yeah, it probably doesn't apply to those raid bosses, huh...

Oh well, GW2 QoL patch is out today, so WS is likely going to fall by the wayside for a while for me. I want to keep playing, but between being unable to find a vet adventure for 3 days between LFG chat and the automated system and getting close to being burnt out on Acterra already, the game's shine is getting a bit dull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, GW2 QoL patch is out today
    Hrm....still going to be playing this one, but oops opened the launcher to update >.>
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    The keys are only 40 bits ? I really can't understand the problem ?
    So we have a world boss event, the bosses drop some really nice stuff!
    Am I right in thinking just because a F2P game, that locks no game content, sticks a few extra cosmetic items behind a cash or game currency, that players are upset ?

What a load of hypercritical BS....Leading up to the event you would have had the opportunity to acquire lots of free coins, so let me get this right ? Winning nothing for nothing is the problem ?
    And yes you could spend real cash and buy NCOIN...but the game does not force that option.

@Edge can't really understand the adventure thing, already told you they are now obsolete game content, and no one does them
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2016-04-20 at 10:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess *IF* this applies to Arcterra, of which there is no confirmation at this point, it will be 'ok'. Neither terrible nor great, but it's still the most derpy move by a Developer that is out of touch with their game and community. Like I'd rather just ignore the event and play the game normally and I'd be less irritated.

Seems like they are content with the money people keep giving them for other things and they need to prey on their loyal customers as much as possible. I'm totally on board with needing to financially support them, since I've had a free sub for over a year at this point, but damn....this stuff is just dumb.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I can fully understand players doing or not doing the event.
    Speaking for just myself, I have 2 fresh level 50, both around item level 50 from the double XP weekend! From personal experience I also know doing the boss event for a few hours on each char, will reward me with a great weapon and gear.
    Being subbed I have 1,300 bits just waiting to spend, so may or may not buy 10 keys in the hope of getting the pet