Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Most of the migrants were Syrians. They were the majority. How hard is this.
    Provably false, but that doesn't matter I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Metaphorically I think it works out. A cuck is someone who enjoys his wife/partner get dominated by a superior man. There's a lot of self-hate on the left, and glorification of "the other", especially other cultures. Then they put this into an immigration policy.

edit: this can also be used for a woman who wants the reverse (a superior woman for her hubby to fuck)
    A bit ironic then that the right keeps calling out the left for being "cucks" when they venerate and almost deify the rich and the powerful. I've heard Trump supporters call him a "real man" or an "alpha male" dozens of times in interviews. Yet no one calls them cucks when these middle class workers vote against their own interests thinking that Trump actually gives a damn about them, how odd. It's almost like the right accuses others of cockoldry to distract from their own.

I've heard this multiple times. Would like some numbers on that. The majority of people that migrated to Sweden last year were Syrians. There were some Somali and Afghani too but the vast majority were Syrian (according to official statistics).
    51,338 Syrians out of 162,877 asylum applicants. Now they might be the most represented nationality but they're not the majority of refugees.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/downl...eived+2015.pdf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    House/Flatsharing is incredibly common. I believe they made a reasonably successful sitcom about it in the 90's called 'Friends' or something. Man, that shit was brutal.
    Yes it is. But I'd wager that very very very rarely are the roommates of completely different religions/world views/ideologies. Plus they generally aren't complete strangers.

Also are you saying that Friends = Real Life?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

I thought there wasn't an issue with space or anything.

And for the people claiming the culture isn't coming, why did rape spike? Why did non Islamic refugees get killed by other refugees? Why are Jews fleeing to Israel to escape increased anti-semitism?

Not everyone is scum. But pretending that they are all looking for peace, or that all of them are Syrian or were actually fleeing from war, is the reason things will never improve.

Deleted
    Most of the migrants were Syrians. They were the majority. How hard is this.
    No, most weren't syrians. Syrians were the biggest group. This is as absurd as claiming finns make up most of the immigrant population in Sweden because we're the biggest immigrant group.

Actually, a good friend of mine hitched from Kosovo all the way across Europe to France before jumping on the train to London. she documented the entire journey on her video camera, interviewing every individual that gave her a ride and it was absolutely fascinating. Not once did she have a negative experience. I'll admit that I would have been scared shitless for her if I had known beforehand, but it just goes to show that universally, humans are human.
    And Europeans are European. Europeans coincidentally are not African or Asian.

Go ahead and do the same test from Somalia to Sudan. Go ahead. Humans are human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    So you didn't answer the question. Which means no, you wouldn't let them live with you.

Which means you are all talk and no action.

How surprising.
    If you look back, I think you'll find i did.

10+ Year Old Account
    House/Flatsharing is incredibly common. I believe they made a reasonably successful sitcom about it in the 90's called 'Friends' or something. Man, that shit was brutal.
    None of them wanted to kill Ross for being a Jew though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    51,338 Syrians out of 162,877 asylum applicants. Now they might be the most represented nationality but they're not the majority of refugees.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/downl...eived+2015.pdf
    Were there any other group of migrants that came in larger numbers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Afghanistan had 41k, that's a large number.

Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    A bit ironic then that the right keeps calling out the left for being "cucks" when they venerate and almost deify the rich and the powerful. I've heard Trump supporters call him a "real man" or an "alpha male" dozens of times in interviews. Yet no one calls them cucks when these middle class workers vote against their own interests thinking that Trump actually gives a damn about them, how odd. It's almost like the right accuses others of cockoldry to distract from their own.
    I've been intensely interested in this dynamic for a while now. The only connection I've made is that people who are very homophobic have also shown greater arousal (not sure if sexual or just general) at homosexual material. (details may vary). I'm sure they get obsessed over it as well. And they might show similar symptoms. Keep in mind that says nothing about the actual content/argument/political view being right or wrong, just that they get more aroused.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-04-20 at 12:58 PM.

Deleted
    IMO it should be punishable. "Refugees" are here illegaly, without proper papers and background check and thus form a security risk

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    First of all, media is not to be trusted completely. EVER.
    Whether they are "for" one side or another. NEVER EVER.

That said, people are individuals. They may be born in a certain country and place. They may even be a part of some sort of a group (religious or whatever).

But they are individuals and must NOT be judged as a group. Why? Because you put evil and good people in the same "basket" almost always when you generalize like that (not you you, I mean everyone).

So, while the media might be right and % of problems rose with the incoming of refugees, it would be completely immature and, well....stupid to look at ALL of them the same.
    So you do believe the well documented occurrences of rape, murder, assault, and violence these "refugees" bring, but you have some odd mission to ignore the victims or rape, ignore the victims of murder to find a couple of good "refugees" to help?

What do you say to the ever increasing victims of horrific rape, the ever increasing victims of murder, that their sacrifice is so you can satiate some weird "refugee" fetish?

That is fucking sick.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-04-20 at 02:25 PM.

If by group you mean nationality then no, but that still doesn't make them the majority of migrants/asylum seekers.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Afghanistan had 41k, that's a large number.
    Was it larger though? Not saying majority wasnt the wrong word to use. It isn't and wasn't the point, Theodarzna claimed that most of the migrants werent actually Syrians, not true in Swedens case, moving on.

Deleted
    I would consider it if i could get a single female with max one kid as tenant. Not because i'm in need of a gf.
    But i will not risk living under roof with a former terrorist. Or even a rebel who might have killed and seen friends get killed - and probably needs professional care and help.
    Single female refugees generally integrate and educate. A majority of the female refugees from former Yugoslavia ended up with higher educations (university) for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    If by group you mean nationality then no, but that still doesn't make them the majority of migrants/asylum seekers.
    We can sit here and derail the thread for hours if you want. What's the actual point of doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Watain View Post
    IMO it should be punishable. "Refugees" are here illegaly, without proper papers and background check and thus form a security risk
    Depends on the country, e.g. the OP is from the UK, we are taking in a total of 20,000 refugees over 5 years and only from camps bordering Syria, so they are legal.

Deleted
    Was it larger though? Not saying majority wasnt the wrong word to use. It isn't and wasn't the point, Theodarzna claimed that most of the migrants werent actually Syrians, not true in Swedens case, moving on.
    4!?#¤31?123???????

What? What kind of maths were you taught in school? They're not making up most of the immigrants or refugees to Sweden. We got like 30k people from various countries through labor migration and relatives to people immigrating too in 2015. So, it's like 190k people who came to Sweden in 2015, of which syrians are 51k, that's not most in maths by any measure. Afghani and iraqi people make up a larger amount of people than syrians and that's without even counting all the other groups, so no, they're not "most".