Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    The dragon boss is super easy to farm
    I say Yhorm the Giant Is the most easy to farm.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Doesn't summoning friends before a boss encounter reduce the difficulty considerably? Or do bosses scale to the quantity of participants?

I'm playing this game because it's considered to be 'tough as nails', I would hate to ruin the experience by cheesing content balanced for 1 player by inviting others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Doesn't summoning friends before a boss encounter reduce the difficulty considerably? Or do bosses scaled relative to the quantity of participants?

I'm playing this game because it's considered to be 'tough as nails', I would hate to ruin the experience by cheesing content balanced for 1 player by inviting others.
    Bosses are designed around one person. All summoning does is increase the boss's health bar but nothing else. Multiple people makes it extremely easy because of how some of the bosses react. One person can run in circles while the other person beats the boss's butt and then run in circles when the other person gets aggro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Bosses are designed around one person. All summoning does is increase the boss's health bar but nothing else. Multiple people makes it extremely easy because of how some of the bosses react. One person can run in circles while the other person beats the boss's butt and then run in circles when the other person gets aggro.
    Thanks Rem, I won't be summoning any friends then. It would completely defeat the purpose of playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Thanks Rem, I won't be summoning any friends then. It would completely defeat the purpose of playing this game.
    But sometimes its funny to see your friend trying to cheese some enemy with parry and end up as a pancake.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2016-04-20 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    http://i.4cdn.org/v/1461116210077.webm

This guy is so hard amirite guise?
    Ha! And that boss was the one that gave me the MOST trouble out of all of them. I think I was underleveled for him though, and it was the only boss I broke down and forced myself to summon help on my first playthrough.

My second and current playthrough is much more liberating though. I'm playing Embered the whole time and summoning for nearly every boss, if nothing else than to just stock up on Medals, but also because its more fun when you get to see people and their goofy fashion. =)
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Hurm, 3 times i've tried to fight pontiff sullivan again on my 2nd run and each time the moment he does his first swing i get a 'you have been disconnected from the dark souls 3 servers" and kicked to the menu. That compounded with summons bugging out makes me wonder if the servers are shitting the bed a bit today.

Did not realize Darksign removal cost is tied to your soul level, 110k souls to remove it now lol. Guess i'll be farming souls for a bit in order to not look like beef jerky for the next half of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Did not realize Darksign removal cost is tied to your soul level, 110k souls to remove it now lol. Guess i'll be farming souls for a bit in order to not look like beef jerky for the next half of the game.
    Is that from Velka or the Fire Keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Is that from Velka or the Fire Keeper?
    Velka only removes Hollowing I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the Fire Keeper does too once you give her the Soul of a Fire Keeper? I haven't tried it yet though since this playthrough I am staying Hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I thought the Fire Keeper does too once you give her the Soul of a Fire Keeper? I haven't tried it yet though since this playthrough I am staying Hollow.
    She only removes the Dark Sigils. To remove hollowing you need either Velka or use the purging stone.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fire keeper can remove the dark sigils (which costs the same amount of souls as it would take you to level per dark sigil removed) if you are still hollow that remains until you use a purging stone or get the hollowing reversed at the statue of velka (which costs 100x your current soul level in souls)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I am starting to hate the PVP in this game. They shouldn't have allowed invaders to heal because now it just becomes a 10 minute match that is honestly not very engaging.

I think the biggest problem is that healing happens so fast that you can't stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Honestly I am starting to hate the PVP in this game. They shouldn't have allowed invaders to heal because now it just becomes a 10 minute match that is honestly not very engaging.

I think the biggest problem is that healing happens so fast that you can't stop it.
    Pfffft, git gud at stagger souls.

No but seriously, trick is to make them feel comfortable and then burst them before the thought of using estus even crosses their mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Pfffft, git gud at stagger souls.

No but seriously, trick is to make them feel comfortable and then burst them before the thought of using estus even crosses their mind.
    I mean... maybe if you're using a UGS. Honestly this game is going to turn into parry souls with how much damage ripostes do with the Hornet Ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Also from what I've gathered the bow is complete shit in DS3 for PVP. In DS2 I could put in work with it but here with how fast rolling is, you'll be lucky to hit 1 in 5 shots and even then they'll just heal the damage back up.

In DS3 the stagger is king parry is worthless and if you think a great weapon is fast enough to hit a player with any souls experience? GG no re.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    In DS3 the stagger is king parry is worthless and if you think a great weapon is fast enough to hit a player with any souls experience? GG no re.
    Considering I've been 1 shot by several parries and never been staggered for more than 3 hits, I'm gonna stick with parries being king. Also UGSs can wreck people if you know what you're doing. At least that's how it was in DS2. I haven't used a UGS in DS3 other than the Farron Greatsword which is obviously a very unconventional UGS.

Considering I've been 1 shot by several parries and never been staggered for more than 3 hits, I'm gonna stick with parries being king. Also UGSs can wreck people if you know what you're doing. At least that's how it was in DS2. I haven't used a UGS in DS3 other than the Farron Greatsword which is obviously a very unconventional UGS.
    So far almost every invader i've seen has that for the spin attack, trouble is everyone has to beat an unskippable boss with that moveset to progress so you know its two spins into a flip, just roll back twice and then wail on them.

-which sadly 9/10 for me means all of the sudden they get magic lag and start teleporting right as they are about to die, imagine that

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest problem with PvP isn't necessarily that you can heal but that it's so easy to get a heal off. The animation is long but the actual heal starts going off early on in the animation. So even if I catch the guy and attack him during the animation, he still gets the heal off and he comes out with more hp.
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2016-04-20 at 04:01 PM.