Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Since the moment I met this guy in vanilla WoW I wanted to play a demon hunter.

So yes, I really want to roll a DH. But not as a main. I found out that I prefer ranged classes in WoW. Always sniffing the butt or toes of big bosses is not fun for me.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

I'm the same as OP. No interest, why would I want to play Monk 2.0, without a healing spec and tattoos and horns? For me they don't fill a niche, or add anything to the game.

Personally I'd have like to have seen an Engineer based class.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Demon Hunter feels more like a budget class than a hero class with its two specs and two race limit. Death Knight had lots of races and 3 specs to choose one, it FELT like a hero class at the WoTLK expac, I'm not feeling that for Legion's hero class. The only big appeal is that a DH starts at a very high level, but even that is neutralized by Legion's inclusive level 100 boost which can be used on other classes, DK's included.. The DK is really still the only true hero class in WoW while DH is economically minded, i.e. a budget class and not a hero class. I doubt I will be rolling a DH.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    I was going to roll one for the lore, and to have as a farming toon, because I just figured that they'd excel at that particular role.
    I was thinking to make one on another server just to check the lore and then leave him to collect dust, but this might make me reconsider the server, just what do they have that makes them good gatherers? (or do you mean farming as in killing mobs en masse, not gathering ores/herbs?)

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have much interest in them at first, but I have to admit, after watching alpha footage and seeing all their unique animations and how much mobility they have, I'll probably try it out. I certainly won't main one, though, as I'm far too attached to my Warrior to do that.

Also, another big reason for me trying one is that they start at level 98. If they had started at a lower level (say, 80 or lower) I probably wouldn't even give it a thought. Still, even once I get it to max level it'll still be very low on my list of characters I play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    I was thinking to make one on another server just to check the lore and then leave him to collect dust, but this might make me reconsider the server, just what do they have that makes them good gatherers?
    I mean farming as in solo farming higher-level raids, the ones that weren't part of the squish -- like the MoP raids -- and, I assume, later in the expansion after we all are geared to the teeth and our weapons are fully upgraded -- some of the Warlords raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Of course I'll probably roll one just to get a look at the starting experience, but I have no interest in playing one for any length of time beyond that.

Anyone else out there like me on this?
    Why is this even a thread? Of course there are people who don't like Demon Hunters. I don't like Warlocks or Monks, but I don't make a thread about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    There's a few millions players.
    Of course you're not the only one...

Deleted
    My main will be my main still. I'll likely level a DH just play around with it, just like I've done with every class except Hunter (can't get into it) and ofc mage scum. I'm looking forward to playing around with it, though.

Would a third ranged specc have made sense in a DH? Would a second melee specc be worthwhile different?
    Obviously what we need is a DH healer spec. It glares angrily at wounded people to make them stand up fight again.

Now that I read this thread's title, I realized I haven't looked at DH at all.
    I have no idea what they have (I watched blizzcon, the free parts), but I can't remember what they said.

All I know is that they dual wield, have something vs stealth and can double jump? xD

I should really look into this more xD

Deleted
    I have no interest in playing a Warlock.

Opinions?

Seriously, what is this thread...

I feel the same, and I never actually liked NE lore, or illidan the idiot's lore in particular.

I also think Blizzard should fucking stop producing melee heroic classes already.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I was pretty hyped for it but the DPS spec gameplay looks atrocious. First it was a two button idiot proof rotation with no depth, and now they turned it into some Asian game design animation cancelling shitfest forcing you to use your mobility spells in a way that they actually don't move you around through animation canceling so you can deal max DPS. At least the tank spec still looks fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Demon Hunter feels more like a budget class than a hero class with its two specs and two race limit. Death Knight had lots of races and 3 specs to choose one, it FELT like a hero class at the WoTLK expac, I'm not feeling that for Legion's hero class. The only big appeal is that a DH starts at a very high level, but even that is neutralized by Legion's inclusive level 100 boost which can be used on other classes, DK's included.. The DK is really still the only true hero class in WoW while DH is economically minded, i.e. a budget class and not a hero class. I doubt I will be rolling a DH.
    Exclusivity makes it more of a hero class.

Everything new is interesting for me, but my only REAL problem with DH is that it's only available to Blood elfs :s

I have no interest in it either. I don't like monk or DK that much either to be honest. I like almost all of the original classes from pre-wotlk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixius View Post
    Demon Hunter feels more like a budget class than a hero class with its two specs and two race limit.
    On the contrary, I feel the exclusive customization types and limited choice really focuses the class. Death Knights are basically no different then any other class at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I would have more interest if it had more specs. Don't get me wrong, I understand their view and stance but for me their stance felt silly. I am certain they could have found a way to expand the Demon Hunter lore somehow ... nothing said they all had to be similar to Illidian.

I'll play it and likely have one max leveled after my Paladin hits Max level ... I don't know if it will over take my other level 100 alts I have right now. I have 8 level 100s all classes but Priest and Shaman. So, it may over take most of them, as I don't like many of the artifacts.
    No they are all exactly like Illidan. He created all of them. He had them go through a ritual that showed them the same visions of the legion that he saw. Literally every demon hunter was created in his image, and they were all unwaveringly loyal to him. Read the book Illidan, it'll explain it all to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    There's a few millions players.
    Of course you're not the only one...
    You snide idiot. Of course I'm not the only one. Being selectively literal makes you come off like a real ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    I feel the same, and I never actually liked NE lore, or illidan the idiot's lore in particular.

I also think Blizzard should fucking stop producing melee heroic classes already.
    Yeah, I agree there. A full caster or ranged attacker would have been preferable (*cough, Tinkerer, *cough)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not so much a melee-player. I will play through the starting area, just to see it, but I don't think I will play that class a lot.