Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    @Edge can't really understand the adventure thing, already told you they are now obsolete game content, and no one does them
    I want to complete the main story that triggers at 50, I need to do a vet adventure to do so. Beyond that, I want to try a few, I've never done them. I don't care if it's "obsolete" content or not.

It's poor game design to let content rot and not provide some incentive to return to it on a semi-regular basis.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I want to complete the main story that triggers at 50, I need to do a vet adventure to do so. Beyond that, I want to try a few, I've never done them. I don't care if it's "obsolete" content or not.

It's poor game design to let content rot and not provide some incentive to return to it on a semi-regular basis.
    Especially when it's required to attune yourself to raid, proving that they have still learned nothing. It's almost a worse attunement than it was at launch because at least for all the ridiculous hoops people had to jump through, you knew it was hardcore and nearly impossible from the get go.

Now the quest is rather innocuous and you expect you should be able to complete it easily. Haha, no. After you do the adventure you have to do each dungeon once. So that means if all you have is random queue, you'll probably get one dungeon a night to pop MAYBE and the odds of it being the one you need goes down each time you complete one.

So yeah, have fun with that. I would join a guild asap or find others to play with. Right now Wildstars population is killing the game. It has to be the least populated MMO I've ever played and with no options to tackle this content solo...you're kinda SOL. I think that's why they are abandoning group instanced content and focus on open world, scaling bosses or solo instances like expeditions.

And really, that's probably the direction the game should go right now. It should be filled with scaling down to one person so even if you are the last person playing, you can still get new gear and feel like a boss. Time will tell.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    The game would be infinitely more enjoyable for me if everything scaled down to a soloable level. It doesn't have to be easy to solo, just doable. I can't complain too much, 'cause it's an MMO, and that means if you play, you should already be expecting that you need to interact with other people to get things done. It's mostly my choice to abstain from that content, and I accept everything that comes from that choice.

Still, I'd dump a few hundred hours into it without any reservations if that happened. Most of the content I haven't done in the game is gated behind group activities. My schedule is too inconsistent for traditional group/guild runs, and I don't enjoy sitting in queue forever to get a random group that may or may not have a shot at downing content. I could spend the same amount of time it would take for all of that in a much more productive and enjoyable manner in other products.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Especially when it's required to attune yourself to raid
    http://www.gamerphix.com/#!attunement/c19dc Lets get it right, and it seems they did learn!

7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gamerphix.com/#!attunement/c19dc Lets get it right, and it seems they did learn!
    Admittedly, the attunement is far better than it was initially. I'm not sure whether or not the removal of Adventures from the attunement process is a pro or a con as a whole. It's an obvious pro for raiding, because the fewer hurdles, the better. I think it makes it a bit worse that that means there's even less incentive for people to touch that content, though.

In the current game, it's a catch-22.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still gotta do the dungeons with a queue that never pops. Everything I said is valid and not soloable. Everyone still being intentionally ignorant will see soon enough, now that the entire team who made raids is fired. But hey, what do I know? At least I can still dole out the criticism when I'm enjoying the game. It's just not what it was intended to be and they haven't made the full brain switch to comprehend that.

They're working on it, but time is running out. Let's hope they can set some good plans for the future.
    BAD WOLF

They're working on it, but time is running out. Let's hope they can set some good plans for the future.
    Hoping they can push out the new tutorial, new raid, and a bunch of incentives to run leveling/vet expeditions/adventures/dungeons for Steam launch. That should give the game a nice boost of new/returning players and help populate group content with a mix of new/veteran players.

Deleted
    I can see this conversation is leading to LFR, because if you join a proper guild you will have no problem or queue! You don't want to join a guild or do the very VERY short attunement ? If players can't put any time or effort into that, then I'm afraid raids are way out of their league.

Guessing the raid will hit late summer EDIT: lots of good guilds have not completed the second raid yet, it's not that easy
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2016-04-20 at 07:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That would be fine if the game had a population that was healthy enough to support tons of guilds that catered to all demographics, time zones, and schedules...

It doesn't have that, and so it becomes a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still gotta do the dungeons with a queue that never pops. Everything I said is valid and not soloable. Everyone still being intentionally ignorant will see soon enough, now that the entire team who made raids is fired. But hey, what do I know? At least I can still dole out the criticism when I'm enjoying the game. It's just not what it was intended to be and they haven't made the full brain switch to comprehend that.

One on hand, it would be nice to have an attunement that is fully soloable as GA is easilyish pugged now. On the other the problem with dungeon queues not popping is not necessarily a problem with the attunement itself, but with the games low pop. I'm not sure what the fix would be, you can take out the attunement, but people will be stopped by the gear grind anyway. Personally I think it would be fine if you just take out the KV side boss bit and make it so you have to complete 4 of any dungeon rather than one of each.

I will say and have said that Wildstar is immensely better with a guild, ones that can get groups together. For instance, my favorite dungeon happens to be the hardest (Ultimate Proto), if you ever get into a queue with that the group will vote to disband. There's a pretty good reason for it too, usually queue times are shorter than the amount of time it takes a pug to complete that dungeon; most people don't know the mechanics. Back when my guild was not killed by SD, we'd just run that thing for the hell of it.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

I can see this conversation is leading to LFR, because if you join a proper guild you will have no problem or queue! You don't want to join a guild or do the very VERY short attunement ? If players can't put any time or effort into that, then I'm afraid raids are way out of their league.

Guessing the raid will hit late summer EDIT: lots of good guilds have not completed the second raid yet, it's not that easy
    Or...you know...I just want to be able to do veteran content without needing to hassle my guild into helping me through it. Nothing about LFR, nothing about attunement, nothing about raiding at all.

Deleted
    look what 2 weeks of being subbed just got me lol
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2016-04-20 at 07:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or...you know...I just want to be able to do veteran content without needing to hassle my guild into helping me through it. Nothing about LFR, nothing about attunement, nothing about raiding at all.
    Wildstar could use a system like Secret Worlds dailies to make dungeons pop. Contracts kinda are, but the rng makes it not as useful for dungeons. Finish 3 dungeons to get rune bags or something like that

Deleted
    I was slow typing, your post jumped in the middle

isnt this the main problem with Wildstar?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    isnt this the main problem with Wildstar?
    No....there is a awful lot of casual content in game

Deleted
    look what 2 weeks of being subbed just got me lol
    I was just about to post a "look at my new mount!" picture, but well... I post it anyway, moar kroggenbulls!=)

No....there is a awful lot of casual content in game
    Ok and....

What casual content is there to do at endgame? I am really asking since I never got that far. But if it isn't any different then Wow then yes the raids need to be queable. Even if there is more raids should still be queable. This isn't 2007 anymore.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-20 at 09:20 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok and....

What casual content is there to do at endgame? I am really asking since I never got that far. But if it isn't any different then Wow then yes the raids need to be queable. Even if there is more raids should still be queable. This isn't 2007 anymore.
    If you've done GA, you'd understand why it's not queueable.

There's other content than raiding---Wildstar isn't necessarily raid or die per say. I do find that the best content is raiding however imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    If you've done GA, you'd understand why it's not queueable.

There's other content than raiding---Wildstar isn't necessarily raid or die per say. I do find that the best content is raiding however imo
    Just because something mite be hard doesn't mean it shouldn't be queable.

More options are better even more so for a dying MMO like wildstar.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD