Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I see your bratwurst and raise you this:

Sausage cooked with peppers, onion, garlic, carrots in a tomato sauce.
    Yeah, this tastes nice but it lacks two most important things for me:

1.) it's not from Thuringia (big minus)
    2.) you need a pot and can't just eat it on the go

The other type of food from here is Thüringer Rostbrätl (roasted beef served with bread, caramelized onions and beer).
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I just don't consider "fast food" . . . food
    Careful. Thuringia hasn't exported much, but you're dissing the best grilled sausage in existance on this planet.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Careful. Thuringia hasn't exported much, but you're dissing the best grilled sausage in existance on this planet.
    idk, Wisconsin beer brats are pretty badass. Boil the bratwurst with beer and onions, then grill them on high heat to get a char. Goes with mustard, caramelized onions, and either a pickle or tangy relish.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

And I am sure we can make a wonderful dish from that sausage instead of just sticking it on a bun and eating it on the road as if someone is chasing us and we cannot stand in front of a table and eat

Cut it in slices, caramelise onions on a pan, add the sausage then thicken the fat from cooking it with some white wine and add the sauce to pasta!
    That's not why you stuff ground meat into intestines, you heathen! You do it precisely so you can stick it on a bun and have the best thing to any meal, meat, pure and unadulterated by fancy "cuisine" ruining the taste of grilled sausage with flavour killers like white wine.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

And I am sure we can make a wonderful dish from that sausage instead of just sticking it on a bun and eating it on the road as if someone is chasing us and we cannot stand in front of a table and eat

Cut it in slices, caramelise onions on a pan, add the sausage then thicken the fat from cooking it with some white wine and add the sauce to pasta!
    Your story is incorrect. We stick it on a bun so that we can hold a beer in our other hand.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    idk, Wisconsin beer brats are pretty badass. Boil the bratwurst with beer and onions, then grill them on high heat to get a char. Goes with mustard, caramelized onions, and either a pickle or tangy relish.
    Oh, now everyone's a sausage expert all of a sudden.

In all seriousness, that's the beauty about sausages, you can do just about anything with them. Including, and I shit you not, putting them on a pizza.

- - - Updated - - -

Your story is incorrect. We stick it on a bun so that we can hold a beer in our other hand.
    This man understands it!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post

Chicken Tikka Masala.
    I fucking love this dish to death..

Deleted

Ah this I can respect.

- - - Updated - - -

There are people who do NOT put sausage on their pizza? Why would they do this?
    Heck I remember having pizza whose crust was stuffed with sausage.
    Hell yeah, never disrespect a man who wants to stuff sausage and beer into his face simultaneously.

Anyway, someone probably already posted this one, but (imo) one of the best things in the US is seafood gumbo:

15+ Year Old Account
    I just don't consider "fast food" . . . food
    Depends, of course there's kiosks selling them too. In general grilling events are more of a social thing here and bear little semblance of actual visiting a fast food restaurant. My company actually has a special brick-made oven for that outside. We also have a Bratwurst museum here. It's simple and delicious and has a long tradition and as Slant said, we don't have many food to export, well except for Thüringer Klöße (raspeballs) which is the historical result of people constantly being impoverished here and making delicious food out of simple stuff.

Doesn't mean I don't like Mediterranean food though.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Depends, of course there's kiosks selling them too. In general grilling events are more of a social thing here and bear little semblance of actual visiting a fast food restaurant. My company actually has a special brick-made oven for that outside. We also have a Bratwurst museum here. It's simple and delicious and has a long tradition and as Slant said, we don't have many food to export, well except for Thüringer Klöße (raspeballs) which is the historical result of people constantly being impoverished here and making delicious food out of simple stuff.

Doesn't mean I don't like Mediterranean food though.
    Just remembered, Wisconsin has a mustard museum, and also a sausage museum. Seriously. Although, that's where most Germans landed when they immigrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fritaja is not bad either...its pretty much just eggs and some stuff you trow into it:

(i like mine with some meat, spices and potato)

Štruklji:

(you place it in cloth and boil it)

Močnik:

Cant go wrong with Cviček:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Gumbo is just amazing. And it can be very tricky to get just right. We make something similar in Greece but the tomato sauce is quite thicker.
    Yeah. That picture has thinner sauce than how I make it. There's no tomato in the sauce, just an extremely dark roux and stock. Okra or gumbo fillet to thicken more. The spice comes from the sausage it's simmered with. Can do anything with it from that point. At a cajun restaurant I worked at, the gumbo pot was basically food disposal. We'd throw pulled pork, smoked chicken, random bits of different sausage. The shrimp always had to be done to order, though, because it only takes a minute or two to cook.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gumbo looks so good I gotta try cooking it some day. Found quite a few easy recipes for it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I never liked darker roux, I just don't like the starchy taste And hey, a lot of great foods are essentially what home cooks created to deal with leftovers, like pizza and pies.
    That's a great observation. A lot of well-known US cuisine is poor folk food that our immigrants brought over, then modified by what was available in the area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Gumbo looks so good I gotta try cooking it some day. Found quite a few easy recipes for it already.
    Do eeeet!!!! It's not hard. Just takes some love.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do eeeet!!!! It's not hard. Just takes some love.
    I was thinking chicken+chorizo sausage+prawns as the meat, is it a good combo?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I was thinking chicken+chorizo sausage+prawns as the meat, is it a good combo?
    Yes, absolutely. Honestly, make a gumbo base, then accumulate leftover meat and store (freezer is fine). When you decide to have gumbo, heat up the base, toss in the meats, and let it go for a while. The prawns, cook separately.

If you're a Game of Thrones fan, it's essentially Louisiana's version of the bowl of brown. No human meat, preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    This, for anyone not knowing it, is something you would definitely kill for if you knew how good it was.

Deleted
    Frikandel Speciaal, dutch food.