Thread: No legion beta?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No legion beta?

So with that latest blue post in the EU forums I'm wondering if that is conformation if no public beta at all for legion? Why after 8 years of having public betas do they stop now?

I dont think they've had completely public and open betas for all expansions. For any even?
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

Deleted
    They have a public alfa going om atm. Pretty sure its Gonna be the same when it hits beta

Public and open isnt the same. Blizzard never had an open beta

There is public testing going on ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    There is public testing going on ?
    Yes. It's not open though. You have to be lucky to get in

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Then it's not public lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyulan View Post
    I dont think they've had completely public and open betas for all expansions. For any even?
    Well I kniw the last three have all had public betas because I was in them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Public means everyone can get in. Not that everyone will get in. Keep laughing though

So with that latest blue post in the EU forums I'm wondering if that is conformation if no public beta at all for legion? Why after 8 years of having public betas do they stop now?
    The tags in the alpha build are slowly being changed to beta. Even so, don't let the tag "alpha" fool you this time around, it's more polished than all of the betas were at early stages
    Bleh

Deleted
    Would like to copy my live character to the Alpha realms.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Well I kniw the last three have all had public betas because I was in them.
    Public yes. Open no

They gave beta keys to several websites. Buffed.de for example is expecting to get beta keys for their giveaway quiz. So there will definitly be a beta. But maybe it's just 3 month long and so the game will go Beta in June and not earlier.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Well I kinda guessed he meant open beta but those never were a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well I kinda guessed he meant open beta but those never were a thing.
    In his own words they had public betas because he was in them. Don't know how else to interpret that

In his own words they had public betas because he was in them. Don't know how else to interpret that
    Yeah not sure what he's going on about. The closest thing they've ever had to an open beta was the MoP one with the d3 annual pass.
    Bleh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    Yeah not sure what he's going on about. The closest thing they've ever had to an open beta was the MoP one with the d3 annual pass.
    Indeed. It's always interesting to get laughed at for trying to help

You mean that post about the prepatch? No, he says that because even when beta starts, no one is guaranteed entry, so the only way to guaranteed testing is in the prepatch.

The current Alpha is Beta in all but the name, including being public, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Would like to copy my live character to the Alpha realms.
    ditto.. i've had alpha since the first wave (DH only shit) and i've prob only spent 2 hours on alpha since then cuz i cba with the damn premade characters in their 680 gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Legion Alpha is definitely worthy of the "Beta" label at this point, in my opinion at least. It's not complete by any stretch of the word, but the state of the game is pretty much on par from experiences with the WotLK, Cata, and MoP Beta experiences. I think they've kept in Alpha status as long as they have to keep their options open development-wise - it's easier to make sweeping changes both numerically and content-wise when a product is tagged as an Alpha. The Beta label has a tendency to "lock in" content in the minds of the playerbase, making any changes or, worse, removals look like a straight-up reduction of a promised product.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I guess I'm confused on the terminology. I thought closed beta/alpha meant non-public ie needing an invite. And open beta/alpha meant anyone and their momma can download it.

I remember the MoP beta, and how terrible it was with feedback because everyone was in there. Had to actually weed through all the BS crying that went on to find a good feedback post.

Sometimes it's better to not have 5.4 million players in a beta.
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico