Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    People wanna play Vanilla they will find a way Blizzard can't do shit.
    You sure? They have been closing down private servers for years.
    Let's hope they keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Maybe Blizzard should shutdown/merge their own empty servers that have a population lower than Kronos due to their shitty expansions before they go around punishing people for a using service they refuse to provide.
    It's their game, their I.P., they decide what they do with it, not you, or anyone else. Whatever your issues with the game in its current state may be, you can't possibly be okay with theft?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    How many illegal actions do I do per day then? You seem to know better than I do.
    There are always things like walking against red lights, or loitering. Many things people don't think about.

I don't know. Do you do any of those?

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    There are always things like walking against red lights, or loitering. Many things people don't think about.

I don't know. Do you do any of those?
    I think you're confusing Illegal with "breaking rules" there mate ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Intellectual Property theft shouldn't be taken light. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that it's frustrating if you long for the Classic days, but don't get upset, angry or annoyed (not you personally, of course) when your illegal and thieving service gets shut down.
    I'd just like to say that I'm supportive of this view.

As you can imagine, I'm comfortable playing on private servers. It's not something I take issue with at all, and I even signed the Nostalrius petition (despite not thinking it'll make any difference). But if you choose to do this, you have to accept that Blizzard has the right, moral or not, to issue cease and desist orders and, if need be, engage in legal action.

It's a risk you, as the player, are taking. If you can't accept that, you shouldn't complain on forums (or anywhere else) that it all went south.

People are having fun? This needs to stop!

Deleted
    Intellectual Property theft shouldn't be taken light. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand that it's frustrating if you long for the Classic days, but don't get upset, angry or annoyed (not you personally, of course) when your illegal and thieving service gets shut down.

Remember, controlling your I.P. is a hugely important factor of business, and when you've put so many millions of dollars, and so many years of your lives into the game, of course you're not going to just allow others to profit off of it.

And no, I don't own shares in Activision-Blizzard, but I am a Game Producer, and I can assure that losing out because someone has just cloned your game, or stolen it and is now profiting from it, is hugely frustrating.
    Aren't we all

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You sure? They have been closing down private servers for years.
    Let's hope they keep up the good work.
    And they keep popping up. Strange, how that works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgoditsjames View Post
    Because some of the anti legacy server crowd are self righteous and selfish. It's either their way or not at all. Sadly for them they will never win because we will always find a way to play Vanilla until they give us official means of doing it.
    It's a bit like saying: "I am going to keep raping girls until one does me of her own volition."
    It's an exaggeration but it's very hard to hammer it into the Nost disciples heads otherwise.

I think you're confusing Illegal with "breaking rules" there mate ...
    Regarding to Traffic laws, jaywalking and crossing when a pedestrian light is red or to start walking when it is flashing is prohibited from the 1970s, If in an intersection there is no pedestrian light, traffic lights would be considered, so it would be illegal when it is red or orange.
    Is what Google tells me at least. So have you done anything like that?

But otherwise, breaking the rules isn't illegal?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Read the EULA/TOU. You have purchased a license to play on the Blizzard servers. On top of that, it says on the box that experience is subject to change online.
    I hate to break this to you, but the product is purchased before I have to agree to an EULA/TOU. Besides, those are not always lawful and have sometimes been proven to be unlawful in the past.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    And they keep popping up. Strange, how that works.
    Criminals are everywhere, thats why we have law enforcement.
    It's a neverending battle but that doesn't mean it's not important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I don't think that any private-server company can take on Blizzard, even a legal playing field. If they want their IP protected, they are gonna protect it.
    Protect from what? They are not lossing any business. All players on private sever is business what Blizzard alredy lost becouse they refuse put on legacy sever. You think that all those players will just start playing retail? No they will not. Only thing what Blizzard achieved with Nostalrious is damaging their brand and pissed lot of their players, stremears and youtubes what are faces of wow community. They did more damage to WoW and their compaby by shuting down this sever then they would just let them be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    1) We now know where the folks from Nostalrius went.
    2) We now know Blizzard's next target.
    There were 150k active accounts on nost, they went everywhere. ALL of the private servers are seeing increases, one of them just tried to launch this past week or so and had to shut down and delay the launch for may because they were expecting maybe 2k people and got slammed with 10k or something right off the bat.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerroth View Post
    I hate to break this to you, but the product is purchased before I have to agree to an EULA/TOU. Besides, those are not always lawful and have sometimes been proven to be unlawful in the past.
    Nah, you purchased a box and a manual, not a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    It's a bit like saying: "I am going to keep raping girls until one does me of her own volition."
    It's an exaggeration but it's very hard to hammer it into the Nost disciples heads otherwise.
    It's more like cheating on your wife because she's refused to have sex with you for a few years now.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    "We want Vanilla servers! Look at all these people who provide zero monetary support, constantly bash the current game and refuse to play your product that support it!"

Fuck outta here...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Equating raping children to playing a childrens fantasty game with dragons and stuff on an emulator.

Je-sus fu-cking Christ.
    Rape is the new Godwin, I think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Nah, you purchased a box and a manual, not a game.
    That's not entirely black and white. I have disks with data that I technically own. I would like to see them come and try to take these possessions from me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    "We want Vanilla servers! Look at all these people who provide zero monetary support, constantly bash the current game and refuse to play your product that support it!"

Fuck outta here...
    I make more money than you, am subscribed to Retail and played Nost. Argument=Smashed?
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Equating raping children to playing a childrens fantasty game with dragons and stuff on an emulator.

Je-sus fu-cking Christ.
    Both are breaking the law. What level is acceptable for you? I go out on weekends, get drunk and beat up nerds. Thats how I like mah fun!

Pls don't ruin mah fun!