15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Philadelphia: trash team, trash fans, trash city.
    Aye.

I just hope the Lightning can close out the Wings in Game 5. Our boys need a healthy rest...not that I'm overly worried about NYI or FLA.

I do hope they beat the ever-living shit out of eachother, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    So did they change the way the teams are seeded in the 2nd round? Like they used to reseed them but looking at the tournament style brackets they aren't reseeding them next round.
    Yes. This happened in the same year as the realignment.

Its a true divisonal bracket system now, instead of just highest vs. lowest, 2nd highest vs. 2nd lowest, etc.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    No penalty, no review by safety. I hate playing the Pens, get away with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    No penalty, no review by safety. I hate playing the Pens, get away with everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x83EXTjhaWY
    I remember when Malkin hit Willie Mitchel from behind, head first into the boards. No call, no suspension. Different set of rules for some players/teams.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the Shaw thing. I think the media, even here in Toronto, are making a huge deal out of him calling an official a homophobic expletive. I mean, grow some freaking balls people, are we that anal retentive that these words offend us all even when we aren't the targets? Why is it that society is so sensitive towards this sort of shit, especially when it was done in the heat of the moment. I am not excusing what he said, but just the incessant whining about the fact that he called an NHL official a mean name when no one seems to have actually heard it, just shows how overly sensitive society has become. The victim complex of society is becoming astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    On the Shaw thing. I think the media, even here in Toronto, are making a huge deal out of him calling an official a homophobic expletive. I mean, grow some freaking balls people, are we that anal retentive that these words offend us all even when we aren't the targets? Why is it that society is so sensitive towards this sort of shit, especially when it was done in the heat of the moment. I am not excusing what he said, but just the incessant whining about the fact that he called an NHL official a mean name when no one seems to have actually heard it, just shows how overly sensitive society has become. The victim complex of society is becoming astounding.
    haha I figured there was going to be some bullshit about what he was shouting in the box last night. Giving them the double barrel all the way and then the "fucking faggot!" from the box.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yes, if it was to another player. For sure. But the whole point of having impartial referees means having rules in place where you can't interact with them like that. It's being made a big deal of because of what he said, but I feel the fine is valid even if he just called him a motherfucker or something.

At the end of the day you just can't say shit like that to the referees.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yes, if it was to another player. For sure. But the whole point of having impartial referees means having rules in place where you can't interact with them like that. It's being made a big deal of because of what he said, but I feel the fine is valid even if he just called him a motherfucker or something.

At the end of the day you just can't say shit like that to the referees.
    Yeah the NHL doesn't like it when you mess with the Refs at all. Any abuse at all, if it's done once then everyone will do it. The NHL actually 'suspended' the Ref who went after a player in the box. Suspended in the sense they took him off a few of his next games.

That being said, I fully expect Shaw to take his skate off and try to stab someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suspension seems harsh, fine seems like the right thing. I don't know, I doubt there was ill will toward anyone but the referee, he was just being alliterative... I think the groups that are pointing to the use of slurs as undesirable and offensive are right to do so. I don't really judge the guy for it, but then I didn't like him anyway, its his job not to be liked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Suspension seems harsh, fine seems like the right thing. I don't know, I doubt there was ill will toward anyone but the referee, he was just being alliterative... I think the groups that are pointing to the use of slurs as undesirable and offensive are right to do so. I don't really judge the guy for it, but then I didn't like him anyway, its his job not to be liked.
    An interesting point. I actually wonder how many people say "fucking fag" because it's literally the first thing that pops into their head due to the alliteration.

I would bet that the majority of times someone is called a fag it has nothing to do with their sexuality, and it's not being used to associate the target negative stereotypes about gay people - it's just that fag starts with an F and thus immediately jumps to mind after you've already said fucking.

Probably why often people will call someone a fucking fuck.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Well to be up 2-1 it feels like we are in trouble. Looks like Smith is going to be out, you don't just replace top 6 guys.

Honestly for Shaw, had the cameras not been pointing right at him while he mouthed off, it probably wouldn't have been so bad. But I saw it, everyone saw it, there was very little in the way of misconception as to what was being said lol.

Ergo, fine and suspension.

No camera in his face, maybe a fine.

But the league has to be harsh when someone's mouth beams "fucking faggot" into millions of homes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Controversial call goes the Kings way, we'll see if it matters or not, they've been lousy tonight.

I have no problem with what shaw said. If you are insulting someone do you take care to make sure your insults are PC? I know I will say whatever I know will piss them off the most. That means if I have to say faggot, nigger, go make me a sandwich, or bring up their male white privilege, I will.

Reminds me of this year when Burrows got flak for mouthing off at Tootoo. I said good, Burrows was so far in Tootoo's head he had to cry about it after.

Who's on marcelos watch tonight?

15+ Year Old Account
    let's go bolts
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

my bracket is about to die tonight lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Who's on marcelos watch tonight?
    i feel like he passed away after the chicago series a couple years ago. I miss the dude, his out of control homer comments were unmatched even by trolls.

Well our series is over. We've played about 10 good minutes out of the last 120. 1st and 2nd line have done nothing. Josi has been horrible. PP has been a joke. Pekka can only do so much when you are giving them 7-8 point blank chances a game dead in the middle of the ice.

What an ugly way for the Wings to go out, too. All season they played like shit and their fans blamed Howard and Mrazek, when it was the inconsistent pile of defence in front of them... then this shit happens :x

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Datsyuk and Zetterberg regression killed them imo. No top level talent to take over just a lot of middle 6 forwards. Solid season post Babcock though Mrazek was great for them all season too big reason why they made it in.