Thread: No legion beta?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    I guess I'm confused on the terminology. I thought closed beta/alpha meant non-public ie needing an invite. And open beta/alpha meant anyone and their momma can download it.
    Closed means needing an invite. public means it's open to the public but it' doesn't explain if it's opened or closed. Open means everyone can get in. Blizzard usually start out with F&F closed betas then move on to public closed betas

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Closed means needing an invite. public means it's open to the public but it' doesn't explain if it's opened or closed. Open means everyone can get in. Blizzard usually start out with F&F closed betas then move on to public closed betas
    So currently we are in a closed(non public(requiring an invite)) alpha that is magically becoming a closed (non public(requiring an invite)) beta?.. I guess I was in a closed (non public(requiring an invite)) beta the last few times then.

Deleted
    So currently we are in a closed(non public(requiring an invite)) alpha that is magically becoming a closed (non public(requiring an invite)) beta?.. I guess I was in a closed (non public(requiring an invite)) beta the last few times then.
    We are en closed(requiring an invite) public(everyone can opt in) Alfa(many game systems are not done).
    Blizzard is talking about moving into closed public beta(most stuff is done, not many major overhauls left)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It's not open though. You have to be lucky to get in
    Good raider, streamer or a girl streamer.
    I can't say that's lucky. Unless you're a girl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I am neither of those and I am in. So are a few friends of mine, one is a girl tho

I guess I'm confused on the terminology. I thought closed beta/alpha meant non-public ie needing an invite. And open beta/alpha meant anyone and their momma can download it.
    Your terminology is correct, but you said PUBLIC, that was not. The alpha being public this time around meant that people who aren't directly related to Blizzard could be invited. In the past Blizzard has never done a public alpha, it was all in house (Usually referred to as friends and family) Usually the alpha versions of the games have been under strict NDA's where you couldn't even send a screenshot to your brother without potentially facing heavy fines
    Bleh

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    That helps, but there is still the random chance. My friend got in (and of course I'm abusing his account), and he is neither of those you listed.

OT:
    Like already mentioned, we're not in Beta for starters (not like it's much difference at this point, but eh). It is Alpha, and it is Public - the public can get in, compared to just media, or just Friends&Family, or just internal testing - but it is not OPEN. So you have to be invited. Gotta' get lucky.

Every expansion prior has also been the same, besides Mists, which anyone who had the Annual Pass was invited (eventually). It's never been OPEN completely even if 99% got in at the last minute for stability testing.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2016-04-20 at 12:22 PM.

So with that latest blue post in the EU forums I'm wondering if that is conformation if no public beta at all for legion? Why after 8 years of having public betas do they stop now?
    Rofl, they've never had a "public" beta, it's always been invite only.

I've been in all the WoW expansion beta (even Burning Crusade) and the game has more content than a lot of beta when they've started so you can expect beta to be a thing like "If you preorder deluxe edition you'll be able to play it".

Public means everyone can get in. Not that everyone will get in. Keep laughing though
    Lol idiot

Public definition from dictionary.com

open to all persons:
    a public meeting.

It's not open to all persons if only a select amount of people get invited.

Deleted
    Then it's not public lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Well I kniw the last three have all had public betas because I was in them.
    I'm in, it's Alpha though. It's public, just VERY hard to get in. I have 2 others on my f-list I don't really play with, but they're on there for random PUGS or whatever who are in as well. Just because it's hard to get in doesn't mean it's not public, it's just not open

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Lol idiot

Public definition from dictionary.com

open to all persons:
    a public meeting.

It's not open to all persons if only a select amount of people get invited.
    Edit: Responded but read it wrong.

So ya, the context in "public" is more along these lines when it comes to beta testing.

Public:
    A member of the general population.

Which means, it is public, just not open for everybody to just come and go as they please. It's invite only essentially, I can see where you're confused though

You're the one who's confused, but I can tell you won't listen to reason

Well not having a beta would be a huge mistake imo

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am neither of those and I am in. So are a few friends of mine, one is a girl tho
    Next time I suggest you and those who quoted me to read.
    I answered that it's not about being entirely lucky. Yes, you can be lucky and from that have access. However the options I mentioned are the "NON" lucky options and YES they work. I've had my friends whole Guilds being invited to Beta, have a couple of friend streamers playing Legion heck, go to twitch and you'll see countless streamers with Legion.

Yes, it's possible to get in with luck, but that not what I was talking about.

So with that latest blue post in the EU forums I'm wondering if that is conformation if no public beta at all for legion? Why after 8 years of having public betas do they stop now?
    When did they ever have a public beta though?

A smaller alpha/beta might be a good idea tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then it's not public lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Well I kniw the last three have all had public betas because I was in them.
    The only guaranteed beta was MOP if you had the annual pass. Every beta previous to MOP and after has been invite only. You may have just been lucky to receive an invite each time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    When did they ever have a public beta though?

A smaller alpha/beta might be a good idea tbh.
    They're gonna want to stress test the servers, otherwise the rivers of tears from people in queues will flow again

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussion about the Legion beta needs to be in the Legion forum. As there are many threads already active about the alpha/beta there please post to one of the existing threads. New threads will be closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."