Question Question: How long does it take to level 100 to 110?

Im just wondering how long it does take to level cap, if anyone can answer that i will appreciate.

Thank you.

Too early to say, they're most likely going to raise the experience anyways.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Well hopefully a lot longer than WoD. Also if they implement flying like they did with Draenor Pathfinder people are going to want to actually fully explore zones to have a lot of that stuff out of the way when they hit max level. Why are you so worried, take your time. Enjoy the zones and quests, level your professions as you go, stock up on mats for when you can make the really good stuff. Let max level come as its it comes.

Well i like to do it in one sitting so this is why im asking

Right now you can get ~3 levels from a zone, each zone takes about an hour and a half to two hours. Every zone scales, so really just need to grind through them, doesn't matter what order. Problem is since there's no linear progression from zone to zone, EVERYONE is going to get absolutely fucked with mob competition, unlike previous expansions where if you could get ahead of the crowd you'd have all the mobs available for the most part.

I'd imagine that the time to level would increase on live due to more players than Alpha, I'm playing from the EU so whenever I've levelled there's been no competition. Would need a few US players to give their times to really get a proper view.

Edit - Just to add, you could probably get that time down to a little over an hour, if you leave all the rares up and clear them out when you're 110 it'll be much, much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Right now you can get ~3 levels from a zone, each zone takes about an hour and a half to two hours. Every zone scales, so really just need to grind through them,
    When you say that u don't mean grind like just killing raw mobs right?

Quote Originally Posted by lelozoin View Post
    Nah, he means just push through the zones. Not literally grind mobs.
    Source: I'm his IRL friend, everything is a grind to him.

No. Doing quests.

Some testers I know tell me they took about 10 - 12 hours to get from 100 to 110 by questing. You basically need to do all the quests in most zones to finish leveling. Add a bit of dungeon experience and you are done.

I guess that super optimized runs will take from 5-6 hours when the expac launches. A normal player just questing will take between 10 to 15 hours as it stands depending on mob density and competition for kills. Higher pop realms will make leveling slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    depending on mob density and competition for kills. Higher pop realms will make leveling slower.
    Done most of Highmountain and part of Azsuna, can already see mob competition is going to be a bitch. Especially the Bonus Objectives, the one I did in Azsuna took forever to finish. It seemed to be auto-grouping me with NPCs as well, not really sure. If it's auto-group with players in the area that might help (apparently the starting zone is? It didn't seem to work for me), otherwise it's going to be awful, and I've reported them already for bottlenecks.

Either way, getting my mouseover/target nearest Pistol Shot macro ready before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Done most of Highmountain and part of Azsuna, can already see mob competition is going to be a bitch. Especially the Bonus Objectives, the one I did in Azsuna took forever to finish. It seemed to be auto-grouping me with NPCs as well, not really sure. If it's auto-group with players in the area that might help (apparently the starting zone is? It didn't seem to work for me), otherwise it's going to be awful, and I've reported them already for bottlenecks.

Either way, getting my mouseover/target nearest Pistol Shot macro ready before launch.
    Don't forget the tag system is different now though, it allows X people of the same faction to get credit for the kill, and lets face it, most servers are so off balance we never see the other faction anyway :P

Edit for OT: Hope it stays like this, long questing is boring /yawn, and gives you more chance to get gear at high level since you can go back and do quests you didn't finish for 110 gear! Wonder what would happen if you left most of your blue gear quest til 110..

from my experience, you're very likely to be able to finish within a 12ish hour single sitting session, if you know where to go and what to do. would be much faster than that if the zones with low xp are brought up to par, and when leveling in mythic HFC gear rather than 680 blues for the first couple of levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post

The auto grouping with the stupid npc's seems to be a bug. They really aren't here, just make it so you can't actually group with anyone else As another poster said too, more than one player gets credit for kills too even if you don't group with them. I think it will make things faster. I'm taking my time, enjoying the screnery and the quests. Shaman is 105 and it's probably taken me 8-10 hours playing time....I can go check.
    Wow...I'm shocked, says 19 hours and change. Said I'm slow and check everything
    Last edited by boyzma; 2016-04-20 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neck deep View Post
    from my experience, you're very likely to be able to finish within a 12ish hour single sitting session, if you know where to go and what to do. would be much faster than that if the zones with low xp are brought up to par, and when leveling in mythic HFC gear rather than 680 blues for the first couple of levels.
    I think a lot of it comes down to they need to bring the other zones up to aszuna level cause it seems like there's so many more quests there, I feel like I finished the three other zones faster but I could have missed things (only leveled one toon to 110 for testing purposes)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    Right now you can get ~3 levels from a zone, each zone takes about an hour and a half to two hours. Every zone scales, so really just need to grind through them, doesn't matter what order. Problem is since there's no linear progression from zone to zone, EVERYONE is going to get absolutely fucked with mob competition, unlike previous expansions where if you could get ahead of the crowd you'd have all the mobs available for the most part.

I'd imagine that the time to level would increase on live due to more players than Alpha, I'm playing from the EU so whenever I've levelled there's been no competition. Would need a few US players to give their times to really get a proper view.

Edit - Just to add, you could probably get that time down to a little over an hour, if you leave all the rares up and clear them out when you're 110 it'll be much, much quicker.
    Everyone shares taps on a faction regardless of if you are in a group or not, this also includes loot. The leveling experience, even when numerous people are doing the same quests, is pretty slick and painless now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im just wondering how long it does take to level cap, if anyone can answer that i will appreciate.

Thank you.
    You should wait for the beta tuning to come around before you can get reliable numbers. At the moment it goes from 10-13 hours of playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    You should wait for the beta tuning to come around before you can get reliable numbers. At the moment it goes from 10-13 hours of playtime.
    Which may not change since that was rather close to the WoD rate of leveling so that may be what they are shooting for

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Which may not change since that was rather close to the WoD rate of leveling so that may be what they are shooting for
    Completely possible, yes. Was just implying that alpha means they can change things still and that it might change.

Thank you.
    if things were to not change it would be a nice comfortable day or so of grinding quests. but they are most likely going to change that for live.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP