Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There is no massive crime wave in the UK, crime is at its lowest level for decades.
    Generally that is true but she wants London specifically..... which while lower that many US cities, is still a lot more bother than my rural set up I have here. The biggest problem I had recently was a wandering pollen.

If she had picked any part of the west country, or outside of London I'd have my tickets booked the minute I finish this second degree of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

So, now I'm curious. I wonder who you would lodge your complaint, that would be ignored for being racist, if your assigned roommate vanishes with your belongings or burns your house down to get a better place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    If I met them beforehand and felt they'd be a good tenant, of course. I don't see how it's any different from offering the room to someone local. Just because a guy lives in the same country as you doesn't make him immune to being a sociopath.
    It's a significant difference actually and it's scary that you don't understand this. Many of these people lack a proper upbringing and education. They've made a living growing opium or selling heroin in Afghanistan or have been child solders, goons for local warlords, criminals and what not. Many of them won't even know how to use basic amenities and conveniences. They won't know about fire safety, hygiene and proper behavior. Trash may be thrown out of the window instead of the in the garbage bin they may defecate and urinate on your lawn and see no wrong in it.
    Many has grown up in countries where they have been sexually abused as "dance boys" and have themselves taken on boys of their own to sexually molest. Many of them will be barely cognizant of what constitutes rape and will probably have raped women and men without even thinking about it as rape. I've seen enough pregnant 12 year old girls in Africa to have an idea of what is considered the norm over there. Your precious little daughter might seem like a ripe little plum ready to be picked, already a woman in their eyes.

You want to take the risk. Go right ahead, just know that the world is a dark and ugly place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    It's a significant difference actually and it's scary that you don't understand this. Many of these people lack a proper upbringing and education. They've made a living growing opium or selling heroin in Afghanistan or have been child solders, goons for local warlords, criminals and what not. Many of them won't even know how to use basic amenities and conveniences. They won't know about fire safety, hygiene and proper behavior. Trash may be thrown out of the window instead of the in the garbage bin they may defecate and urinate on your lawn and see no wrong in it.
    Many has grown up in countries where they have been sexually abused as "dance boys" and have themselves taken on boys of their own to sexually molest. Many of them will be barely cognizant of what constitutes rape and will probably have raped women and men without even thinking about it as rape. I've seen enough pregnant 12 year old girls in Africa to have an idea of what is considered the norm over there. Your precious little daughter might seem like a ripe little plum ready to be picked, already a woman in their eyes.

You want to take the risk. Go right ahead, just know that the world is a dark and ugly place.
    Orly? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lama-y...b_9190664.html

Deleted
    Visit those places yourself before making up your mind, real world experience trumps all.

Deleted
    You could luck out and get a well educated Syrian but most likely you would get an Afghan or Eritrean male. The afghan claiming to be from Syria naturally. Or does your invitation only extend to Syrians? Is your heart not big enough for other refugees?

fuck no not gonna happen
    mr pickles

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather die than invite a welfare tourist into my home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    You could luck out and get a well educated Syrian but most likely you would get an Afghan or Eritrean male. The afghan claiming to be from Syria naturally. Or does your invitation only extend to Syrians? Is your heart not big enough for other refugees?
    I'd give everyone an equal opportunity. As I've repeatedly stated, the person's place of birth or circumstances would have absolutely no negative bearing on my decision on whether to give them a room or not. It's entirely irrelevant. My decision would be based on the individual, not their nationality.

I'd give everyone an equal opportunity. As I've repeatedly stated, the person's place of birth or circumstances would have absolutely no negative bearing on my decision on whether to give them a room or not. It's entirely irrelevant. My decision would be based on the individual, not their nationality.
    This is just ignorance. The place of birth does have bearing on what kind of person they are likely to be, be it negative or positive. Some places have more of some bad things than others, to put it blandly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    I would rather die than invite a welfare tourist into my home.
    Yeah, I don't think that's quite true now, is it?

Yeah PEOPLE, give them place in YOUR home.

What ? ME ? Naaaah I don't have much space yaknow ....

But you go ahead and do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    This is just ignorance. The place of birth does have bearing on what kind of person they are likely to be, be it negative or positive. Some places have more of some bad things than others, to put it blandly.
    Where do the good people come from?

Where do the good people come from?
    If you want a childlike answer (since you pose a question of the kind): the west, and some parts of asia.

But in all seriousness, let's just wait for the inevitable "They trash/steal/burn my house" or stuff like that, it's gona be fun.

But when that's gona happen, you can be sure that no body gona talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    But in all seriousness, let's just wait for the inevitable "They trash/steal/burn my house" or stuff like that, it's gona be fun.

But when that's gona happen, you can be sure that no body gona talk about it.
    #NotAll would do such thing though! So it's okay!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    If you want a childlike answer (since you pose a question of the kind): the west, and some parts of asia.
    The west and some parts of Asia you say? Yeah, perfectly lovely people!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    #NotAll would do such thing though! So it's okay!
    Nice generalization here.

I'll take a hobo from my town to babysit my lil girl, their is only a marginal chance of something go wrong! So it's okay.

Because the people from middle east are better ?
    What was your point again ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Nice generalization here.

I'll take a hobo from my town to babysit my lil girl, their is only a marginal chance of something go wrong! So it's okay.
    Well that depends, why is he homeless? Is it drug/alcohol related? Or is he the victim of a failed relationship? Maybe he lost his job?
    I'm pretty sure not all homeless people have a penchant for harming children.

Yeah in general they are lovely people and it's a safer place than ME/Africa. Are you really this clueless? You asked for a childlike answer, but it's generally true it's safer in advanced, industrialized, first world countries than in third world ones.