Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    I don't actually understand why people preorder. It's not like there are limited physical copies or anything.
    Sometimes there are extra goodies if you preorder - f.ex. XCom 2 had those, I followed the released information and gameplay videos (the developers invited some people to their studios, and allowed them to record and publish the gameplay, if I recall, or maybe just gave them the beta copies to play), thus having quite good idea of what I'm buying, and only preordered it about a week before release date, when it had to be finished, with at most only manufacturing and boxing the discs etc. left to do (and I don't regret it at all).

Or in case of WoW, character boost if you want to use it right now for something (I boosted my warlock to 90 with WoD's, ran some LFR to gear up, and got the green fire with FoS when it was still available - in hindsight, I probably would be able to get to 90 in time, and obviously I wouldn't preorder WoD or maybe even buy it at all, but nevertheless, some reasons to preorder it were there).

Those two are the only things I preordered, so in the end it's 50/50 for me.

I only pre-order/pre-purchase when the early access perks are worth it, and then only just before they are released. So I will pre-purchase Legion right before the DH starterzone is released, if I'm still interested in playing at that time. Why would you buy it 6+ months in advance?

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    I went with the hype and bought Legion. At this point i have been unsubbed for several month and have no really interest in playing again.

Anyone else that made the same mistake?
    Why are you people such whiny bitches with no foresight whatsoever? When it's released you will want to play again... Or request refund and get beta access

Deleted
    Know what you're buying before you pre-order. If you weren't happy with WOD, chances are you won't be happy with Legion. If you're bored of WoW then you're bored of WoW, take a long break.

Only pre-order games you're obsessed with, hype will always leave you with a salty taste in your mouth. I've pre-ordered it, but I'll most likely buy every WoW expansion that will be released as I'd like to think I would always give them a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    What hype?
    The hype that Blizzard always starts to get people to preorder a game they'll only be disappointed in anyway?

I heard that they don't have enough testers or people interested in testing pvp changes so they need to disable it until release and then slowly test it with live audience. Never thought I would see that happens but I guess times are changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    I heard that they don't have enough testers or people interested in testing pvp changes so they need to disable it until release and then slowly test it with live audience. Never thought I would see that happens but I guess times are changing.
    Nope. They are disabling Skirmishes and Ashran eventually so they can do focused Battleground testing.

Deleted
    That's why you should never pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    I went with the hype and bought Legion. At this point i have been unsubbed for several month and have no really interest in playing again.

Anyone else that made the same mistake?
    What a fucking pointless thread, "I purchased a videogame that wasn't released yet and now I don't want it!!! Who else is as retarded as me???" Why are you looking for validation of your own retardation on a WoW forum? All your gonna get is people telling you to get a refund or maybe, JUST MAYBE wait to play the game you once had hope of enjoying
    2/10 got me to reply
    Unf - Night Watch - Pagle

Consider the ocean waves, and how the moon's force guides them this way and that across the earth's surface. Human life is an insane coincidence. We are an instance of the universe becoming conscious of itself, yes, old news but always worth review.

Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    You heard wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Refunds aren't worth a shit because you only get blizz store cash.
    Not true at all. Even if you added funds to your wallet you can get refunded on Legion and then refund ur wallet as well.

I did it when I pre-ordered legion, Just going to buy a hardcopy of the physcial CE.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I don't understand people paying so far in advance for something and getting nothing for it. Unless you really wanted that lvl 100 there is no reason to reward Blizzard and pay them months in advance. You can still pre order for the perks just wait until it is closer to being live.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Requested a refund like 10 mins ago. Got an answer already. Never had this quick response from Blizzard, they sure are running low on players...

"This is the latest response from Customer Support:
    Hello *censored*,

Thank you for your ticket.

I am glad to tell you that I have started the refund process for your pre=purchase of Legion and the money will be returned to your credit card as soon as possible.

This can take about 5 - 10 business days plays the time your bank takes to process it.

Take care.
    Talyain"
    I always recommend using there Online Chat support, Its super fast
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Pre purchasing is a scam to get money to sit in the bank generating interesting for millions of unfinished/unshipped units potentially sold, even if you get a refund that interest still ticks and makes a profit. They are never going to run out of copies, it is just a way to please shareholders with larger day one numbers and a way to keep your money sitting in their bank generating interest, microsoft did a similar scam during the 360's lifespan where you would buy 500 'points' but things would always be like 400 or 600 so you never outright bought a product but always paid a little more thinking 'but ill have those spare points for later' and again its all money generating interest.

Its a scam that cons users falling for the old brand loyalty indoctrination hook -which thankfully Silent Hills mistreatment by Konami taught me a name on a box isnt a sign of quality even if its published by the same people- and deisgned to get you to give your money for a product that does not yet exist and in all actuality is highly unlikely to be exactly what you paid for long after the money has generated more than the box price in interest in the bank. Its better for you to refund it and wait and see if the game is good and supported post release but in the long run they already made that money in interest from it sitting in the bank, thats how the long con of pre purchasing works.

Naturally you get the fanboys really hooked deep in the self associating and self value equating brand loyalty that scream and hollar "b-but you are just a hating troll i was buying it anyway!" as though they would somehow be told they missed the boat and can no longer purchase the product when it actually releases. But brand loyalty is a strange thing. It makes people think games companies are their friends and care what you think, instead of assuming you are part of a herd of cattle that just needs a gentle prod to milk your money at the right time.

But this isn't a Blizzard problem, damn near every games company on the planet big enough to reach the point sales>quality of product does it. Sadly too many people fall for some shiny or incentive assuming said incentive could not be included-or was cut from the retail release and truly the salesman is your greatest ally and hes cutting his own throat to bring you these great deals that -for reasons they cant quite specify- simply cannot be part of the base game and need to behind some additional wall that only exists for said interest scam. Not realising they are voting with their wallet for the degradation of quality products in the medium. But you may as well try and stop whales spending on cash shops to expect this to change, the mainstream is too deeply ingrained that this is the norm now, but it never hurts to mention it.

If you arent happy get a refund. The game will not vanish like some effervescent illusion that you will never be able to purchase again. It will never run out of copies and be unplayable. Just wait and see what they actually release and judge if its worth your money and time.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2016-04-20 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I don't understand people paying so far in advance for something and getting nothing for it. Unless you really wanted that lvl 100 there is no reason to reward Blizzard and pay them months in advance. You can still pre order for the perks just wait until it is closer to being live.
    If I know I'm going to play the game on release day it makes no difference whether I pay now or the day before.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nope. They are disabling Skirmishes and Ashran eventually so they can do focused Battleground testing.
    They already did BG testing. They simply don't have enough testers lol.

What if people just don't buy it the instant it becomes available for pre-purchase? Stupid people part with money too easily, what if you didn't buy shit 8 months before release and regret it along the way? I always buy expansions but I wait until at least a couple of months before just out of principle because at that point what we see is usually what we get.

Every expansion, even WoD, is worth the cost of the box just to play through the new leveling experience imo.

However paying for a sub when there is no new content for over a year? That's where my issue is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preordering is almost as big of a scam as crowdfunding.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad that I bought it.

3yrs off, a year into ableit shitty WOD, I'm enjoying playing and look forward to poking around in Legion, and participating in whatever opening event there is.

Common. It's still WoW. I've been there done it, retired and gave away the T-shirt.

You've gotta be a little curious.